It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors burn American flag in London on 9/11 Moment of Silence

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaemusAlphae
reply to post by mishigas

How is it disgusting that they hate us for occupying their country? Here, American media has the audacity to call the patriots of the lands we invaded "terrorists" while they are fighting us because they do not want us there.

There is nothing disgusting about this at all.....and I am an American.
edit on 12-9-2011 by DaemusAlphae because: (no reason given)

I find it just as disgusting as the people who were cheering when we "got" Osama Bin Laden. Loss of life is loss of life regardless of which side it's on.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Is it condemned by popular public opinion? If so then there's my point. See whenever there is a hanus act comitted in the name of islam there's hardly a sound out of the muslim communities. Those people who were burning the flag I wonder if they were out protesting aginst the murder of 9/11 whe it happened.

Why is it the responsibility of someone who happens to be a peaceful, law-abiding Muslim to continually say sorry for the actions of an extremist minority that abuse their own religion? Do you apologise constantly for the Michigan Militia or Aryan Nation?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Why is it the responsibility of someone who happens to be a peaceful, law-abiding Muslim to continually say sorry for the actions of an extremist minority that abuse their own religion? Do you apologise constantly for the Michigan Militia or Aryan Nation?

I don't think those orgs are religiously oriented. But the main point is, we don't play 3 monkeys with them, either -- we go after them and prosecute them.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

"If so then there's my point. See whenever there is a hanus act comitted in the name of islam there's hardly a sound out of the muslim communities. "

"..in the name of Islam.."..lol.. ridiculous. Bad people do bad things.

What does "in the name of" mean, literally?..and what are the criteria?.. does a Muslim person have to shout "I do this in the name of" within a specified time?.. will a note suffice? swing a dead baby goat over their head clockwise at sundown?

Lets just call it what it is.. they did their heinous act in the name of "violent jerk-off-ism"..lol.. make up whatever subjective term you like. Lets pretend revenge isn't a factor either.. no reason for an Iraqi with a dead family to be upset.. nah, should he blow a few heroes to smithereens .. it's in the name of Islam... obviously.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Lets just call it what it is.. they did their heinous act in the name of "violent jerk-off-ism"..

We've butted heads in the past, but you get a star for "violent jerk-off-ism". And I'm stealing it!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
Let's remember what our armies are supposed to be fighting for. Democracy, freedom, security etc.

That is the crux of the whole thing. What gives anyone the right to 'force' their ideals of Democracy and/or Relgion onto another nation. Democracy is something that needs to come to a nation by natural evolution without outside interference. If a nation tries to force Democracy onto another nation, then what they are really doing is forcing it by facism.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Let's remember what our armies are supposed to be fighting for. Democracy, freedom, security etc.

That is the crux of the whole thing. What gives anyone the right to 'force' their ideals of Democracy and/or Relgion onto another nation. Democracy is something that needs to come to a nation by natural evolution without outside interference. If a nation tries to force Democracy onto another nation, then what they are really doing is forcing it by facism.

Yeah, I know, that was my point. Important word in the sentence was 'supposed'. I think both the Islamist groups and the English Defence League are vicious bigots, but if we really believe in democracy, then we have to tolerate their existence, at least to a degree, otherwise our claims to democracy are hypocritical. When their actions lead directly into violence or other harm to people, then they should be curtailed.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I don't think those orgs are religiously oriented. But the main point is, we don't play 3 monkeys with them, either -- we go after them and prosecute them.

They abuse Christianity in the same way that Islamist terrorists do their supposed religion. Claiming to be true believers but twisting it to excuse their prejudice and actions. It's the same with people who murder abortion clinic workers. Now any sane Christian would know that it's wrong to kill people who perform abortions. But it's not their job to *apologise* for it, as if Christianity itself were to blame. The religion is not the root of the problem, it's the psychosis and bigotry of people twisting a religious belief. By the values of sane, non-suicide bombing Muslims, the extremists aren't behaving like Muslims at all, in fact they are going against the teachings of the Koran. Just because there aren't huge marches the day after an attack full of American Muslims whipping themselves doesn't mean everyone agrees with terrorism. Boot on the other foot time - how many times do rank-and-file white Christian Americans apologise to the inhabitants of Iraq and Afghanistan for civilian deaths and torture since 2001?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

They abuse Christianity in the same way that Islamist terrorists do their supposed religion. Claiming to be true believers but twisting it to excuse their prejudice and actions. It's the same with people who murder abortion clinic workers. Now any sane Christian would know that it's wrong to kill people who perform abortions. But it's not their job to *apologise* for it, as if Christianity itself were to blame. The religion is not the root of the problem, it's the psychosis and bigotry of people twisting a religious belief. By the values of sane, non-suicide bombing Muslims, the extremists aren't behaving like Muslims at all, in fact they are going against the teachings of the Koran. Just because there aren't huge marches the day after an attack full of American Muslims whipping themselves doesn't mean everyone agrees with terrorism. Boot on the other foot time - how many times do rank-and-file white Christian Americans apologise to the inhabitants of Iraq and Afghanistan for civilian deaths and torture since 2001?

Not the same at all, in frequency or dedication. I'm not convinced that the rare clinic bombing is done soley by Christians in the name of Christianity. And we prosecute offenders. When was the last time Afghanistan prosecuted an al Qaeda?

Terrorists commit terror in the name of their religion, as evidenced by the "Allahu Akbar" they shout at the moment of impact. That doesn't happen with Christians. If someone did that, Christians and their leadership would publicly decry.

When was the last time anybody apologized to us for 9/11? As for their collateral damage, that's the cost of harboring terrorists. Regardless, american protests apologizing to Iraq are commonplace. Where are the Islam protestors? Sorry -- their silence means assent, regardless of how strongly you deny it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

When was the last time anybody apologized to us for 9/11? As for their collateral damage, that's the cost of harboring terrorists. Regardless, american protests apologizing to Iraq are commonplace. Where are the Islam protestors? Sorry -- their silence means assent, regardless of how strongly you deny it.

Since when did Iraq have anything at all to do with 9-11 other than our lame connections with it that were used to go in and invade them?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Not the same at all, in frequency or dedication. I'm not convinced that the rare clinic bombing is done soley by Christians in the name of Christianity. And we prosecute offenders. When was the last time Afghanistan prosecuted an al Qaeda?

Terrorists commit terror in the name of their religion, as evidenced by the "Allahu Akbar" they shout at the moment of impact. That doesn't happen with Christians. If someone did that, Christians and their leadership would publicly decry.

Don't you see the irony (sorry, that should read 'hypocrisy') of handwaving the maiming and murder of thousands of civilians whilst demanding contrition for the same? But they're not New Yorkers, so that's OK, right? They're not real people or anything.

Is there a threshold of terrorist atrocity above which totally innocent and uninvolved people must apologise at any given opportunity? And besides, even if Muslims did, I can imagine the response would be 'sorry doesn't change history', so what's the point.

But if you insist, I think you may be looking for something like this:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: vocabulary

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
And here's something else I found: an Islamic peace conference in London.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

And here's something else I found: an Islamic peace conference in London.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not neally as headline grabbing though is it? Peaceful Muslims are boring, Angry Shoutty Muslims are much more scary, go tot feed the fear
edit on 25-9-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That certainly deserves more exposure than it has been given and one certainly has to question why it hasn't.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It was a featured article on the BBC's international news website, but doesn't have the news clout to make it to the very top headline - I think they did the best they could with it. Perhaps if some UK members of parliament had been in attendance it would've gone further up the pole. Sadly, it's the racist thugs like the English Defence League and clueless extremists like Muslims against Crusades who make the most noise and get the most attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join