It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors burn American flag in London on 9/11 Moment of Silence

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well then I guess Australia's the only English speaking country left which isn't yet a #hole. perhaps apart from New Zealand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable
with out my conspiracy views kicking in i would just like to say am against occupations of other country's and believe unless they are about to press the button on there nukes or over half of there population is crying out for us to liberate them leave them alone. i am from uk and know that a lot of the members here are from u.s so let me tell you something you probably don't know here in uk we have a group who call them selfs English Defence League they are comprised of a large majority of football hooligan firms that have banded together and follow the Muslim protesters were ever they protest heres a news link of 9/11 remembrance day and the clashing of two sides it is an everday occurance over here the police mange it well know but never used to news link
edit on 13/9/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

Is it condemned by popular public opinion? If so then there's my point. See whenever there is a hanus act comitted in the name of islam there's hardly a sound out of the muslim communities. Those people who were burning the flag I wonder if they were out protesting aginst the murder of 9/11 whe it happened.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

And it has never crossed your mind that the media simply concentrates on a minority of extremists to promote fear and division while ignoring muslims who condemn attacks of this nature?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

EAxactle what has happen in the ages of man from then till now that changes murder? By both sides.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

And it has never crossed your mind that the media simply concentrates on a minority of extremists to promote fear and division while ignoring muslims who condemn attacks of this nature?

I've only got to see it up the road for myself. why is it when people point things out that goes against the grain of the the do gooders those people are accused of not using their mind? The senses pick up not just information from the media. Did that ever cross your mind?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

EAxactle what has happen in the ages of man from then till now that changes murder? By both sides.

The point is we can't keep on using the events of yesteryear, especially those from nearly a millenia ago, as an excuse for the events of today.

And using todays values to judge the events of yesterday is like trying to use The Marquess Of Queensberry Rules to referee a wrestling match.

Yes, we can learn from history, but if history is to be beneficial then it requires a degree of openness, honesty and impartiality that far too few people seem to have.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

australia and nz by far
paradise on earth

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

It has crossed my mind on numerous occassions.

But then I do recall one or two occassions where Muslims have been on prime time tv condemning the extremists and terrorists.
These Muslims have even been portrayed as 'the voice of the silent majority'.

Whilst I have no wish to belittle or ridicule these incredibly brave people for voicing their opposition so publicly when I'm sure we are all aware of the possible repercussions they may face, however, closer inspection reveals that these are a very, very small handful of people and are far less repesentative of the majority view than the extremists they bravely oppose.
MSM have been guilty of bulling them up and trying to make out they are more influential, representative and larger in numbers than they really are.
edit on 14/9/11 by Freeborn because: knackered keyboard

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Haxsaw

yeah fail mate blowing up buildings and flying planes into them is spreading goodness and joy

all right here
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

good to see you completely missed the point, and then went on to get about 5 stars for missing the point, lol, you failed the first time and failed the second, and then got 5 fail stars for failing.

You originallly said:
"that is a sign of things to come we could pull out of the middle east entirely but dont count on the millions of muslims in the europe or america to ever leave.
so the question is really who is occupying who
meh"

As if to say that by "pulling out" American military bases and complete occupations brought about by wars like in Afghanistan and Iraq means that all muslims should also leave all non Islamic countries, so I'll stick to my initial comment, yes that's a complete and utter fail. Im not sure how someone could be that ignorant and/or arrogant. Muslims arent burning the flag because there are some non-muslims and/or westerners living in their country, they are buring flags because of wars being started based on lies and military bases that America has shoved all around the world, not to mention Americas totally hypocritical foriegn policies(especially when it come sto Israel).

So let me state once more for the record, that equating a withdrawl of American war machines out of the middle-east to all muslims having to leave the west/europe at the same time, is a complete joke. I'm also not sure how you equate muslims liiving("occupying" in your words) in the west as "blowing up buildings and flying planes into them" , talk about a perverted imagination. Let me guess Israel is full of Angels too.

Dont play dumb(I know it might be hard for you), but you clearly tried to say American military occupation of muslim countries(and military bases in muslim countries) is equal to muslims living in non-muslim countries, that's pathetic.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

all the media? everyone of them? everywhere?

most payed lip service in condemnation of 911, taquilia, the lying thing.(sp)

it would have been a huge deal if there were some real outcry from the communities.

the reaction is more like, "lol, those wild and crazy guys are at it again! what can ya do?"

here is a wiki about flag desecration from other countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Let me state it for you loud and clear:

Mohommed(saws) said that anyone who takes the life of one innocent person then to GOD(ALLAH) it is as though they have taken the lives of all of humanity. Obviously pointing to just how bad this sin really is.

So when a muslim sees some hate crime committed by some American against a muslim within America, do all muslims yell out "where is the American public outcry"? no, most know that is it just one(or a group) of individual/s who have some issues. And as you know there are plenty of muslims who have condemned the 911 attacks regardless of the lies involved in the official story, to say that most muslims just say "oh there goes them crazy guys again" is a slight stretch of the imagination, and the ones that do are probably the same muslims who say "oh there goes them crazy guys again" when an American commits a hate crime against a muslim in America. Overall I think you're clutching as straws.

Also when a muslim burns an American flag they arent saying burn all Americans, they're clearly protesting what the American government(which supposedly has the backing of the majority of Americans) stands for.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
reply to post by fooks

Let me state it for you loud and clear:

Mohommed(saws) said that anyone who takes the life of one innocent person then to GOD(ALLAH) it is as though they have taken the lives of all of humanity. Obviously pointing to just how bad this sin really is.

So when a muslim sees some hate crime committed by some American against a muslim within America, do all muslims yell out "where is the American public outcry"? no, most know that is it just one(or a group) of individual/s who have some issues. And as you know there are plenty of muslims who have condemned the 911 attacks regardless of the lies involved in the official story, to say that most muslims just say "oh there goes them crazy guys again" is a slight stretch of the imagination, and the ones that do are probably the same muslims who say "oh there goes them crazy guys again" when an American commits a hate crime against a muslim in America. Overall I think you're clutching as straws.

Also when a muslim burns an American flag they arent saying burn all Americans, they're clearly protesting what the American government(which supposedly has the backing of the majority of Americans) stands for.

ya, ok.

your last line is telling.

anyway, the forces against terrorists are sanctioned by governments/countries and they wear uniforms.

don't have to tell you where i'm going with this but will.

the bs about cartoons and mohammed, burning korans, dress codes, saying anything bad, a million other things and all that crap is condoned and practiced by governments and big time religious leaders in islam.

your first line says an "innocent" and implies a non muslim. which everyone touts that it means.

"implies" is the operative word. is an infidel, kafir, apostate, innocent? what does he mean by that?

innocent by who's standards?

who you trying to kid?

we really do prosecute people that commit hate crimes. unlike other muslim countries.
edit on 14-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

And it has never crossed your mind that the media simply concentrates on a minority of extremists to promote fear and divisio.
n while ignoring muslims who condemn attacks of this nature?

all the media? everyone of them? everywhere?

most payed lip service in condemnation of 911, taquilia, the lying thing.(sp)

it would have been a huge deal if there were some real outcry from the communities.

the reaction is more like, "lol, those wild and crazy guys are at it again! what can ya do?"

here is a wiki about flag desecration from other countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by hmdphantom

Disgusting Really ?

Change your mind.

Suppose some other people invade your country. Will you be happy?

Suppose they kill your little brother , will you still be happy ?

Suppose your young sister disappears , will you still be happy ?

Suppose your young brother is raped , will you still be happy ?

I don't think so.

So the Muslims in UK are not happy too.

Don't harbor terrorists and hide murderers and we won't invade your lands. Don't fly our planes into our buildings and we'll be happy. Don't have your cowardly dogs of terrorists hide behind women's skirts and innocents won't be harmed.

What you say sums it up.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Ron Paul and Noam Chomsky, you may have heard of them, They have an interesting view on why Muslims are annoyed and attacking our countries.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

History is in the process if repeating itself as we write & read these words. Only change is the weapon & manner of death. If they would have had flags millenia ago, they would have burned them. Religous fanatics on both sides of the coin, will kill in the name of their God way longer than you & I will be on the planet.

Nothings changed, except were now much more effective at the killing process. The brown people are getting thin, soon we'll have to find a new enemy,maybe yellow people?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

History is in the process if repeating itself as we write & read these words. Only change is the weapon & manner of death.

Aspects of history do indeed have a habit of repeating themselves.

Maybe I'm being more than slightly naive here but I do believe that we can break free from that cycle if we adopt an openness and honesty free from any pre-conceived ideas and dogma.

If they would have had flags millenia ago, they would have burned them.

Of course they would....but I doubt it would have had as much effect, morals and standards were a bit different then, as were people's sensibilities.

Religous fanatics on both sides of the coin, will kill in the name of their God way longer than you & I will be on the planet.

Despite my previously stated optimism I agree with you entirely there.

Nothings changed, except were now much more effective at the killing process.

Lots of things have changed, but I'd certainly agree with the latter part of the sentence.

The brown people are getting thin,

Are they?
I thought that their birth rates far outstrip those of 'white' people.
Some would have us believe that 'they' are on the verge of over-running 'us'.
Some believe with inceased inter-racial marriages etc and greater birth rates it is only a matter of time before we are all 'brown' to varying degrees.

soon we'll have to find a new enemy,maybe yellow people?

Far too many of them blighters for us to take on and they are pretty much ingrained within our society.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that it is prophesised that the men from the east will come three times, and the third time will be the last - for all of us.
According to this they have 'been' twice before.

Can't remember whose prophecy it's supposed to be etc but thought I'd mention it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I for one think that the Britsh goverment an U.S cant really do anything about the extremists groups on both sides they will always exist. Every humane protest will get hijacked by theses types of consortiums due to hate that comes with the violent incidents that sparks them. I also know that on the other hand, the morals that the English defiance league preach means food for thought for the extremist type of immigrants and will also mean less immigrants and hand in hand less homeland attacks. I also know not all British Muslims are terrorists sympathizer same goes for all britsih we are not all racists. If theses types of attacks were reversed and we were reverting to such terror attacks. I could say that all western people in there homeland would either be executed or deported from there soils. So in a way we are being occupied by the enemy be it a really small amount where do we draw the line. I know Britsh citizens can handle terrorism and fear we did during the blitz being boomed every night for a year. We had unity at the time and would bow to no one due to patriotic pride.Times have changed and the people to day are week and totally a consumer nation of reliance. We are under the notion that we could not survive without what this age has given us. Were as back then, ie blitz, they had bare minimum and could survive due to having minimum to start with its this, not have and not need attitude and less reliance that makes a stronger nation.The world has become easy to be controlled through fear we are but a baby sucking on the nipple for milk we don't need as the world gives us more in the years to come all hope is lost with further generations.
edit on 14/9/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Flags are meaningless. I don't know why US citizens get so upset about it, it just plays into the hands of the people doing the burning. The protestors are idiots and extremists, and they don't represent anybody but themselves and other idiots/extremists.

Let's remember what our armies are supposed to be fighting for. Democracy, freedom, security etc. Well, true free speech means allowing people just like these idiots to say things which others may find deeply offensive. That's the measure of how enlightened our societies are meant to be. You don't get to choose - at least not within a certain continuum of values - what's acceptable and what's not. It was a gesture designed to provoke. The best way to defuse it is not to respond in kind. Prove how much better you are by debunking their arguments with rationality and fact.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Freeborn, We will allways have war. As long as there's a human who can find another human to throw a rock at, there will allways be conflict.

When I say "brown people" it's just a phrase. I mean the muslims. Islam is a religion. Christianity is a religion. Hindu, Judiasm, See where I'm headed here? The problem is RELIGION. So much could change if we could just do away with it. ALL OF IT.

In your reply, I could not help to get the feeling, you think I know nothing about racism? My friend, I'm from the south, N.C. To be exact. 13th state to seceed from the union. I went to a high school that was 80% black. Me being white, I learned real quick about racism. And being a minority.

War, death, dieing, mameing, destruction,= re-building contracts, new Administrations ( that work well with our ideals) cheaper oil, cheaper gas. BIG PROFITS FOR TPTB. Your country and mine have killed more folks in my lifetime, than any other two I can find. So you know, I am not a proud American any more. Proud Southerner, hell yea. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join