It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors burn American flag in London on 9/11 Moment of Silence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Muslim protestors burned the American flag yesterday in London during a memorial for 9/11 victims:

Protesters set fire to the U.S. flag outside the American embassy in London yesterday during a minute's silence to mark the moment the first hijacked airliner hit the World Trade Centre.

A group of 100 Muslim radicals, including members of Muslims Against Crusades, shouted 'USA terrorists' and brandished anti-American placards.

One protester in Grosvenor Square said: 'You will always face suffering, you will always face humiliation, unless you withdraw your troops from Muslim lands.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Link

Disgusting, really.

+72 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

haha
good on em

whats disgusting is the way the united states treats the world..
you gotta expect that the people you slaughter are going to want to burn your flag
have a cry
edit on 12-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It doesn't help the stereotype. Not really fair on the Muslims that do care and mourn the tragic events.

+48 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

How is it disgusting that they hate us for occupying their country? Here, American media has the audacity to call the patriots of the lands we invaded "terrorists" while they are fighting us because they do not want us there.

There is nothing disgusting about this at all.....and I am an American.
edit on 12-9-2011 by DaemusAlphae because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Disgusting, really.

Is it? If They were occupying Our countries...would We have the same feelings about Them as They now do about Us? Would We not want to be "in Their face?"

Frankly... It's disgusting the way the government of the US swaggers around this planet as if it were the be-all and end-all. I sympathize with the perspective these People have. They did NOT suicide bomb. They burnt a piece of fabric.

Now... If the US government behaved as it preached, I bet They would like Us just fine.

EDIT to add: Though it credits the OP, I flagged this thread to bring awareness to the perspective of the People who made a very good statement. You might consider doing so as well.
edit on 9/12/2011 by Amaterasu because: addition

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Why disgusting? We invaded their lands for no reason because after 9/11 they offered us Bin Laden but Bush turned them down. We have killed Hundreds of thousands of innocent people again for no reason. We are the terrorist over there not them.

OT Why is there a photo-shopped pic of the leader of Iran made up to look like Bin laden on the background?

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

While disgusting, it's a damned sight better than blowin stuff up.
I can deal with flag burners. The ones bombing/shooting I have issues wth.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Disgusting, really.

What is that you find disgusting. Burning a flag? Burning a flag when you are "supposed" to be silent? Muslims burning a flag? People protesting? Muslims protesting? Just Muslims? Or perhaps, all of the above?

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I never was bothered by flag burning. We burn our own flags.

I know that it is meant to cause anger....but really.... it just...does not bother me.... when it comes down to it, all they are burning is a piece of cloth...

I am just sick of the violence and anger in the world.... that's all. if it makes them feel better. so be it...

If it angers you... Well, there are much worse things in the world to get angry about.
edit on 12-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I find it quite silly that you don't see the problem with them doing this because their countries are being invaded and yet they are in someone elses themselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaemusAlphae
reply to post by LauraDanning

My goodness you are stunning. Oh, and you are from the UK? American guys love girls with English accents, well at least I do. So, how 'bout that (non-American) football?

Off topic, I know. I was feeling brave, what I can I say. You can take down my post, but you can't take down my courage!

I can smell the desperation from here...

I am going to laugh when that person turns out to be a man..You can't always tell by avatars and usernames.

That said,it is just a piece of cloth.... I have more things to worry about than some people burning a flag.
edit on 12-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   

If the Muslims invaded your country in the name of "peace and democracy" then I'm pretty sure you'll do the same (burning their flags that is).

But ofcourse, we have to keep negative stereotyping the Muslims as long as possible to keep these BS wars justified in the name of "peace, security and freedom" at the expense of tax payers money.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

The whole other 5.7 billion people feel the same way about americans.

"Are they shooting at us? No?
Dropping bombs at us? No?
Toppling our govermnent? No?
Financing terrorists? No?
Starving us to death by sanctions? No?
Killing our babies through medical sanctions? No?
Forcing us into debt? No?

Oh, lucky us."

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
*deleted*
edit on 12/9/11 by LauraDanning because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Muslim protestors burned the American flag yesterday in London during a memorial for 9/11 victims:

One protester in Grosvenor Square said: 'You will always face suffering, you will always face humiliation, unless you withdraw your troops from Muslim lands.'

Disgusting, really.

How so? I know 'waving flag' is by far a favorite national sport in US, but 'shooting and bombing brown people' is following very closely this days. Now, that's disgusting.

The protester which quote i left has it dead right. What he might not realizing is, that it's exactly what america's shadow gov wants, to keep nation in submission through fear, keep people divided, some lodged in political rant between reps and dems, while other just enjoy their life as much as they can, giving away freedoms for illusion of safety for them AND THE KIDS. US is producing it's enemies every day, with pain and sorrow they procurr and seems to be quite happy with it. All going well, and accordingly to the plan. I mean, you have to have some enemies in 10 years, Military Industrial Complex will make sure of it, so they wont go out of business.

PS
Im bit disgusted by the graphic background, and image of some poor afghan farmer with honest look on his face embedded in it, or is that supposd to be Bin Laden? Last poll showed how much exactly people visiting this site believe in official story of 9/11, and invasion of Afghanistan shortly afterwards.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname
"Are they shooting at us? No?
Dropping bombs at us? No?
Toppling our govermnent? No?
Financing terrorists? No?
Starving us to death by sanctions? No?
Killing our babies through medical sanctions? No?
Forcing us into debt? No?

Oh, lucky us."

Well, there would be no countries left after checking your list.

link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by Amaterasu

I find it quite silly that you don't see the problem with them doing this because their countries are being invaded and yet they are in someone elses themselves.

Um... I thought We prided Ourselves in Our freedom to express Ourselves, as long as it does not break the three Laws. Any "pain" felt by You from Their actions is of Your own choosing. So don't try to lay that on Their heads.

They chose to say something about how THEY felt, in a manner that hurt no One. Good on 'em, I say. They have that right as much as You or I do.

link   
Yeah free speech sure is disgusting. I have an idea, let's abolish it! /end sarcasm/

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Surely there will be repercussions in the small minds of some English/American people. It's just another reason to fan the flames of the fire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join