It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOAH! Judaism does not equal Zionism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I'm going to research this more. Apparently there are Jews who don't believe the Jewish People will have a homeland until their Messiah comes, and that Israel (the current country) has nothing to do with Judaism!

Is this the realm of conspiracy or the truth? If any Jews reading this have any direct, personal information on this please reply.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
www.jewsnotzionists.org...

and

www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

both organizations by jews against zionism. while these orgs seem relatively modern, i know there is at least once ancient sect of judaism which rejects the concept of zionism. i can't rememeber the exact name though.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
There are many jews that oppose the state of israel, for many different reasons (usually moral or religious)

there is a portion of jews who oppose the state of israel on religious grounds. they are usually "ultra-orthodox" jews and believe that the torah states that the jews are not permitted back in israel untill their messiah comes

I used to make donations to one such group called "jews against zionism"

www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

another popular such group is the Neturei Karta

www.nkusa.org...

these are two very honest organisations and almost everything they say, i agree with. I strongly recommend you visit these sites

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes, a large number of Jews are against Zionism. Zionism is the movenment to return to their homeland and create a Jewish state. Israel was created in 1948, land was taken from Palestine. God said Israel is the homeland of the jews, this is what Zionist believe, but normal jews think its unfair moving into palestine and taking all of the land just for Zionisht greed.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I've checked out those pages and they are interesting.

Just like with pious Christians who will never engage in violence, it looks like the pious Jews are also very peaceful and abhor war.

Meanwhile, pseudo-religious people hijack their own religions and run around killing one another.

Very interesting stuff indeed.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hi Infinite:

Which "god" said that the "jews" (Iudaoi? Judeans?) must have Palestine as a holmeland?

Are you referring to the specious and forged claims of this clan god found in the various contradictory Hebrew/Aramaic writings of the priests (cohenim) of the cult of the post Exilic clan-god YHWH found in the socalled Hebrew Bible? If so what version of the text are you quoting? The Samaritan Pentateuch? The Hebrew Vorlage to the LXX? The Targums? The various Dead Sea Scroll families of Hebrew Scriptures? The very late pointed Masoretic Text of Leningrad (AD 850?)

Haven't you ever heard the expression, CONSIDER THE SOURCE?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"This is the land of which I swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, 'I will give it to your offspring'" (Deut. 34:4)"

But, but,but!!!

"If you are not careful to do all the words of this law you shall be plucked off the land that you are entering to take possession of it," warns Moses in Deuteronomy 28. "And the LORD will scatter you among all the peoples, from one end of the earth to the other. "

In other words, God DID promise Israel to the jews, but if the jews disobey God and do not keep the covenant, the land will be taken away. So the question is, Jews were thrown out of Israel for not obey God and keeping the covenant, so why are they back in Israel?

top topics

join