It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man , the warrior , the hero , the legend , .... of 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/343a98bdfba5.jpg[/atsimg]

Rick Rescola was a lifelong soldier , and was about as brave and fearless as you can get .
I've pasted a few facts here for you , but check out this guy's cajones here :

www.badassoftheweek.com...

From both a military and a civilian capacity, it's hard to argue with the statement that Rick Rescorla is one of the greatest heroes in modern American history.
According to Hal Moore, the Vietnam vet author of We Were Soldiers, Rescorla was, "the greatest platoon commander I have ever seen," but it was the crazy stories about this guy that really made him a semi-mythical entity among the American troops. I mean, the f*****g guy's call sign was "Hard Corps One-Six," for crying out loud. This is a man who would be out there running laps barefoot every morning, and allegedly the soles of his feet were so toughened up from this regimen that he could put a campfire out by stepping on it. There are stories of him walking into an NVA foxhole, seeing a bunch of enemy officers, and calmly saying, "Oh, pardon me," before smoking the room with machine gun fire. Another tale has some Private flipping out Vincent D'Onofrio style and pulling a .45 on his commanding officer, and Rescorla (who was sharpening his Bowie knife at the time) just got up, walked right over to the guy, and just said, "Put. The gun. Down." The dude did, and Rescorla went back to sharpening his knife.

Hard Corps One-Six left 'Nam with a Silver Star and a Bronze Star, got a law degree in Oklahoma, taught Criminal Justice at the University of South Carolina, and retired from the Army reserve in 1990 with the rank of Colonel. He later got a job as director of security for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, where he was tasked with ensuring employee safety for one of the world's largest financial institutions.

Rick Rescorla died almost exactly 10 years ago today. He was at his post on the 44th floor of World Trade Center Tower 1 on September 11, 2001, when a psychotic madman flew a passenger airliner into the building. When the Port Authority came over the loudspeaker in the building and ordered everyone inside to stay put, Rescorla muttered "Bugger that Blimy Poppycock" (or something equally British) under his breath, and flipped his brain right back into Commanding Officer mode. It wasn't his first time dealing with a terrorist attack on his place of employment – in 1993, when a truck bomb went off in the basement of the Tower, Rescorla had evacuated his offices, helping everyone out until he was the last man to leave the building – and he wasn't taking any chances this time either. He grabbed a bullhorn and personally ran up and down the 22 floors that encompassed Morgan Stanley Dean Witter headquarters, quickly and calmly getting everyone out of their cubes and down the stairs. Rushing up and down the building despite the fact that he was 62 years old and dying from terminal bone marrow cancer, Rescorla didn't even consider slowing down until all 2,700 of his co-workers were safely out of the burning building. When he saw how terrified the men and women he worked with were, he went back to his old standby of singing British folk songs to try and cheer them up.

He was last seen on the tenth floor of the World Trade Center, headed up. Of the 2,700 people he had been charged with protecting, all but 6 survived the terrorist attack.

R . I . P Rick Rescorla

.... you will NEVER be forgotten

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Thank you for this. It's amazing what a single human can accomplish.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Fearless to the end. Ruthless in battle, but compassionate enough to put others before his own safety.
This is the mark of a true warrior. Someone who you would be proud to call "A Brother in Arms".

This man personifies all that is good about soldiering. May he Rest in Peace and never be forgotten.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So, just a typical English soldier..

Sounds like so many guys I have served with.

I love this guy

RIP bro

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Are you following me around in here?

Good to see you Bro.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by EvanB

Are you following me around in here?

Good to see you Bro.

Stalker? Moi?

Nah, coinkidenk.

Good to virtually see you too bro

edit on 12-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Its such a shame they never found his remains.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

actually he's Cornish... we in Kernow are Cornish, not English...ahaaaaaarrrr

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
bump for today

new topics

top topics

join