It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question about front page threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I noticed the discussion the other day regarding what gets a thread on to the front page and hense, more viewing time due to its prominence.

If the criteria is in fact based on F&S can I point out that the thread of mine "Has anyone noticed the smell of burning rubber" has at this moment in time 14 S and 21 F and is not on the front page, whereas the thread titled "Los Angeles is very active at the moment just looking at the live quake cam" is but has 14S and 18 F.

I wonder if there is a reason for this, thanks in anticipation.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It's not only the amount of stars and flags, but also the time-frame in which the amount of stars and flags are collected. For example your thread collected 14 stars and 21 flags over a period of 5/6 days, and the other thread collected 18 flags and 14 stars within a day. As far as I know (I'm sure someone will correct me) the front page threads are top threads of a specific day.

In other words if you created your thread at exactly the same moment as the LA thread, and collected the amount of flags/stars you currently have, then your thread would have been on the front page.

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks for the fast response and explanation. It does clear it up. Thanks

respects to you.

join