It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists are not evil - neither is Satan (the conspiracy of the Churches)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Keep in mind God didn't write the bible for starters. It was written by men, mostly i would say men with agendas.

Theres many cases of murder and other such attrocities in the bible, but again this is not God commanding these people to do these things. There is an agenda behind the people who wrote those passages. One group wanted another group dead, and the best way to have that happen is if "God" wants it done. Back then you could not argue with the church because it meant Heresy which of course meant death.

Though if you actually read Jesus in the four gospels and other places you can find his teachings, you'll find he does not ever condone such things. He preached love for all life, and led by example. The passages you used as your proof were him teaching a parable, which he used many times because many people misunderstood him, but those that understood his parables could also understand him.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It was man that wrote the scriptures that they used in the bible, so much is thrown around about the controversy between the bible and many ancient Pagan Gods, so much is taken from each, that yes, it can be hard to understand. One of the things i was taught was seek first to understand then be understood.

I do think that the bible is some kind of estranged set guideline, just not the one i choose to follow. There is just too many contradictions in it for me.

edit on 9/12/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Wait, isn't this your thread?

You do realize the bible is based around Jesus right?

If you follow the bible, why all the lies about the one that was supposedly sent from God?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yup, it is my thread.
I realize it was, but the stories were taken from many other religions that pre-date it, Sumerian, Pagan, Celtic e.c.t.
I dont follow it, i used to before i converted to new-found bliss. The church wasn't for me and i felt lost when they preached their sermons, nothing made sense to me i felt like they were leaving so much out or adding so much that i couldn't comprehend what they were trying to teach. They are not lies, they are instances where there are contradictions to the commandments and such. It was only when i started doing research around ancient Pagan rites and deities that i found similarities in the stories and i started to ponder on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Unfortunatly according to the bible they are lies. Yes there are many similarities in ancient pagan religons but you're not seeing the point. God isn't in a book, nor is God in religon. God is within, and living by the example Jesus set is what the true message is about. You don't need religon or satan or any thing but what is inside you.

Learn the lessons of Love, and happyness will follow.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

According to the bible indeed, it makes you think which is right and which is wrong though. Back in the 15-18th century and you thought that you should follow Pagan traditions you would of been accused of Heresy. I agree that he isn't in a book and i dont see how he could be either. Which God you follow is in your heart. It's your brain that creates reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw
reply to post by Akragon

According to the bible indeed, it makes you think which is right and which is wrong though. Back in the 15-18th century and you thought that you should follow Pagan traditions you would of been accused of Heresy. I agree that he isn't in a book and i dont see how he could be either. Which God you follow is in your heart. It's your brain that creates reason.

Truth can be found within love as well.... Believe me there is truth in the bible but you will only find it within the words of Jesus. Love solves all problems believe it or not.

I hope you see what i mean one day

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by NZkraw

Someone is trolling big time. Ok satanists are not evil, and its perfectly fine to sacrifice babies in your occult rituals and to steal skulls from dead people's tombs for your rituals.

The OP has posted in an attempt to stimulate debate on a different take of the good/evil paradigm,how does that translate into trolling? merely because they are in possesion of a more enquiring mind than your own?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You do not need to convince me that the story was most likely NOT a true story by any means. My response was to the person using that story to point out the evil of Satan all while forgetting the greater evil in that story presented by the God character.
Do not worry. I do not believe the bible is actually an account of anything that actually ever happened.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

I am baffled as to why you would go out of your way to attack Christ like this. I know your a Satan worshipper and all but what do you honestly hope to achieve by attacking Jesus's character like this? Not even demons are so foolish to challenge Him like this. Please tell me why your made this topic, and i'll be happy to help you if you want forgiveness for what you just did. I'm really concerned for you, because if you was to start attacking the Holy spirit like you just did with Jesus you would have just committed the unforgivable sin of blasphemy.

Jesus is the only way to heaven, let me show you why.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.

This could not be any more clear.
edit on 13-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

crowley hated christians....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You wrote:

["Please tell me why your made this topic, and i'll be happy to help you if you want forgiveness for what you just did. I'm really concerned for you, because if you was to start attacking the Holy spirit like you just did with Jesus you would have just committed the unforgivable sin of blasphemy."]

Aren't you overdoing the guru-thingy now. People are actually allowed to have different opinions from yours, without needing self-appointed divine counseling.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
regardless of how we view the moral fiber of other generations, i still think there's historical validity in the various ancient texts. i don't think there's one that suffers more so than another, for it's accuracy or validity, although i do believe the tedious record keeping of the hebrews, has been a fount of knowledge, wisdom, and in some cases amazing truths, that should not be overlooked or taken lightly.

at the foundation of all this ancient history, i do believe, is the exact same story, repeated, from differing historical perspectives, with their own cultural flavor, and unique languages, that have made them nearly uncomparable to each other, but the thread is there, and runs everywhere, from china, to australia, to the middle east and the african continent, to europe, scandinavia, and the isles of the pacific. it's repeated repeatedly. just under the veneer of cultural tradition and language anomalies.
edit on 13-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

With the Vikings vs. the Christians, The Christians were trying to convert the Vikings away from their own beliefs.
Beliefs that the Vikings didn't want to have any part in. In that time the Christians were trying to convert all Pagans. It was either convert - or die. The Anglo-Saxons would have rather died.
My point is that it was converting by the sword. So the Vikings fought back.

Thats a lie. The Norse embraced Christianity, because there was nothing more noble or honorable than to die for a cause greater than themselves. The Norse were already a deathcult, with christianity they were promised eternal life without having to kill anyone, and if they died martyrs for Christ then their place in heaven was assured, and they liked the idea better that Good would win over Evil versus Ragnarok where evil triumphs and mankind and the gods were all killed.

When christianity began to spread across europe and paganism was still prevalent, there were only missionaries who had no weapons and no training in battle. So youre honestly going to so it was "convert or kill"? I think youre thinking of Islam bro. You seriously need to go to college and take an ancient history course.
When the first missionaries began to preach to the pagans this was around 400-700 A.D. Catholicism became the prevalent religion in europe around the time of the Frankish King Charlemaingne the First after the Muslim Moors tried to sweep across europe through the staight of gibralter and into Spain. Catholicism didn't become forced until about the time of the First Crusade, where you either converted or were burned at the stake for witchcraft.

Catholicism is not christianity, at least not the medieval type on up to the Spanish Inquisition, they began to ignore Christ's commandments in order to gain wealth,power and control or Europe. The proof is in the pudding simple by reading about Christ and learning his ways. NEVER did he ever say to amass wealth and to sell real estate in heaven, he preached to love your enemies as your neighbors and to be at peace, and if you witnessed to someone and they refused him, to leave them be and continue on your way. he never preached to force someone to convert at the point of a sword that was the Pope.
edit on 13-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thank you for enlightening me, the convert of the Vikings to christianity was something i didn't understand just from what i had found information on yahoo answers (i knew i should of used Wikipedia).

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind offer, but Iam already beyond 'blaspheming' the trinity.
With your bible quotes i think you forgot to add these few.

Everyone will have to worship Jesus -- whether they want to or not. Philippians 2:10
A Christian can not be accused of any wrongdoing. Romans 8:33
You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

If you want to kill me, that's fine, but you have to find me first.

edit on 9/14/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Is it better to live like there is a god, and be wrong when you die? Or live like there is no god, and find out, once you die, that there is a god?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I dont want to live by a 'god' that is irrational.
If your god is THE god, then ill just have to find out, but i dont think that suffering in this life is the only way to have a good afterlife.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

What? why is he 'irrational'... are you going off here say to come to that conclusion or have you actually read the bible, i seriously doubt it. And what on earth makes you think living for God equals to suffering in this life? As a matter of fact many people's lives are vastly improved when they put there trust in Jesus, all sorts of miracles happen. Suffering is for the unbeliever my friend, you are spiritually dead. Only through faith in Jesus and repentance you shall find ever lasting life. Why wait until you die when it will be to late because you never bothered to find out the truth for your self in this life?
edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Irrational like... Capitol punishment, murdering for utterly stupid reasons, killing children - if you want any examples ask in your next post to me...

Yes i have actually read the bible, even more when i became Satanist.
Because that is apparently we have to 'suffer' to achieve "heaven".

Our lives on earth are dedicated to filling the “holes” and wounds caused by sin. It is a painful process that involves suffering. We will not enter heaven until the process is complete, or until we will finish our time in Purgatory.

Yup many peoples lives have changed and this is called 'false hope', and do you mean miracles like prayers being answered 0.01% of the time?

No, as a matter of fact iam spiritually elevated, on no circumstance can i be labeled as that, it is not myself that prayers to a false nefarious 'god' only to have my spirituality torn from my soul in the process. I believe i have found to truth to ever lasting life, just as you believe you have found yours.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join