It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the moon seem extra bright to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I went outside just now, a little after midnight my time, and the moon seemed noticably brighter. Even for a full moon it's a bright moon. It's obscured by clouds like the normally blue skies have been. But in those moments it shines through it shines much brighter. Any one else noticing this?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
I went outside just now, a little after midnight my time, and the moon seemed noticably brighter. Even for a full moon it's a bright moon. It's obscured by clouds like the normally blue skies have been. But in those moments it shines through it shines much brighter. Any one else noticing this?

Maybe because its a full moon.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Autumn Equinox is coming up, this is closest full moon, so Harvest Moon.

www.torontosun.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I was actually thinking the same thing last night. Not that I know if it really is brighter, but I did react to it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

For some reason this full moon is hitting me hard... Unsettling, restless, looney...

The increased brightness is due to all the spraying of chemtrails, aerosols, and particles in our atmosphere reflecting light and adding a new shine.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yeah, it's been really bright like a night light almost and I'm not sure, but the past couple of days standing on my front porch, it has rose in the north, then the next day it rose towards the east, then the next day it rose towards the south. Front, side, back. That was the past couple days, not sure about last night though. I don't know, just seems a little odd.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Yep, noticed it too, but as said before it's ' Harvest Moon '

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I just saw your post and went outside to look. It's a pretty clear
night. The moon is really bright where I am. And the stars too.
And there was a plane flying over my house that was very
obviously spraying something. I'm not joking. It had two flashing
red lights on the back and it looked like smoke was just
pouring out of the rear. I don't know much about chemtrails.
But I do know that contrails dissipate within a few minutes and
chemtrails stick around and billow out and slowly spread
across the sky. Do you think the brightness of the stars and
moon could possibly have anything to do with why they are
spraying?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Oddly enough, night before last I was out for a walk and was struck by the fact that despite it being very cloudy the moon was shining with great definition through the clouds, I assume it was just thin grey cloud but It caught my attention as being unusual.
Off topic at the moment here in Ireland we are just getting the tail end of hurricaine Katia,which is skirting the north western coast its pretty wild outside (for Ireland) now and lots of stuff blowing around and branches down.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
September 27th, 2011 11:10 AM, the 4th "Supermoon" of 2011.

See also:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yeah I noticed it too. Super bright. fell asleep in the living room and woke up when a light was shining through the window. It was so bright I couldnt go back to sleep. I thought someone was on my porch with a flashlight it was so bright. Casting shadows all through my house. Well I got up and, I kid you not, it was the moon. Brighter than any moon I've ever seen.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Lol what a coincidence. I walked out of my house this morning at 6:50am (I live in East Central Texas) and the moon was still out to the west, very high in the sky, and extremely bright. First thing I said to my daughter was, "oh wow, the moon is still up and very bright. Weird because the sun is on the horizon behind the house." So I drove down our road to take her to the bus stop and it was like living in the twilight zone. Moon is on my left and the sun is on the horizon on my right. I even took a picture of it with my cell phone and sent it to my hubby because of the oddness of it all. Definitely first time I have seen that.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Here in Sydney the moon is full, last night it was orange, tonight it's white. It's not unusually brighter than it always has been at full moon.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

I haven't noticed it get any brighter lately.... However I feel like the moon has been full or at least very very close to full ( I can't tell the difference) for what seems like a lonnnnnnng time. I had been wondering if it was full for a while, and after a week I started to wonder why it hadn't started to shrink again. I didn't say anything to anyone until my fiance, asked me " Is it a full moon now ? Or was it a full moon the other day ? It Seems like it's been full for a while now. ha ha " I got a little excited that she had noticed, and startled babbling on and on about what I had noticed. Anyways, I know it's not about how bright you thought the moon was, but this is what I noticed. I'm sure it was just the very last few stages of coming to a full moon and I just haven't noticed it start to shrink again, but it sure did seem weird.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I noticed this last night as well. I know it's usually very bright this time of year, I live in an area with no light pollution and your shadow really stands out in the twilight.

That's not what struck me this year though. It was the colour of the moon that has me wondering. Usually it has somewhat of a gray tone to it right? Now it's just about pure white. The parts of the surface that are normally darker and stand out are now washed over by how bright the white parts are.

It's probably because of the time of year and the active solar weather. Last time we had a "super moon" people were worried about earthquakes right?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah, noticed it too last night, today it's pouring down so can't see anything at all.
Hopefully it get clearer by tomorrow, sort of relaxing feeling when looking at the stars and moon

But I doubt I will see it tomorrow night since the reamians of Katia is comin here tomorrow morning =P

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/330d0b106e73.jpg[/atsimg]

I took that this morning (Monday where I am still). I woke up at 7am and walked out on my balcony and the moon was so pretty. It was a bright orange red and huge in the sky! I wish my picture came out better because it looked so much better.

I will try again tonight with my other camera

I will definitely take the telescope out tonight!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
September 27th, 2011 11:10 AM, the 4th "Supermoon" of 2011.

See also:
en.wikipedia.org...

The full Moon is tonight. It is not a "supermoon".

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Both the sun and moon have seemed especially bright to me lately. However, I am utterly mental, and I've been stressed out lately, so I've been chalking it up to that -- that I'm just having sensory integration issues rather than that they are actually brighter. Will be watching this thread for others' reports.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing last night. I'm not saying there's anything out of place about it, but I did think to myself that is was a lot brighter than I've seen in awhile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join