Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

OK, We Know Who You Don't Like for POTUS. Is There Someone You DO?

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
"Ron Paul is unelectable!"
"Barack Obama is an elitist warmonger!"
"Rick "The Hair" Perry is working for TPTB!"
"Michelle Bachmann is just a religious nutbar!"

Every day, several times a day, comes post after post of something resembling the above. Yet those same posters never seem to offer us a different candidate! It's always "not them! I'll never vote for them!", but it's never "instead I support _______!"

Practically megajoules of energy are expended putting down this or that candidate, without word one on who they think would be a good, or at least adequate, alternative. Of course, there are the complete fringe who's stock answer is "it doesn't matter, they're all part of the [Illuminati/Bilderberg/Skull and Bones/Mickey Mouse Fan Club]. I don't know what to think about those people, but...more power to you, I guess!

So, ATS, seriously, tell us something about your candidate, if you even have one. We know about those people above already. Just tell who, in your opinion, gives a crap about the U.S. and who, again in your opinion, can really help America be prosperous.

It'd be really refreshing to see specifics from people for once. "I really like Ralph Nader's stance on the environment, which is ______" is specific. "Buddy Roemer wants to cut spending with a plan to _____, and that's why I'm keeping an eye on him!" is specific. "Rick Santorum is not a viable candidate'!!!"...not so much.


Show us what you have. Even the Ron Paul-ites like me can consider alternatives!


/TOA




posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 


Since when is Ron unelectable?

And Obama a warmonger?



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My candidate would work together with like-minded candidates to legally dismantle the constitution (by vote, not by violence) and replace the three branches of government with a Theonomic Council given authority to implement biblical law (perhaps organized similar to the Judges in the Book of Judges).

Most of you won't agree with me lol.

But some of you will agree with me that the entire system top to bottom needs to be utterly scrapped (again, peacfully, through de-ratification of every ammenedment) and replaced with something more effective. Democracy...elections....Congres...the time of these things has passed. Search within, you will see I am correct.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I gotta vote for Cthulhu.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl
 


I'll be damned if I ever give up my right to free speech, assembly, press, etc. You are out of your mind if you want to give up the Bill of Rights. Hell...if we got rid of the Amendments, YOU wouldn't even get to vote due to the fact that you are a woman!!

I'm not saying that the current form of gov't is perfect. I also agree that we need something else, but I'd rather we actually reclaim our Constitution and get back to a real democracy, versus this corporate backed faux republic that we live in.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by The Old American
 


Since when is Ron unelectable?

And Obama a warmonger?


OK...you're here -------------------------------------------------------------------->



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
My candidate would work together with like-minded candidates to legally dismantle the constitution (by vote, not by violence) and replace the three branches of government with a Theonomic Council given authority to implement biblical law (perhaps organized similar to the Judges in the Book of Judges).

Most of you won't agree with me lol.

But some of you will agree with me that the entire system top to bottom needs to be utterly scrapped (again, peacfully, through de-ratification of every ammenedment) and replaced with something more effective. Democracy...elections....Congres...the time of these things has passed. Search within, you will see I am correct.


I don't often have to look up words, but you had me with Theonomic
. Those are some interesting views you have. Is there a candidate you have in mind that can do any of that?

/TOA



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
OK Ill bite. I really like Ron Paul's stance on foreign policy and find the man to be a higher caliber of politician than most.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk
 


I knew I wouldn't get much agreement here and I'm not expecting any. Nor am I out to convert you to my views.

The topic asked a question, I answered it.
As much as I love ATS I am not deluded enough to think that my brand of theocracy would be popular on a board that must be 90% libertarian.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
I gotta vote for Cthulhu.


Heh.."The Truth Shall Make you Flee", huh?


Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by Partygirl
 


I'll be damned if I ever give up my right to free speech, assembly, press, etc. You are out of your mind if you want to give up the Bill of Rights. Hell...if we got rid of the Amendments, YOU wouldn't even get to vote due to the fact that you are a woman!!

I'm not saying that the current form of gov't is perfect. I also agree that we need something else, but I'd rather we actually reclaim our Constitution and get back to a real democracy, versus this corporate backed faux republic that we live in.


Anyone in mind that wouldn't turn us into gibbering, gelatinous masses of quivering goo?

/TOA



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
My candidate would work together with like-minded candidates to legally dismantle the constitution (by vote, not by violence) and replace the three branches of government with a Theonomic Council given authority to implement biblical law (perhaps organized similar to the Judges in the Book of Judges).

Most of you won't agree with me lol.

But some of you will agree with me that the entire system top to bottom needs to be utterly scrapped (again, peacfully, through de-ratification of every ammenedment) and replaced with something more effective. Democracy...elections....Congres...the time of these things has passed. Search within, you will see I am correct.


I would not stand for such a thing. Learn your history. End of discussion.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 


Here's the deal. I have no faith in our gov't at all. From what I've gathered from watching the Presidential elections since I was old enough to follow and understand...it doesn't really matter what party is elected. All of the candidates travel around the country telling their followers what they want to hear. They promise change, a better America, a better quality of life, etc. Then once in office, they end up doing whatever they or whoever paid them off, want them to do. They never make good on their promises, our quality of life ebbs away a little more, and we all lose more freedoms.

So I don't think any candidate will make the US a better place and we won't be able to actually get the change that we all so badly want, unless the common man draws a line in the sand and says "no more!!". Only then will we be able to change what is wrong with the country and try to get back on the correct path.

But I'd vote for Palin cuz she's purdy.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'll give you a direct answer, since no one else apparently will, even in the spirit of your question! I've been following Dennis Kucinich lately. I disagree with some of his voting record, like for Obamacare, he's very much against the Patriot Act and all of our wars going on right now. He's a bit more left than I'm comfortable with, but his stances that are considered more the right are really good.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I would not stand for such a thing. Learn your history. End of discussion.


No.

No more learning history.

Soon it will be time to make some.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I would not stand for such a thing. Learn your history. End of discussion.


No.

No more learning history.

Soon it will be time to make some.



Your philosophy would lose.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar
 


Possibly.

Never stopped good people from trying before, though.

And such a philosophy would win where it counts...in Heaven. Even if it came to little fruition on this imperfect earth.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
reply to post by TsukiLunar
 


Possibly.

Never stopped good people from trying before, though.

And such a philosophy would win where it counts...in Heaven. Even if it came to little fruition on this imperfect earth.


Whatever gets you through the day. As long as such a movement is crushed- I have no problem with what kind of fantasies you indulge in.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 



none of the above,

you really want to know who i want to vote for?

ron paul and ralph nader, just kidding!!


would have been viable in 1973! lol! ya, right.


put me down for palin, no pun intended.



eta; ya, whatever happened to answering a direct question?

edit on 12-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Some people hate because that is all they know how to do.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 


I have one simple criteria that has (so far) weeded out nearly everybody from my consideration as a candidate:

If a candidate does not explicitly promise an immediate withdrawal of all US troops from foreign land and the swift shut-down of all US military bases on foreign soil, that candidate will not be considered for being my president.

So far, only Ron Paul has promised that. We will see what the DNC has to offer but I doubt any will compete with his common sense approach to government. We need to go either all the way capitalist or all the way socialist. This worst-of-both-words hybrid we have now is failing. So I suppose if the DNC offered up a pacifist Marxist who promised all the same things Dr. Paul does, then I'll be torn between the two.





new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join