It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Closer Look at Multiculturalism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by allintoaccount

What do you mean the culture of the past does not bode well for the future?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Which countries did we invade?

Iraq and Afghanistan would be good starters

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

I dont know about that. Brazil is one of the most diverse societies on Earth....I dont think they are involved in a lot of wars.

How many mosques are there in braziL?and what is their immigration policy? isn't brazil a catholic country predominately? and there's always the exception to the rule. However the inequalities in brazil can be compared to a civil war, so much for diversity then?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

What do you mean the culture of the past does not bode well for the future?

War, wars and more wars.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

So first you say Brazil doesn't have a lot of diversity...and then you list the social issues and say "so much for diversity, huh?".

Yeah, makes perfect sense

FYI, the issues in Brazil aren't caused by racial tension, they're caused because of social issues (inequality in income, etc.). The same goes for a lot of Middle Eastern countries that are now seeing a revolution. Compare how the ruling class lived in Lybia compared to the average Joe. One reason those revolutions kicked off is because thanks to the Internet/TV, people there now see what kind of freedoms and equality (at least to some extent) we have in the West, and they want in.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Which countries did we invade?

Iraq and Afghanistan would be good starters

Yes after we became politically correct and multiculturistic, proves my point doesn't it..

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Regarding the whole "multiculturalism is bad" nonsense, just look at some of the countries with the highest immigration rights like Switzerland. Yes, the country who's been rated as the "economically most competitive" in the world also has one of the highest immigration rates.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by allintoaccount

So first you say Brazil doesn't have a lot of diversity...and then you list the social issues and say "so much for diversity, huh?".

Yeah, makes perfect sense

FYI, the issues in Brazil aren't caused by racial tension, they're caused because of social issues (inequality in income, etc.). The same goes for a lot of Middle Eastern countries that are now seeing a revolution. Compare how the ruling class lived in Lybia compared to the average Joe. One reason those revolutions kicked off is because thanks to the Internet/TV, people there now see what kind of freedoms and equality (at least to some extent) we have in the West, and they want in.

Where did I state brazil was not diverse? Jeeze , another one, a deceiver. And normal libyans were looked after by gadafi a lot better then most african peoples.
Freedom in the west? I can't even smoke in a pub! I can't protest without permission and then I will be kettled. Freedom my backside.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Regarding the whole "multiculturalism is bad" nonsense, just look at some of the countries with the highest immigration rights like Switzerland. Yes, the country who's been rated as the "economically most competitive" in the world also has one of the highest immigration rates.
is this the country which has banned anymore mosques being built? You tell us anything lol

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

is this the country which has banned anymore mosques being built? You tell us anything lol

In case you care why this got through...

Almost no one went to vote on it because they considered it a ridiculous proposal. Sadly, that bit them in the ass because the only people voting on it were anti-Islamist groups like the feminist organisation. Sometimes democracy backfires if people are too lazy to vote

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

In case you care why this got through...

Almost no one went to vote on it because they considered it a ridiculous proposal. Sadly, that bit them in the ass because the only people voting on it were anti-Islamist groups like the feminist organisation. Sometimes democracy backfires if people are too lazy to vote

That old chestnut, lol , how did it get to be voted on in the first place? Some rogue m.p put the idea forward ?
That old chestnut, lol , how did it get to be voted on in the first place? Some rogue m.p put the idea forward ?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

How does inequality equal civil war? What type of inequality are you referring to? Immigration is what made Brazil what it is today. Its rich in culture and tradition. As for mosques I dont think thats relevant.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

So are you saying the culture of Europe is war?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

How does inequality equal civil war? What type of inequality are you referring to? Immigration is what made Brazil what it is today. Its rich in culture and tradition. As for mosques I dont think thats relevant.

So the raid on the flavellas isn't a civil war?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

So are you saying the culture of Europe is war?

I'm saying war is a part of european culture and has been for thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

can anybody comment on the fact that Mohammed is the most popular name for newborn boys in the u.k? And the fact that white british have on average 1.6 children per family and muslim families have considerably more. What will happen when the baby boomers die? In 50years time I predict the sharia law party will win power or may be an islamic national party will gain power and evict the indigenous . Does anybody care?
still waiting for some comments on this post, bit close to the bone I think.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Thankfully, there hasn't been any notable instance of a culture which has chosen not to participate in any Western society.

The only reason why multiculturalism has failings is entirely due to a small number of intolerants, of all cultures.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Err...which planet do you live on? Ever heard of islam?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Correlation =/= causation.

And you really cant compare past immigration with current mass immigration of fundamentalist and isolationist muslims from north africa and the middle east.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
And you really cant compare past immigration with current mass immigration of fundamentalist and isolationist muslims from north africa and the middle east.

There's nothing wrong with someone holding a religious fundamentalist viewpoint, just so long as their actions do not transgress the laws of their society.

Anyone who flouts the reasonable laws of their nation display a complete lack of respect for their society and others, whether they are Muslims or non-Muslims.

I've never understood this idea that Muslims should somehow be held to a higher standard than others.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122
Err...which planet do you live on? Ever heard of islam?

Yes, I've heard of it, and roughly 4% of my compatriots practice this religion.

Sorry, was there a point to your post ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join