It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Things That Have Been Happening At My Home......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I don't have any Video yet because I don't have a Video Camera my girlfriends sons broke my last one. But I'm going to set my web cam/laptop up out there in my living room tonight in hopes I'll see what's happening. So for the last few months My girlfriend and I have been having weird things happen in the late evenings and it's been scaring the hell outta her because she thought in the beginning we were having burglars. We live in a very very Ghetto City and it happens here a lot so I'm not counting out Burglars but what happened last night and today during the day is changing my opinion.

So here's a quick run down of things that have happened last few months (I've only lived with her for 3months) 1 night we are alone the kids were at their grandparents and we hear a loud bang come from the living room area..we run in there and all the chairs even the Recliner are tipped forward basically upside down and all pictures are hanging crooked...We wrote this off as maybe a Earthquake or something.

Another Late Night my Girlfriend and I are watching Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy and we hear the front door open (Everything is Alarmed) and we jump out of bed to find the front door open and the sliding glass door open but they were both CLOSED & LOCKED By Me Earlier..Like I said it's a bad neighborhood here so we are always concerned about our house being locked up and we can't arm our alarm without everything being closed up. So my girlfriend freaks out because somebody had to be in our house for these doors to be opened like they were but here's what was the weirdest thing about that night. We have super sensitive Motion Detection Lights at all our doors that stay on for about 5mins when they get tripped but none of them were on so nobody could have came up to or through our house.

Last night we were asleep and about 4:37am we hear glass breaking in our house so we jump outta bed and run into the kitchen/Living room area only to find a broken glass on the floor with the overhead light on..We don't leave lights on here for money reasons and her kids were sound asleep in their bedroom so that gave me the creeps but we just told ourselves it was our cat. (Which we couldn't find until today)

What happened today is why I am typing this thread and going to record the kitchen area tonight....Today I was right next to the front door talking to my girlfriends twin sons when the screen of the front door started banging open and closed quickly..This is a Heavy Security Screen and it latches every time it closes unless you are twisting the handle so I reach over and open it expecting to see 1 of the neighborhood kids holding the screen open.. As Soon as I open the door the screen swings shut and there is nobody there, absolutely nobody. There is no way you can ding dong ditch our house especially in like 1 second. I was Standing within arms reach of the door and opened it super fast there is Noooooo Way a person was there...OK I'm putting my Laptop out there for the night so I wont be able to respond but I'll check back in on this thread tomorrow and hopefully have somethin to show every1.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Good luck catching something! I hope it comes out good, I have no idea what it could be, let's hope your neighbors aren't having parties in your living room at night

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Sounds like you may have poltergeist.

I'll let some of the experts on here suggest what you could do.

Has anyone died in the house or have you had similar problems at past locations you've lived at?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
definitely sounds like a haunting. I agree with the poltergeist as well due to the prankish nature of the activity. I just hope it isn't something more malevolent.

good luck and please post if you get anything on video!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Good luck and post the video here so we can see it please. I like watching Ghost hunters and other shows. I did watch Most haunted for a while but couldnt stand them screaming all the time.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubber-Ducky

I don't want to make light of your situation, so bear with me. Rather than jump to poltergeist conclusions off the bat, be sure to rule out all human causes. When I first went online, I was fascinated by someone who wired and programmed his house to do weird things. He wired a newlyweds friend's bed in such a way that when weight was applied to the center of the mattress, the doorbell rang. That could explain all of the things except for the outer door opening and closing, if you're positive no one could have been there.

I've also experienced the broken glass and the guilty cat hiding lots of times, because animals sometimes do know when they are doing wrong. Besides their lack of surefootedness puts their very catdom in question when they goof up and some cats know it.

The question I would ask you though is this: Who all have keys to your home, and are all those keys accounted for?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OK so I'm going to address as many replies in this 1 post so bare with me here...

I recorded from around midnight until 730 this morning and just finished watching the video in fast forward on VLC media player.. There wasn't anything unusual except our motion detector in the backyard stayed on almost all night but I'd just account that to Opossums or something. I am absolutely 100% sure there is no way anybody was at my door when the Screen was banging..It even has a self closing spring so for it to be closing as I opened the door it would mean somebody had to have be there to open it.

My Girlfriend has lived off and on in this house her whole life,We're both 30 yrs old and renting House from her Family. She told me that she used to have problems while being alone in the house as a kid but she just considered it to be irrational kid fears most of the time. Her Grandfather Recently passed away in her Grandparents house and her Grandmother is on her deathbed but I don't see how that applies to our home. Her Uncle died of Aids in our house a few years before I met her but she said she hasn't had any strange things happen as an Adult until I moved in. Which to me sounds like the plot to a B-Flick ghost movie lol but that's what I'm dealing with here..

I'm going to continue Recording Nightly until I see something unusual because it doesn't cost anything, and it might pay off eventually. At any rate it was funny watching her kids wake up and tear the living room up before we got outta bed. They didn't know I was recording so their faces we're priceless when shown the Video of them wrestling
....I'll post footage as soon as I get something either funny or spooky.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Sounds like you may have poltergeist.

I'll let some of the experts on here suggest what you could do.

Has anyone died in the house or have you had similar problems at past locations you've lived at?

Actually yeah... I rented a Old Old Victorian Home about 8 years ago with some friends and the previous Renter who was a woman with a couple of kids died of a Aneurysm in what became my bedroom. One of the kids was a good friend of mines little brothers "Friend" and when I asked him about weird things happening he told me he never had anything weird happen to him while he lived there.. So I didn't wanna bring up the creepy thought that his mom was haunting our house at the time but that house had weird weird noises, doors that would slam shut and it would sound as if a 300pound man was playing hopscotch up an down our hallway and basement stairs at night. We all became accustomed to it after the first few months and it wasn't worth trying to record because it would be to easy to fake. I've been a Carpenter for years and the settling of the House was not the pounding we heard but the doors slamming shut coulda easily been the wind being that the house was like a hundred years old.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You guys are totally not black. Remember, paranormal Activity and what happen with those video cameras and the people? You need to get the frack out sell the house and move on. Research that!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
You guys are totally not black. Remember, paranormal Activity and what happen with those video cameras and the people? You need to get the frack out sell the house and move on. Research that!

Yeah I'd love to leave just because the neighborhood is SO BAD, but we have to deal with it until we have more money unfortunately.. If I do start catching creepy stuff on camera at night I am getting the Fu** Outta here A.S.A.P. weather or not I have money..but I'll post anything if/when I record something weird. Hopefully I will get some footage because If I catch some weird stuff moving or whatever, I will know I'm not having intruders and that would help me sleep a little better.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Good luck to you then.

Originally posted by NewsWorthy

Originally posted by odinson

Yeah I'd love to leave just because the neighborhood is SO BAD, but we have to deal with it until we have more money unfortunately.. If I do start catching creepy stuff on camera at night I am getting the Fu** Outta here A.S.A.P. weather or not I have money..but I'll post anything if/when I record something weird. Hopefully I will get some footage because If I catch some weird stuff moving or whatever, I will know I'm not having intruders and that would help me sleep a little better.

Good luck to you then.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
ok, I think I had paranormal activity in my house, I'm almost sure of that.... but although this is big for me, it's nothing like you describe. Honestly, if that stuff happened in my house I'd be so freaked out I'd go to a hotel, lol.

second, for there to be activity in a certain house, it's not always linked to a person who died in the same house. It can be linked to relatives who died elsewhere. Also, I believe this activity is not always meant to scare you, it's in our nature to be scared of these things, but sometimes it's just to get your attention.

Imagine beying a ghost (lets just assume that ghosts exist) and you want to get the attention of someone, how many other ways would you have to do so when a person isn't receptive for a mental link (meaning: seeing,hearing,sensing ghosts)?

I hope you catch something on cam, I really do hope so. But sadly not much obvious activity has been caught on cam .... exactly why most people aren't able to proof anything even though they probably did have an unusual experience.

good luck and keep us posted

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I don't believe in ghosts, christianity says that when you die you go to sleep until the resurrection. This is proof that all hauntings/paranormal activity is demonic.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by GypsK

I don't believe in ghosts, christianity says that when you die you go to sleep until the resurrection. This is proof that all hauntings/paranormal activity is demonic.

I have no faith in christianity or any other paticular religion.... nor do I believe in god or the resurrection.
So your 'proof for demons' holds no ground for me.
edit on 14/9/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Yet you believe in an afterlife since you claim you had "paranormal activity" in your home? It's beyond me how you can believe in ghost's but not God.

That's fine, continue being deceived. If you are not with Jesus you are with the Anti-Christ and i have no fellowship with you. It seem's you have made the grave mistake of condemning Christianity before even researching it because you think all religions are the same... Your not alone, their's a vast amount of people in Hell right now that made the exact same mistake as you.

One last thing, Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53:1 read, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’”.

edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I hold beliefs similar to to those of Revelation here. Most cases of what people call haunting is in fact demonic activity that is made to try to decieve those of us here on earth. I believe it because it is biblical. If others dont that is fine I wont attack your beliefs but ask that you dont attack mine eaither. anyway onto the topic at hand

it seems you truly do have something going on. Good luck on capturing something and if you do please share it with the rest of us. my theory is that it could possibly be a demonic entity that is trying to take on the persona of her dead uncle who died in the house, maybe they want you to believe the uncle didnt like you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

reply to post by GypsK

"christianity says that when you die you go to sleep until the resurrection. "
"their's a vast amount of people in Hell right now that made the exact same mistake as you. "

Really??
You seem a little confused about your religion..

In regards to the OP, I hope you catch something on camera.
edit on 14-9-2011 by TUERD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
ok...
first of all apoligies to the OP because this is not the thread to discuss religion.

reply to post by GypsK

Yet you believe in an afterlife since you claim you had "paranormal activity" in your home? It's beyond me how you can believe in ghost's but not God.

didn't you say in an earlier post that ghosts don't exist because according to christianity we sleep untill resurection??? According to your believe in god, there are no ghosts
According to my not believing... yes, ghosts exist.

Have you ever heard of spirituality?
I am a spiritual person, I believe in ghosts, entities, guides. I had many beautiful experiences both spiritual and paranormal and I have certainty about an afterlife.
If you can't see the difference between religion and spirituality then, man, you really are blind.

That's fine, continue being deceived. If you are not with Jesus you are with the Anti-Christ and i have no fellowship with you. It seem's you have made the grave mistake of condemning Christianity before even researching it because you think all religions are the same... Your not alone, their's a vast amount of people in Hell right now that made the exact same mistake as you.

the Jezus from the bible is NOT god.... Jezus might as well be a historical figure who 'believed' he did the work of god, I'm not denying nor comfirming that.

I do not believe in god as the creator or 'a one and only' god at all, I do not believe in a heaven or hell and I certainly do not agree with any religion at all. I was raised catholic, so I had plenty of research... and was de-baptized earlier this year because i want nothing to do with it. (there there, another reason why I will go to hell)

if you want to discuss this further then do so in a more suitable thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sounds creepy to me, but am hoping that you find some rational explanations for the things you have heard. I get frekaed out by the slightest noise at night, but as you have actually seen movement with your own eyes I guess that makes it all the more strange.

Anyway hopefuly you will get something on camera, as either way spirit or human, something is messing about in your house.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi everybody..I have been keeping true to my word and recording all night the past few nights and so far nothing on Camera. But something just happened in the kitchen that made jump and I'm not the jumpy type. I was just in my kitchen grabbing a Doughnut out of the box which is on the Island in the middle of kitchen. My house is closed up at the moment no windows or doors are open because I live right on the San Pablo Bay and it is cold this morning. Anyways standing there deciding on glazed or twist, when the lid on the steel recyclable can we have in the kitchen popped up and then closed by itself..It's one of those ones where you step on the bottom to open the lid but I had full view of the can when it happened. THERE WAS NOTHING THERE!!! I wasn't recording at that moment because my hard drive is full on my laptop from recording last night. I only have a cheap Dell Laptop at the moment and HD webcam video takes up a lot so I have to clear videos every morning after watching them, to make room for new video.

I wasn't convinced until now that it was something besides my Cat knocking glasses off the counter or a Intruder messing with light's/doors at night/day...I'll keep recording nightly in hopes something comes up on Camera.. I am being 100% truthful with no embellishments. I wouldn't post these things here with the possibility of ruining my posting credibility, unless it was happening to me for reals... I'm not scared of whatever it is, but it is creepy as hell and I hope I'll have some footage worth posting soon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join