It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Background

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the new background on ATS? It looks really cool, but is there a message behind it?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Did anyone notice the new background on ATS? It looks really cool, but is there a message behind it?

I understood yesterdays. My idea is this might be the barbed wire surrounding guantanamo bay?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

To tell you the truth, I really don't know what to think. I thought that after today,(9.11) and all the memorials we have had, ATS would be kinda taking a break. But instead, I think we have something to ponder on. Rignt now my mind is thinking, " Why the barb wire? ! Anybody else curious??

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by amongus

To tell you the truth, I really don't know what to think. I thought that after today,(9.11) and all the memorials we have had, ATS would be kinda taking a break. But instead, I think we have something to ponder on. Rignt now my mind is thinking, " Why the barb wire? ! Anybody else curious??

I don't see any barbed wire. Where is it?
However, I did notice the upper receiver on the A4, as well as the Bull Pup chassis supporting the helmet.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Then maybe you and I are looking at a different background. Could you please explain what you are seeing?
edit on 12-9-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

i see some barbed wire on the upper right, next to (presumably) osama bin laden's head (?). then some guns and wtc "potato chip" on the left. wtf bin laden?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I zoomed the page down to 50% so I could see more of the background and on the left at top are rifles with helmets resting on top and on the right is an image of Osama. Which to me indicates the fact that as soon as 9-11 happened they were ready for War. Perhaps even before 9-11, if you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
ok, Is there a possiblity that you guys have no advertising covering alot of your site?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think it is a homage to SEAL TEAM SIX for

killing that bastard..

A bit creepy.
edit on 12-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That is not even close to what I'm seeing. I'm sorry I can't do what you do as far a pictures. But I'm telling you my background is dark and has barbed wire.
I'm starting to think this is a joke!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There is also the ruins of the towers at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I see barbed wire around the creepy man's head, I mean not on his head or anything but behind him and on the side of him, and the guns on the side holding up the helmets, and the tower debris at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
O.K. Im the dumb ass. I'd would appreciate if someone would point me to the button that will let me look at the whole picture.??

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I use Google Chrome, at the top right is a little tool symbol, and on that menu is a zoom option, I just zoomed the page down to 50%. I don't know how to tell you how to do it with other browsers.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thank you for your reply. I will look into that.

Hey listen guys, I don;t plan on staying up all nite. I started this because I noticed that no one else was posting on it, and it seemed kinda cool to me. Do you guys pays "Dues"?
edit on 12-9-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think it is symbolizing everyone who had died through this
mess..
You got the world trade center rubble.
You got the hats on the guns for maybe fallen soldiers.
You got a afghani looking dude looking all like get off my farm land
or could be iraqi people and afghani that have died because of one man
with crazy ideology starting all this crap.
All the loss of life and war. All the fallen from 9/11 in one background.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I agree with you. I think that is what it is meant to portray, but I still feel that for an American website to show an alter to dead US soldiers on the left, and a HUGE picture of a living Afghani on the right is disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by popsmayhem

I think that is what it is meant to portray, but I still feel that for an American website to show an alter to dead US soldiers on the left, and a HUGE picture of a living Afghani on the right is disrespectful.

I'm with ya dom, I do not really like looking at the guys face either there is a certain creeeeeeep factor about it..

All we can do is voice our opinion.
edit on 12-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to this thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

join