It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how many sheeple exist in your daily life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
My best friend referred to me recently as "one of those conspiracy theorists.". He implied that I was loony for deviating from the commonly held belief that 9/11 was perpetrated by terrorists. I didn't bother getting into the nitty gritty info with him since I've known him for ten years and can predict exactly how he would respond anyway. There were also a bunch of other people at this house at the time and I didn't want to play the part of raving lunatic so I just let it go. May their ignorance of damning evidence be blissful.

Now don't get me wrong, my friends are good people and would be there in a pinch if I needed help with anything. They definitely hold mainstream mindsets though (hopefully I don't sound too pretentious here, I just believe there are some pieces of evidence which cannot be denied). Anyway, in that moment I felt pretty alone in the world and I searched my mind for people I knew would back me up if they happened to be present that day. Sadly I could only think of two, they being my mother and girlfriend.

So how about you ATS members, are you lucky enough to be surrounded by like minded individuals? Or do you spend your days silently contemplating the world, looking inward instead of sharing your beliefs with others?

Has anyone else noticed something quite common about the sheeple when they hear our words. They laugh!!! yes they laugh, and become very insulting, You know how I shut them up! I always say to them, Ok, it's very funny, What exactly is funny, about what I have said, give us the details, so we can all have a laugh, whats wrong with what I have said. I ask them to justify logically how it’s all so wrong and funny. THEN watch them go quiet, and enjoy watching them squirm. Keep a cool head and just keep pressing them, come give details, give evidence and facts... Most, just walk away!!! I Finnish by saying yes that was very funny, I can see your the joke now...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Why not just say what you feel? I guarantee that most people only cling to "sheeple" thought because there aren't enough people saying what they really think.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

I think..the term "sheeple' was created by the elite of the NWO to describe anyone who wasn't in "their family" or indoctrinated into their goals , and were used by them in manipulation..even many high official government people are considered sheeple to them. Anyone they can use to further their agendas...or be slave labour.

being awakened to the manipulations..doesn't not make you any less of a sheeple..than the person who is unaware.

edit on 12-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
reply to post by schuyler

There are a lot of people who are dismissive just because and it drives me nuts.

That's my wife, will not even entertain the thought of anything that would rock her belief system, she does not want to be exposed to the possibility that everything is not always as it seems.

My 9 year old son on the other hand is totally open to alternative ideas, as you would expect any child to be. And no, I don't attempt to influence his perception. On the contrary, I make every effort to ensure that he is exposed to all possibilities and let him make up his own mind about the world around him. The questions he comes up with are simply amazing, things even I have not fully contemplated.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

I don't have any "sheeple" friends because I don't identify my friends by any means other than the knowledge that I enjoy their company. Further, I would never label someone that thinks differently than me in that way. I'm not much of a conspiracy person, but I have my beliefs to an extent on many things. Doesn't make me right about them. Doesn't make my friends wrong about their views. In fact, I've never asked a single one of them their thoughts on any conspiracy related topic because I simply don't care what they think about any of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I know, I was referring to only to those who choose to completely ignore different possibilities. As Partygirl stated, we here at ATS have a common thirst for understanding, well at least some of us do...
edit on 12-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I only refer to people as "sheeple' when they have the trait of unrelenting ignorance or a dismissive attitude which cannot be swayed even by a logical and factually based argument. My mission is not to change minds or influence opinions but to start conversation with those around me. I am here to learn and all I hope for are friends who I can at least bring up alternative possibilities to and have a conversation. In this particular case I would have been unable to do so because the majority of the people in my life are set in their ways.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Ouch, hard to live with in a situation like that, I know because my sister is also closed off alternative ideas. At least your son is open minded though, kids are awesome and often not given enough credit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join