It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how many sheeple exist in your daily life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
My best friend referred to me recently as "one of those conspiracy theorists.". He implied that I was loony for deviating from the commonly held belief that 9/11 was perpetrated by terrorists. I didn't bother getting into the nitty gritty info with him since I've known him for ten years and can predict exactly how he would respond anyway. There were also a bunch of other people at this house at the time and I didn't want to play the part of raving lunatic so I just let it go. May their ignorance of damning evidence be blissful.

Now don't get me wrong, my friends are good people and would be there in a pinch if I needed help with anything. They definitely hold mainstream mindsets though (hopefully I don't sound too pretentious here, I just believe there are some pieces of evidence which cannot be denied). Anyway, in that moment I felt pretty alone in the world and I searched my mind for people I knew would back me up if they happened to be present that day. Sadly I could only think of two, they being my mother and girlfriend.

So how about you ATS members, are you lucky enough to be surrounded by like minded individuals? Or do you spend your days silently contemplating the world, looking inward instead of sharing your beliefs with others?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oh yes and I almost forgot my coworkers. I work in a psychiatric facility so you could guess how well any alternative ideas go over around those parts.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Depends what beliefs you mean.

My dad, uncles, and brother are all ex-military, Christian survivalists -- so the kind of stuff we talk about around the dinnertable would fit right in here for the most part. So I guess if TSHTF I would be better placed than most to survive and to know "what time it is."

But I also work in a clothing store in a mall. It's like having a front-row sheeps-eye-vew of things.

Sometimes the contrast is a bit much for me.

Partygirl,

Accomplished double agent of normalcy and tinfolil-ery

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

It's not as bad for me now as it was back in 2005-2009, and thankfully my girlfriend is on board with me on about 95% of these "conspiracies", and she was a hardened Obama supporter for a long time, then I showed her Endgame on Youtube, then Loose Change.

Some people are naturally open minded, some are stubborn and close minded, and I think it has a lot to do with their insecurities, with their knowledge of such things, and with themselves over all. Culture has pretty much told people that they are all stupid animals, and people in white coats and suits are more intelligent than they are.

Find someone who has lived life, been through hard times, has tough skin from a tough life, and watch how fast they say, "Oh Hell yeah I believe the government is capable of doing whatever the Hell they want, and I'm sure they get away with it because they don't police themselves."

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Double agent eh? Yeah I'd say I also look the part when I put on my sheep skin coat and go to work.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Glad to hear it can actually get better after a while, four years is a long time my friend.

My girlfriend was pretty broken for a while after I showed her the endgame stuff. I actually felt terrible because of the way she reacted, she was really depressed. She got over it eventually though and started doing research of her own. Now we climb aboard the tin-foil hat express together when we get the chance.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have been called a conspiracy theorist in a derogatory manner by a friend of mine for 10 years. However, he does not really subscribe to mainstream ideas because he does not subscribe to any idea. He is completely clueless about the world and does not care to know, or hear about it. His wife is the same way. For them, ignorance truly is bliss as long as they can remain wasteful within their comfortable home with styrofoam dinner plates, plastic cups, poisonous food, T.V., video games, and spoiled chihuahuas.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I sort of envy my sheeple friends,and others who just refuse to see the conspiracies...they seem so happy and carefree...

Ok..not totally .they have issues like everyone

I have to say..being enlightened to truth isn't all that much fun... it can be down right depressing...mind blowing..and even psychologically traumatic..

What makes it even worse..is that you can see the dark side more clearly than before...and you really have no power to change it..

If you do have proof, and some inside info to expose..you're life can even be in danger...or you can become the target of malicious little plots that turn your life further upside down.

In the end..knowing..doesn't change the fact that I'm still a "sheeple" like them.. we all are, unless we are are directly connected to TPTB...and many who think they are..are just pawns and puppets for them as well....

So..to answer your question... no..I don't feel sorry for the ones who are not yet awakened to the manipulations and control of the darker side of this world....as long as they are "happy" sheeple....it beats being a "sad,and grieving for this world" sheeple.

link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
...My dad, uncles, and brother are all ex-military, Christian survivalists -- so the kind of stuff we talk about around the dinnertable would fit right in here for the most part. ...

I'm guessing that picking you up at your place for a first date might be one of the more intimidating tasks a modern-day suitor might face.

But I do understand what you mean about living a kind of dual life. The best thing is when you realize almost everyone else has a dual life of sorts. Perhaps not as interesting a contrast as yours, but intertesting enough to be...interesting.

link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

I can relate to the poisonous food aspect, my friend thinks it's funny to eat all of the stuff I advise him not to eat. I try not to be "that guy" but when I see people I care about destroying their health this way I feel the need to at least say something.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

Yeah I hear you. My girlfriend was on a few meds that were only making her worse, she wouldn't listen to me or anyone. I showed her Endgame and she quit her meds that night and has lost lots of weight and has cleared out her system of all the toxic crap.
I have noticed that the fatter people I know tend to lose a lot of weight after watching Endgame and the Monsanto videos.

I don't have a Facebook account, so regardless of my "conspiracy theories", my friends consider me dead for the most part. I went from 100+ numbers in my phone to around 10 after my so called "awakening".

It's not a bad thing to be around friends that are more like minded vs friends you made in High school because you had a locker near them or sat next to them in a few classes.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I wish I could find some like minded people around my town but unfortunately they seem to have vacated the area.

I'm glad your girlfriend got off of her meds and found peace of mind. My job revolves around giving people medication and it makes me sick having to do it most of the time. The weight gain you spoke about is ridiculous with some of these drugs. Along with the enthusiasm which our resident psychiatrists prescribe, that is equally disturbing.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I would hazard a guess that most people posting on ATS fit the defintion of " sheeple" because they will believe just abount any conspiracy theory you throw at them and believe, in their heart of hearts, that they have superior knowledge over everyone else on any conspiracy theory they buy into. They think they are discernable when, in fact, they are credulous.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
Oh yes and I almost forgot my coworkers. I work in a psychiatric facility so you could guess how well any alternative ideas go over around those parts.
I imagine that people who are conversant in the sciences of psychology could have a similar sense of disassociation with the general populace as conspiracy theorists do . Watching people day by day going about their lives with no clue about the psychological motivations which propel them.
But to your main point.

I used to think there were none. No one who understood things to the depth that I did. But I kept on with my every day life. As time past, I began noticing that old friends were coming to personal realizations. As they did so, they would apprise me of what they had come to know. In their realizations I could recognize the seeds that had germinated within them. Seeds which had been gleaned just by non invasive conversations we had held in the past. Sometimes years in the past.

The thing about waking up, I think, is that it must be an individual experience. That is each person must hold the realizations, the understanding as their own. Have patience. Wait for them. They WILL eventually ask questions. Of themselves and of you.

And can you do me a favor please? Give up on the demeaning term "sheeple".

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
all this wool is makin' me sick.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I agree with you, I used the term sheeple with no intended feelings of superiority toward my fellow man. I guess I was just attempting to describe the people who will literally disregard any piece of evidence you throw at them just because it is alternative to their beliefs. There are a lot of people who are dismissive just because and it drives me nuts.

I hold a lot of strange ideas but I am always trying to refine the logic behind my belief systems. I am not entirely set in my ways.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

There is one saving grace to even the most deluded ATSer: ATSers are creative thinkers. Even the most crazy ludicrous ridiculous over-the-top Skunkworks thread represents somebody trying to figure things out for themselves rather than sitting in front of the TV and just passively taking it all in. To come on ATS you have to create/output something yourself, and you have to interact with others. These two facts alone put ATS "sheeple" head and shoulders above "TV-land sheeple."

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

And can you do me a favor please? Give up on the demeaning term "sheeple".

I had stated that I felt like I should have used another term in the original post. I didn't want to seem pretentious but it seems I have failed in that respect. I was trying to relate the judgmental nature of those in my life but I also realize that me judging them is hypocritical.

Just trying to start conversation but I agree that I could have come up with better wording.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm notorious for wearing my "tin foil hat" , and I am very casual and outspoken about it . I often play devil's advocate with people , and they don't mind me , because I respect their outlook in return.I never get offended , it's just conversation ...however many people have told me how much they have looked things up , or heard things they look into deeper because of me. I'm not tooting my own horn ....but you can't look at people as stupid and "sheeple"...many have such great outlooks on life and very interesting views. You have to work with people ...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Loads....

Although I simply will not discuss a lot of these things with them, it doesn't work and its not my responsibility to force my areas of interest/beliefs on them. I mean I can lead them to the water, but most don't want to drink.

I just smile to myself when I read the papers or hear people discussing current issues without the slightest doubt in my mind that I probably have a better idea of what is going on than they do....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join