It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery channel's "Sons of Guns" causes scare at DFW airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I searched ATS to make sure this topic hasn't already been posted, and nothing came up in the search about it, so I apologize if this has already been posted (isn't that the standard *disclaimer* for new topics here these days? lol)

Anyway, my niece, who works at Dallas Fort Worth airport (DFW) called me to tell me that a stuntman for the Discovery Channel's "Sons of Guns" show parked a Penske truck in front of terminal B at DFW today and went in the airport to pick up a friend, leaving the Penske truck unattended. K9's alerted on the truck and chaos ensued, with bomb squad, TSA, sheriff's, you name it being called in and the terminal being shut down. It ended up not being too much of a big deal, the terminal was shut down for about an hour and forty minutes or so and no flights were grounded. Apparently the penske truck was carrying pyrotechnics, and a couple of weapons. The vehicle was eventually cleared once the authorities figured out that the weapons were being carried with a permit and that all the pyro was part of the show. The stuntman was picking up a friend and they were driving to Vegas together in the truck.

Thought my fellow ATSers would get a kick out of this story.

here's a couple of links to my local news stations about it:

www.nbcdfw.com...

www.wfaa.com...

dfw.cbslocal.com...

posted this in general chit chat since it REALLY isn't a conspiracy, and it was REALLY no big deal. Just an interesting story.

Kind of stupid, though, to bring that truck in to the airport on 9/11 (tenth anniversary no less, with all the supposed "threats") and then leave it parked in front of a terminal unattended. can you say "CLUELESS"?!?!?

ETA: if this topic is more appropriate in a different section on the forum, please feel free to move it, MODS, i really didn't know where to post it.
edit on 11-9-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Apparently they missed the memo. That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard/read in recent days, hahaha. Gave me a little chuckle. Thanks for posting.

S&F

-Mike.
edit on 11-9-2011 by HiMyNameIsMike because: reasons unknown

join