It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this video clearly record explosions seconds before the north tower collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey ATSicans,

This is a video taken from the water off southern Manhattan. About five second before any sign of collapse there are clear sounds of explosions and only a long while later does the collapse begin. Look and see...

It is difficult to dispute the fact that succussive "booms" are recorded going off well before the tower begins to implode. So, agreeing that there were loud booms preceding the tower collapse, the question is, was it supports snapping with explosive force? high explosives? Thermite/thermate? fire?
Oddly, according to this video it appears that the collapse lasted for almost thirty seconds?
from 1:45 to 2:20 of the video, you can still see a large spire collapsing.

Let the (de)bunking begin.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Nice find dude I definitely heard the explosions.

Here's another video that captures the explosion(s):

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Is it possible that the inner floors were imploding, before the outer structure began to fall? I'm not expert on the WTC collapse, but to me, that didn't sound like coordinated explosions.

Could it also have been a delay with the sounds reaching the microphone and the actual fall of the building?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Sorry, are you suggesting that sound travels faster than light? Regardless of the cause, certainly the sound did not reach the mic before the image somehow.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

No, no. What I was trying to say is that on YouTube, once the video was uploaded, the sound came before the video. I suppose I said that wrong before. Not to mention, it was a moot point anyway. It was just a different theory.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Holy S. Not only can you hear the explosions everyone witnessed and stated as fact, but I can't believe I'm seeing a side view and rear view of the second collapse. Great find. I have to watch the whole thing ten times or so and will point out what I can see. Again, nice find and thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There's definitely a visual/sound difference in this video.

At 1:45 is when the first "sounds" of the tower falling/exploding begin, which kind of sounds like another low flying airplane.

At 1:50 is when the top of the tower appears to be collapsing.

Isn't it usually the visual first, then the sound? Not the case here. The sound lasts for 5 seconds before the tower visually starts falling, and it's a steady sound too not several "explosions", it sounds more like the steel buckling and breaking all at once.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
There's definitely a visual/sound difference in this video.

At 1:45 is when the first "sounds" of the tower falling/exploding begin, which kind of sounds like another low flying airplane.

It sounds like about seven to ten successive booms to me

At 1:50 is when the top of the tower appears to be collapsing.

Isn't it usually the visual first, then the sound? Not the case here. The sound lasts for 5 seconds before the tower visually starts falling,

Exactly, hence the thread, explosions recorded BEFORE the collapse

and it's a steady sound too not several "explosions", it sounds more like the steel buckling and breaking all at once.

Maybe you have low quality speakers?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The booms were the floors inside falling down, before everything started moving continuously and created a general cacophany.

Originally posted by dashen
Oddly, according to this video it appears that the collapse lasted for almost thirty seconds?
from 1:45 to 2:20 of the video, you can still see a large spire collapsing.

Why is that odd? That's exactly what the NIST report described. NCSTAR 1-6:

10:28:20 Tower began to collapse – first exterior sign of collapse was at Floor 98. Rotation of at least 8 degrees to the south occurred before the building section began to fall vertically under gravity.

10:28:48 Remaining portion of core collapsed.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The audio seems to be out of sync with this video.
Look at 7:15 to see the guy talking.The lips moving and audio are off.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

When you hear the detonations compared with when you see them depends on the distance of the microphone and camera from the building.
There are definite explosions before there is any sign of movement of the tower - which is of course what eye witnesses reported.
Not seen this video before - Good find.

It is a controlled demolition - compare it (and WTC 7) with this classic known controlled demolition here - In this video you will see that there is a good eight seconds between the first explosion (we hear) and the beginning of the collapse.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-9-2011 by Alpha20mega because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by Alpha20mega because: Incorrect link

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Light travels much faster than sound, so if the sounds were caused by the collapse of the building we would see the building impact, then after a delay the sound would follow.

It's like thunder, you see a lightning strike, then a few seconds later the thunder rumbles.

Also water allows sound to travel farther, so that definitely helped to capture the explosion IMO.

top topics

join