It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunday Evening Fireworks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
With my town's Labor Day festivities being rained out on Monday of last week. Town coucil decided to hold the fireworks until this evening since it was a nice and clear day. They were originally scheduled for 9PM last Monday but that was trashed due to the rain. With today being September 11th, some people here in town thought that it would be inappropriate to set them off tonight. Some would say that it was a way for us to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. Being the photographer that I am, I decided to stay out and get some photos of the display.

Click for larger.

For it being the first time that I have ever photographed a fireworks display. I do not think that I did that bad to be honest. I want to know what you guys think though.
edit on 11-9-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: Had to change links

edit on 11-9-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There are some knuckleheads in my neighborhood setting off leftover fireworks today and I have to tell ya - being 9/11 and all - I find it very inappropriate. To me, fireworks say "celebration", and there is nothing to celebrate today. This day should be one of solemn reflection and tribute to those who gave their lives on this day in history, not celebration. We don't have fireworks on December 7th, and we shouldn't have them on September 11th.

Anyone with me?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Awesome footage!

I just love fireworks! Thanks for posting!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Nice series of photographed
fireworks - however this was
not the day to have them - today
was not a celebration such as
July 4th.

top topics

join