It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does alcohol open the mind to paranormal activity?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am not sure if alcohol opens one's mind to paranormal activity, it problems heightens the drinkers ability to perceive that things are paranomal.

One thing I do know from first hand experience is alcohol will get you drunk!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I no longer notice much difference after drinking even 6 or 7 beers. I do feel cooler usually and my body temperature seems to drop. Last night it seemed very bright outside and I wore my sunglasses during the middle of the night. I got the strange sense last night and tonight that I felt a bit possessed. Tonight I felt myself acting a bit hostile and a few minutes ago I wondered why? I have not been drinking tonight. Maybe if you combine alcohol with a full moon, you get more effects. This morning when I was trying to sleep, I imagined that some invisible nymph was purposely making me feel good. I have even suspected that I have some kind of female spirit or ghost living with me. However I do not believe she cares if I drink or not. Drinking in moderation makes me feel a lot better not just while drinking but also the next day. Now if I were to drink a whole lot, that might cause a hangover so I don't want that.

Now I did encounter a lot of scantily clad females last night and I was drinking too so I'm bound to feel good today if in memory only aren't I? In fact at one moment last night, in hindsite, I wonder if two other females had been drinking. They did some acrobatic moves on me and somehow got me in between both of them at the same time. I think they were feeling very spirited at that moment. Forget that, I doubt they could have got in all those awkward positions if they had been drinking. Maybe I brought female spirits with me and they possessed the girls in the club momentarily. I've never seen them do that with a guy in the middle. They used a stair rail and one girl climbed on top of that and the other girl and they got me up against them. Maybe I do have some invisible spirits traveling with me, I see other people act strange around me from time to time. One time a girl actually seemed momentarily possessed. It was like the music triggered it. After about 10 minutes, she seemed normal again. Unfortunately I can't describe it here because of the T&C. I do enjoy spirited girls.

Another girl did a sort of backward slow motion flip and got right in my lap, just trying to get my attention.
edit on 12/9/11 by orionthehunter because: because I wanted to add Another girl did a sort of backward slow motion flip and got right in my lap, just trying to get my attention. Isn't this comment line silly?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I dont really understand or think that alcohol or drugs will help you communicate with spirits and such, many people who are in a wiccan religion believe it is not good to drink or do drugs if you use witchcraft because it effects your ability in a bad way

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There's probably a reason why alcohol is banned in some religions;

The thing i wonder is when i see people i know get drunk, when they get to that "i cant remember the night before" stage, most of these people act very similar, but if they cant remember, who is in the driving seat?

Maby alcohol does or doesn't open the mind to paranormal activity, but i recon the mind is opened for something paranormal to walk in.
edit on 12-9-2011 by AnotherUnknown1 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I’m very interested in the ritual and cultural links of pagan and Christian faith. The Eucharist ritual is nearly identical to a same rituals performed by the followers of the wine god, Dionysus. (Consumption of the god on 25th of December.) Christ also performs the same miracles which Dionysus and his followers did, turning water to wine. In the early editions ‘The Golden Bough’ by Sir James George Frazer, Frazer speaks about how Christ is another fertility cult. Borrowing traditions from previous cults like that of Osiris and Dionysus. On another note, the Hindu Aghori drink alcohol and literally consume the flesh of the dead, (basically breaking every Hindu taboo in the book.) I’m using these examples of how previous and current cultures have given some reverence towards alcohol consumption. I think that viniculture was an important achievement for mankind as it made consumption of water more tolerable, as drinking water was often polluted. Wine was really the water of life when you put it in that perspective.

To me it seems that the temperance movement is just a result of industrialisation of our culture as factories required workers to be sober to operate machinery. Granted alcohol does do harm to our society, but I feel that there has been an active smear campaign against it for the last 200 years. While on the other side of the coin business has over encouraged people to consume it. Leading to the chaos we suffer from but also the degeneration of the respect we once had for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gargarean

Once as an undergrad in a comparative religion class we were assigned to design a ritual and perform it. Myself and a few other people decided to spin off of a voodoo ritual with rum, cigars, drumming and dancing and chalk images drawn on the floor. One of the young women, the drunkest and dancingest; we feel became possessed by a spirit. Talking in a language we couldn't understand while apparently having some kind of seizure. Scared the hell out of us. She eventually came around with no remembrance of anything happening.

I have had what I consider paranormal experiences while hammered on tequila and cough syrup.

edit on 12-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
When I used to drink all I found that alcohol did was connect my mind walls and my pants would mysteriously disappear.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheElementCentiary
I dont really understand or think that alcohol or drugs will help you communicate with spirits and such, many people who are in a wiccan religion believe it is not good to drink or do drugs if you use witchcraft because it effects your ability in a bad way

Indeed.... I was taught and believe strongly that alcohol and other things do attract spiritual activity if it's active in the general area to begin with, but for all the wrong reasons. When drunk or otherwise unclear in one's thinking, the normal defenses and natural reactions to coming in contact with other entities are weak or non-existent. I personally saw and was involved with some very negative experiences along these lines as a teen and have no reason to doubt the truth in it.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Alcohol comes in two variety. [1] Ethanol which the liver is able to convert into sugar. Continuous exposure to ethanol is going to ruin the liver. Acute over dose can be fatal. [2] Methanol which the liver cannot convert into sugar. Methanol remains in the blood indefinitely and is by accumulation fatal.

Both forms of alcohol if ingested during pregancy will result in Foetal Alcohol Syndrome.

We all know about the morning after "Hang Over". What is this actually. Usually we pretend that it is just dehydration and reach into the fridge for another can of lager to get the day off to another good start. Actually what the alcohol is doing is killing the structure of the brain so that effectively the alcoholic is progressively ever more increasingly becoming dementia. It eventually reaches the point where the dementia becomes DT delerium tremor which is too often passed off as epileptic fits. Real epilepsy is never fatal. By comparisson however, Delerium Tremor is ultimately fatal. Delerium Tremor is also inclusive of hallucinations. Epilepsy medications do nothing to stop Delerium Tremor. Delerium Tremor is the consequence of alcohol induced brain damage.

Unfortunately due to illegal production there is far too much methanol in the beer and spirits now being sold to the public. Wine has always been a source of methanol and that is why wine is unsafe for ingestion. Drink grape juice instead. Beer does not have to be alcoholic. Example ? Coca Cola. Pepsi Cola. Drinks that contain malt extract do not have to contain alcohol.

Any form of brain damage is going to result in the affected individual consciousness experiencing psychic manifestations [hallucinations] that would in a healthy individual normally be blocked out. The consciousness ignors infinitely more that it observes. All the data that is ignored simply continues to exist even though to our consciousness it is all absolutely non-existent. To understand this you will need to read The Holographic Universe.

So in answer to your enquiry about the hallucinogenic effects of alcohol. Yes. The alcoholic do experience hallucinogenic phenomenon as a consequence of the brain damage that alcohol is causing. Alcohol is a depressant and a psychotropic. Alcohol always stimulates violent behavior. Alcohol causes permanent brain damage.

Recommended information website.

My advice to anyone wishing to experience manifestations of the Spirit World is do not go near to alcohol. The best method by which to develop your psychic sensitivity is through ZEN MEDITATION. They who live their life in accordance with Praeceptae Caelenium will naturally become connected spiritually in a very positive and up lifting way. Drugs are not necessary.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the One Absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic [celestial immortal] powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright (c) NGL 2000.

He who trusts in violence [alcohol] to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 13/9/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My chemical question is; Does the body needs to be chemically ballanced to increase paranormal activity?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mprins998

I personally think that when the body is chemically balanced in whatever way it may be, it decreases.

Over the years I've not heard to many people say, "life is going great, I am healthy and in all due respects perfectly happy, and allot of paranormal stuff has started happening."

I'm not saying that is always the case, I'm sure it does happen, but it does "seem" to increase when there is something out of balance, but people do say that things feed on negative energy, and as far as I was aware, alcohol is a depressant.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHistorian
I am not sure if alcohol opens one's mind to paranormal activity, it problems heightens the drinkers ability to perceive that things are paranomal.

One thing I do know from first hand experience is alcohol will get you drunk!

Personally, I've never had any experiences of the paranormal while drunk but the above post does make sense. Maybe to some people, alcohol or other hallucinogens open up that channel. But my "experiences" (which my logical mind has always attributed to dreams) have always happened while sober.

The only times I've experienced anything out of the ordinary have been in that limbo between sleeping and waking, but maybe that's a similar state of mind - maybe you're more perceptive to that realm when the other, less-used parts of your mind are in control.

The mind is a fascinating thing, and maybe the logical side of your brain needs to be relaxed in order to see/receive/be open to the experiences which might not make sense in the light of day.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Marrakesh because: atrocious grammar

edit on 14-9-2011 by Marrakesh because: even atrocious-er grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I cant give a definate answer to this, but i did have an experience christmas day around 2 years ago when i was sat in my room, drunk, and in the corner of my eye i saw my curtain lift up considerably and then just swung back down into place - It was swaying when it got my full attention.
Naturally i decided to stop drinking, i wasn't sure if it had happened or not and im still not sure now!

Though i will say this, i dream alot if i fall asleep drunk. My dreams are usually more intense.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

That's really strange. I have the exact opposite effect. When I drink I never have dreams that I remember, but when not drinking I dream vividly. Of course with me, for the last 20 years you'd be hard pressed to find me not drinking.

I have, up until recently, drank nightly an amount that most people would probably not be able to tolerate or keep down. The reason I drank that way was precisely for the purpose of numbing my senses. I never felt any sort of presence or sense of anything paranormal while drinking. Only when sober or stimulated by some artificial means that I won't get into.

Yeah, for me, I've drank to get away from experiencing some things I used to experience and didn't want to have to face again.

edit on 9/14/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

That's really strange. I have the exact opposite effect. When I drink I never have dreams that I remember, but when not drinking I dream vividly. Of course with me, for the last 20 years you'd be hard pressed to find me not drinking.

I have, up until recently, drank nightly an amount that most people would probably not be able to tolerate or keep down. The reason I drank that way was precisely for the purpose of numbing my senses. I never felt any sort of presence or sense of anything paranormal while drinking. Only when sober or stimulated by some artificial means that I won't get into.

Yeah, for me, I've drank to get away from experiencing some things I used to experience and didn't want to have to face again.

I sympathise with you and if you are someone in recovery then i wish you the best of luck on your journey.
Although ive had one or two other paranormal experiences in the house i live in, i still cant honestly say if i imagined it, im thinking maybe i did, i was pretty smashed.
Though i do find it interesting that drinking has an opposite effect on you. I dont drink very often, maybe my brain uses that to explore my imagination, where as your's uses your sober side?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I don't know, I only know that for me it worked to drown everything out. I was happy and numb.

I still haven't started dreaming really vividly yet, well not like I have in the past. I usually have very disturbing dreams when sober. Usually dreams about demonic possession and horror and hopelessness.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Drink a spirit, see a spirit.

I don't believe in any of that stuff so I will say it is all down to the alcohol in your system.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure whether alcohol opens one's mind to experiencing the paranormal. Some believe that being impaired can make you more susceptible to having spirits "attach" themselves to you, etc. But as a member of a paranormal investigation team, I can tell you that the use of alcohol or drugs while investigating is not a good idea..... for the simple reason that stumbling around in the dark in decrepit buildings is dangerous enough without being intoxicated!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No ghost's just demons.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gargarean

The Eucharist is a catholic ritual, not Christian. We don't have rituals.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join