It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on in Phoenix?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
RR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yet more weird phenomena in Phoenix:

August 15th Sighting

August 22nd Sighting

Can any of you Arizona people tell us what is going on out there?!?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by RR]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Most Phoenicians are too busy talking on the cell phone or beating their wives to be aware of anything in their surroundings. (Except of course their monster white pick-up trucks).

To ask for anything else from this band of Hillbillys is unrealistic. (Sorry I just moved here and am appalled at what I wittness on a daily basis).

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Phoenix appears to be a staging point of some sort IMO.There have been so many anamolous occurances there over the past few years that it has to be considered a hot spot,or flap area.It's definitely an interest of UFO's,be they ET or man-made,because they keep manifesting there over and over.Hopefully they'll take it to the next level and touch town,hehheh.

SMR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So you like it there?

Anyway,very strange indeed.The first looked like maybe a blimp?.........
The second was good,but didnt last to long to see it all............
And thus I come up with this.
I cant wait for the day that I can video tape a UFO,,,,,,,,,,SO I CAN SHOW THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO HOLD A CAMERA WITHOUT SHAKING LIKE YOU HAVE TURRETS SYNDROME!!!!!!
Why is it that all video shot of these things is so shakey all the time.
(sorry for the rant,been bugging me for years)

I think alot of these 'happenings' go away and thus not getting investigated.It's is too bad too.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spud602
Most Phoenicians are too busy talking on the cell phone or beating their wives to be aware of anything in their surroundings. (Except of course their monster white pick-up trucks).

And then there's that whole managing an vaster overseas trading empire and founding colonies throughout the mediteranean basin. Those phoenicians sure are busy these days.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
SMR,
I totally agree with you, I think the biggest problem is zoom. When someone sees something out of the ordinary, they try to zoom in as close as possible making it look shaky.

I think i'd be a bit shaky to begin with when viewing a UFO.

But jeeeese, tripods are a sweet invention, and they dont take long to set up.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spud602

To ask for anything else from this band of Hillbillys is unrealistic. (Sorry I just moved here and am appalled at what I wittness on a daily basis).

Yeah, you're going to make friends. What a pathetic attitude.

On Topic:

Did you guys notice the smaller thing that fell from the bigger thing in the first video (august 15)? It seemed to stay attached...at least it appeared that way.

Odd, huh?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm a frequent visitor to the HBCCUFO site and have kept up with this phenomenon since these videos started to be made. I'd say its simply a matter of awareness on the part of the photographer. The guy is keen enough to know to look in the sky for UFOs. Which is not a common trait amongst any civilian populace. It has been the case over and over that in areas where UFOs have been spotted, they tend to be continually spotted afterwards. Which can be attributed to increased awareness of the subject with people actually taking the initiative to look up and carry imaging devices with them where they travel. Phoenix is no stranger to UFO sightings and I imagine the Phoenix Lights of 1997 turned many people in the area into UFO watchers. It also helps that the area is fairly flat and therefore has great visibility for spotting such anomalies. Other than that, I really don't think there is anything special about the Phoenix area. Once UFO fever starts, it can last indefinitely and lead to many discoveries.

If there is one thing we know about UFOs we know that they do not announce their presence ahead of time. Nor will our governments or media bring any attention to the matter. Its all grass roots initiative and it takes something massive, like the Phoenix Lights incident, to create dutiful sky watchers. If only every city in the U.S. had a Phoenix Lights event happen, we'd have this mystery solved by now.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It doesn't look very aerodynamic...weird though

-Becs

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

To ask for anything else from this band of Hillbillys is unrealistic.

hey F*** YOU man. ive lived in phoenix my whole life and ive seen 6 or 7 ufos.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by fattytheking]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It looks like a large rock being pushed into a different orbit by rockets. IMO

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm rather intrigued by the photos from the Aug.22nd sighting. That's unusual, not the saucer type thing that is ubiquitous. I hope more photos from the Az. area come in. What the heck was that!?

p.s....I'm not up on ALL the lingo...what's an IMO?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The military has MANY diversified (for different missions) flares that look vewry much like the Aug. 22nd shot...

m...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
p.s....I'm not up on ALL the lingo...what's an IMO?

In my opinion..

I'm still waiting for my first sighting.

PNX

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I believe it is just a sign. It is just the name of the city. Please search what the word Phoenix means except from the name of a city in arizona. I am very very sure about this, more sure than you can even imagine.

PNX

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Of course I am not certain whether they have appeared there, I t\hought they would appear somewhere else the sure thing is that they would appear, if they appeared in Phoenix then it is just the name and nothing else. Do not worry.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey RR, I viewed something very similar to your Aug 22 link of photo's. Photo #2 looked very much like what I watched over the Minneapolis area for over an hour. It did not move, and my neighbors told me it was in the same spot since 9:00 am that morning. In a different post, I discribed it as an elongated square, with a grayish V shape in the middle. Which looks like the 2nd photo on the Aug 22 link. Did it stay in the same place for a long time? Did it change color as the sun went down and then disappear? Any info would be helpful for me. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Can anyone give me an idea how far up they were/ altitude? Because at a glance, they look like the emmissions from a flare gun (except there's no tail to it, like maybe a flare dropped from a military craft like they use to deflect heat seekers?)

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i see UFO's here ALL the time.
anymore i see them, at least once a week.
it's kinda comical at this point.
'they' must have figured out how to reverse engineer
the saucer that 'crashed' at roswell in '47

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I lived down there for a little while about 1/2 mile away from the Indian reservation in the south part of town, and I saw flares being dropped on at least two occasions behind the mountains out to the west. I thought they were UFOs at first but after watching them for a while, I came to the conclusion that they were flares.

One thing that I thought was strange was a Naval base I saw about 10-20 miles south of town one day. I drove by it once and wanted to go back later and see what they did there, but I couldn�t remember where it was that I saw it. I�m sure it has a legitimate purpose, but it seemed a little odd to have a naval base in the middle of the desert.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join