It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ats 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i've noticed williams avatar it says
ats 2.0 coming soon
what will be in the new board

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
same stuff as the old board

better infrastructure (faster server)

better forum software (XMB upgrade)

no more bandwidth error pages

more forum features

better chat

surprises

you'll like it

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
how about improvements on the chat?
i understand all the errors were due to low bandwidth... but how about switching from php to something else?

[Edited on 4-5-2003 by echelon]

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We are looking for a good XMB hack, to integrate the chatroom into the message board.

We want to use the board's database for the chatroom, so you need to be registered on the board if you want to chat.

That way, all those weird characters in the chat will be history. We'll simply ban their IP's and delete their account

arc

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
just out of curiousity, why do you use XMB?

I'm used to VBPortal, which has some excellent hacks, including an integrated chat room or shout box which can be placed at the base of the forum

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Over the last three years we have had 3 or 4 different message board systems (including one fatal board upgrade...) XMB is quite a good system (not perfect) and it's best to stick to this one. Changing again would not do any good I think.

I have already taken a look at the so called ats 2.0, it looks awesome. I have visited several XMB message boards to look at their integrated chat rooms, and they work perfectly.

I know that the best thing for big websites like this one is to use PHPnuke, like blackvault.com. But it's not up to me do decide what to use

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
PHPnuke is the most exploited/hacked system for site management out there... primarily due to it's open nature... not the right choice for a site that might end up being a target.

Among the most important values of ATS is the legacy of old threads/topics. It's best to upgrade to a system that retains all this, yet gives us room and features to grow. XMB 1.8 is a solid new version of XMB, yet is modular enough for us to create our own hacks and add-ons.

PHP is free, and over the years has become generally more stable than Cold Fusion for Linux... and easier to code than Perl.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
how about improvements on the chat?
i understand all the errors were due to low bandwidth... but how about switching from php to something else?

[Edited on 4-5-2003 by echelon]

the new chat is great! its built into the site and uses your nick automatically

This board is gonna be awesome

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sorry if I missed it, but when can we look for the new and improved ATS ??

Will we be able to tell such as a different look or format, or are all the changes just on the technical side?

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hopefully, ATS 2.0 will launch very soon.

There is a minor look & feel tweak, but nothing significant.

Technology is completely revamped.
- New forum software (but keeping all existing posts)
- Integrated chat (as mentioned above, still working on making it better)
- Faster server
- Faster host

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I hope they do something with the look because the skins we have are either flat out ugly and dumb or just plain boring.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think they are cool, I use the orange one...whichever one that is? Which do you use?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I used to use the Adventuremedia blue one thn I moved to the Grey and Red original skin but this 2.0 stuff if tight.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
what defines the user level

top topics

join