It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Lockheed arrived at the F-22 Raptors final design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The F-22 Raptor underwent alot of design changes from the inital proposal to the final design. The first proposal looked like a single tail SR-71. As companies merged to spread risk, the design underwent changes:

aerospaceweb.org...
Its interesting to see how a company evolves its proposals over time. No doubt the combining of companies brought fresh information.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 31-8-2004 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The F-22 Raptor underwent alot of design changes from the inital proposal to the final design. The first proposal looked like a single tail SR-71. As companies merged to spread risk, the design underwent changes:

Its interesting to see how a company evolves its proposals over time. No doubt the combining of companies brought fresh information.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by FredT]

Good find! It is intresting to see where the F-22 came from. The first design looked quite radical but it slowly evolved into a plane that looks much like any other fighter.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hats of to you Fred for this cool evolutionary chart.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Hats of to you Fred for this cool evolutionary chart.

I wish I could take credit for it. its Lockheed Martins chart. I thought it was interesting to see the design that were shelved in the final narch to the Raptor. id give anything to see a similar chart showing Northrop's process as well

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This picture came off my website. You can learn more about the evolution of the F-22 design at this page:

aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerospaceweb
This picture came off my website. You can learn more about the evolution of the F-22 design at this page:

aerospaceweb.org...

You really have a Kick A#$ site for aviation Hats off to you!

new topics

top topics

join