It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina to consider banning same sex marriage with constitutional amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Yeah I know, most of my family is Christian, I'm personally agnostic.
What's funny is in reality Jesus talked about very suggestive love between two men, however it was only hundreds of years later that the people that finished the bible (just wrote whatever they wanted never having met jesus) added the anti homosexuality stuff.

Still.. I stand by my former post because It's funny.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer
First they came after the gays, but I wasn't gay so I didn't say anything.
Then they came after the smokers, but I wasn't a smoker, so I didn't say anything.
Then they came after . . . . . .

... the african american ultra conservatives and said "you'll do well in our propaganda department."?

sorry man.. you totally set it up and I had to go for it.
edit on 12-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Fair enough. But I just go by "American"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know, the incorrect p.c.ness was to exacerbate the absurdness.

Don't worry, when I look, I don't see you as anything, but an equally, dastardly tea partier.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
North Carolinian here. For me seeing a group of human beings oppressed using religion as justification reminds me of when they used to use the Bible quotes to describe a Black human marrying a white human as "sinful".

I do not believe that sin exists. I do not believe that the bible is real. I do not believe in a god. I do not even think that jesus was real. For me the argument against gay marriage is no argument at all. Having religion used to justify oppressing fellow human beings is disgusting.

If we are going to quote Leviticus and take it literally and follow the commandments in it, if this bill gets passed and they use the bible to change our state constitution then perhaps we should follow ALL of the rules and laws in Leviticus.

That means NO shrimp, crab or lobster.

"These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you."

That means NO pork products to eat.

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you."

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Next time any christian speaks out against gay's marrying ask them to explain the story of Jonathan and David.
www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Brilliant! When I look at myself, I see the same thing!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Keep god out of government, out of the bedroom, out of a woman's uterus and out of the schools.

Faith should be a private thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Theres alot more to worry about in politicians than their views on gay marriage that's for sure, the way I see it(and many others) is that at least this one politician has got one thing right. Overall, political correctness has gone mad, not every minority group deserves rights, you dont give occult groups who want to sacrifice virgins rights do you? no, not even if the virgin wants to be sacrificed, some minority groups including gays dont deserve rights, homosexuality was considered a disease 50 odd years ago, and in most people on earths point of view(bearing in mind over half the world are christian and muslim) it still is a disease. Some things just never should be tolerated, and if we voted on it specifically they just wouldnt be tolerated.

I guess some insecure gay person will report this post as usual just becuase I've presented over half the worlds point of view, their all for freedom of speech so they say, its all ok to bash on the religous in their minds but your not allowed to speak against sodomites, hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How does a gay couple getting married affect a straight couple getting married? Homophobes like him shouldn't be allowed to hold office. Because they do nothing but teach our children hate and intolerance.

You know Ron Paul is big on this stuff. Just sayin

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
Theres alot more to worry about in politicians than their views on gay marriage that's for sure, the way I see it(and many others) is that at least this one politician has got one thing right. Overall, political correctness has gone mad, not every minority group deserves rights, you dont give occult groups who want to sacrifice virgins rights do you? no, not even if the virgin wants to be sacrificed, some minority groups including gays dont deserve rights, homosexuality was considered a disease 50 odd years ago, and in most people on earths point of view(bearing in mind over half the world are christian and muslim) it still is a disease. Some things just never should be tolerated, and if we voted on it specifically they just wouldnt be tolerated.

I guess some insecure gay person will report this post as usual just becuase I've presented over half the worlds point of view, their all for freedom of speech so they say, its all ok to bash on the religous in their minds but your not allowed to speak against sodomites, hypocrites.

You have absolutely got to be kidding -- what in the hell do you mean - not every minority group deserves rights. That is the core being of the United States of America. Without that tenant we are absolutely rubbish as a nation.

You have not presented over half the worlds view, it is obvious that you don't have a passport, your worldview is very small. You are the hypocrite, you might feel more comfortable in a theocracy - may I suggest Iraq or Afghanistan -- those are the beliefs that you are aligned with. May I suggest you get a passport and move. Our democracy will not change and you will find yourself being more and more uncomfortable.

If there is a state constitutional amendment -- it will be ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court - because it is so obviously unconstitutional.

By the way sodomy is only sin to you because you say so, it has no bearing on anyone else gay or straight. To thinking people it is as remarkable as deciding between wheat or white bread for toast.
edit on 12-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Going along with the whole point of something is not bringing about hate!
Gays can't get married and its as simple as that.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Turn everything you said around and you are 100% correct.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Marriage is a religious act.

States/Governments have no authority to regulate Marriages then.

If the gay people wanted Freedom they'd go to the Supreme Court saying their religion is being infringed. State's won't recognize their religious joining.

States will recognize Indian Tribe's religious marriages. Even though nothing is written down.

Common Law marriage.....they consider you married if you lived together for awhile....still valid in 10 States plus Washington DC.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
here's my take on this whole thing; it's the reds vs the blues. (just in case: red = Republican / blue = Democratic) just look around this country, look at the laws that each state legislature is passing. the blue states are passing laws supporting gays, immigrants and education. the red states are passing sweeping anti abortion laws, opposing gay marriage, concerning themselves with sharia law (?) and doing pretty much whatever they can to take away power from the working class (union busting). IMHO, the red states are intellectually challenged and socially backwards. I hate to be so jaded & cynical but that's the way I feel. I will go as far as to say I do believe these red states realize how these new laws do impinge upon the basic rights and freedoms of their respective citizens but they will be damned if they will allow the blue states to be progressive and get away with it. it's kind of like in high school when it was the dumb jocks vs the brains / nerds / geeks.
edit on 12-9-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added

edit on 12-9-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Sounds like North Carolina is the place to move too.

I get tired of hearing all of the hateful pro-homosexual anti-Christian agenda that they keep jamming down our throats.
At least in NC, I wouldn't have to hear it anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Same sex marriage in NC?! Now I gotta move!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am sorry but I do not want to explain to my 5 year old why to men are kissing or why two women are kissing. I want my child to lead a hetero lifestyle so she can enjoy the pleasures of holy matrimony with a man and eventual have a family of her own. If she decides to be with a woman when she becomes of age I will not hate her for it but I do not want her to be influenced at her current age.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by impressme

Sounds like North Carolina is the place to move too.

I get tired of hearing all of the hateful pro-homosexual anti-Christian agenda that they keep jamming down our throats.
At least in NC, I wouldn't have to hear it anymore.

Perhaps we could get all the other idiot bigots to move there too. It would be nice if they were in one place and the rest of us could just go about our business.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Let's leave the diagnoses to the doctors and not the clerics, shall we?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join