It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseen Roommate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was kind of indecisive if I should share this story and couple of videos because this is a personal matter I have, My close family and friends are aware of these things going on and also have had things happen to them while visiting.

Let me give you a little history of the house I am currently living in, I have experienced many paranormal things on my parents property over the years along with my family members who also strongly believe that we may have spirits living with us here.

My parents bought this property in the late 70's, we have the house that my family and I grew up in and guest home that I live in now right next door. This guest house has also been active continually over the years (renters have complained of things and people who stayed there have also told our family things that happened to them)

The house itself was not built on the property, the owners of the property before my parents moved in had the home brought with them. The house is fairly old (early 1940's or so) It was originally 4 rooms, a living room, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom, everything is almost all original and never changed but my father built 2 more rooms and a extra bathroom onto it in 2004.

I moved into the guest house in 2006 and almost immediately started having activity happen. I've been woken up in the middle of the night/early morning to sounds of people walking throughout the house, whispers, voices having conversations, Broken dishes, cups of water on my nightstand being dumped onto the floor then put back. I don't feel that whatever it is is trying to harm me but I do believe its still living here.

The videos I am going to post is of me one night not being able to sleep and hearing things moving around in the room across from me. I'm really not sure what it is that it seen on the video but it looks like a orb to me, it did give me chills upon reviewing it, I did see the object fly by on both accounts through the screen of the camera. Just thought I would share my story, thank you for reading.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Starblind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Glad you decided to share this finally...i have also been in this house and i can say with a 100% certainty that something paranormal is in this house....but it hasnt hurt anyone or done anything too violent.... so for now just wait to ask it for rent

S&F
edit on 11-9-2011 by Genophage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Genophage

Thanks again

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Remember when that camera case flew off the book shelf...that was crazy and we both gave each other the same
look.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi, Very interesting, could you say Where this home or property is located, any details about the property?

I'd like to see you catch that water glass at your bed being dumped on camera.
Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't doubt you for a second... I myself have had a few too many paranormal experiences to discount the otherworldly.... however... I think those orbs are bugs. I've videotaped in my room that way before, and the light always attracts them into the room. They seem to fly kinda fast. Not that I can say I've filmed a ghost orb and can say they move slow, all I can go off of are ghost mystery shows and their photography. So, what you caught just seem like they move like bugs. Unless!!! Maybe your ghosts possessed the bugs!

Have you thought about bringing one of those shows to your house? Could be interesting to find out the story of your ghosts!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I do not deny or doubt you at all, but I personally don't think the "orbs" were paranormal at all. They seemed to move in a linear fashion, which would be consistent with dust, so that is the most likely explanation. I would recommend spending as much time as possible attempting to capture something on film. I do think it would be much easier for you, as it is in most paranormal cases, to capture something audible, as those occurrences are more frequent.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Hi, Very interesting, could you say Where this home or property is located, any details about the property?

I'd like to see you catch that water glass at your bed being dumped on camera.
Keep up the good work.

Its in Southern California, I don't really know the history prior to my family moving in, the property is a half acre with the two homes and is in the rural farm area of my city. Thank you so much for your comments and I would also like to catch more things on video, I think I might start recording more often.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Genophage

Originally posted by Genophage
Remember when that camera case flew off the book shelf...that was crazy and we both gave each other the same
look.

Yes I do remember that because I think that's when you finally saw it for yourself! I knew I wasn't crazy!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Thank you for your input i appreciate it, I am still investigating the matter
It would be kinda cool to have someone come in that is professional I would be open to that idea!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thanks for stopping in
I do hope to get some more recording time in along with audio, I will look into it more, Much appreciated!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here is a outside photo of the house. Just in case anyone was wondering.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Starblind

Very cool! Thank you for sharing the photo. I definitely agree you should get some more video of the house. Sound included

Just keep your camera on you alllll night long, and as soon as you start hearing stuff, turn it on and start snapping and take videos.
Maybe you should look into having someone check it out. You could be on TV

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I wish you would have posted the whole video...i know you said you were shaking the camera a bit at certain times...but I liked when that TV in the next room turns on by itself...dust or bugs cant do that

no worries tho..lets keep at it!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I've had similar things happen to me, but im a christian. I called on the Lord and ran whatever it was haunting me out of my house and i havent had anything happen since. If youre a child of Christ he gives you authority over spirits, tell them to leave in the name of Jesus and they must go, they cannot stay. Demons may try to fight you, but you will prevail.

If you are a christian do not be one of these weak ones who have no fight in them, you run these things out of your house.

Any atheist will tell you that Jesus does not exist but when you get into paranormal studies and you see christians calling on the Lord and running these foul spirits out, it changes your thinking. An atheist can tell you all day that Christ is a myth but they somehow fail to explain how using the Lords name makes these entities run in fear, instead they tell you its your imagination, but the entities don't return.
edit on 11-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I wish you would have posted the whole video...i know you said you were shaking the camera a bit at certain times...but I liked when that TV turns in the next room on its own...dust or bugs cant do that

I'll post that version too? I could get it up tonight.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I wish you would have posted the whole video...i know you said you were shaking the camera a bit at certain times...but I liked when that TV in the next room turns on by itself...dust or bugs cant do that

Exactly!! You can't say bugs turned on the TV... unless, like I said earlier...they are possessed bugs

I had a similar experience where the light in the other room all of a sudden turned on then back off again. I was alone in my hotel room at the time, watching a ghost show coincidentally enough. I was seriously freaked out for the rest of the time I was there. I'm sure watching the show made the correlation that much more potent... but the fact that I was guaranteed alone when the light turned on and off again....well... ghost show or not, it was just weird.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I've had similar things happen to me, but im a christian. I called on the Lord and ran whatever it was haunting me out of my house and i havent had anything happen since. If youre a child of Christ he gives you authority over spirits, tell them to leave in the name of Jesus and they must go, they cannot stay. Demons may try to fight you, but you will prevail.

If you are a christian do not be one of these weak ones who have no fight in them, you run these things out of your house.

Any atheist will tell you that Jesus does not exist but when you get into paranormal studies and you see christians calling on the Lord and running these foul spirits out, it changes your thinking. An atheist can tell you all day that Christ is a myth but they somehow fail to explain how using the Lords name makes these entities run in fear, instead they tell you its your imagination, but the entities don't return.
edit on 11-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for stopping in, I am Catholic and my parents have had both houses blessed by a priest, I don't feel that its is trying to hurt me, or anyone else that has stayed here. Thank you again for your stopping in and for your words, I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ

Exactly!! You can't say bugs turned on the TV... unless, like I said earlier...they are possessed bugs

I had a similar experience where the light in the other room all of a sudden turned on then back off again. I was alone in my hotel room at the time, watching a ghost show coincidentally enough. I was seriously freaked out for the rest of the time I was there. I'm sure watching the show made the correlation that much more potent... but the fact that I was guaranteed alone when the light turned on and off again....well... ghost show or not, it was just weird.

I've had lights turn on in rooms as well along with the TV I will post the video with the TV turning on soon

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing! You may have an orb there, seems more likely than dust. Just check into things such as air movement blowing dust... to any insects flying around there at night. Also, as others have mentioned try more filming around the house, may even pick up a shape if it fact you have activity. Goodluck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join