It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11/11- Today is a Lonely Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this thread, but as it does pertain to 9/11, I suppose here is as good as any.

Today it has been ten years since the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon, and I feel so alone. I live in America and have been thinking about this day for the last week, yet trying to talk to others and express my empathy I feel I am viewed as a pathetic person. I do not understand this. I mourn slightly for the families of the victims who lost their life on that day, however, this is not where my tremendous grievous comes from. I mourn for today. For the millions of Americans who have been brainwashed by the media and stripped of their common sense. I mourn for the children of this country who are being and will be raised believing war is just, good, and defending our freedoms. I have cried, and will most likely shed more tears for those who have lost their innocent lives simply living in a country my country has bombed and waged war against. I am saddened by the lack of protesting my country has demonstrated in not further investigating the actions that took place on September eleventh, two thousand and one. But most of all, I am so frustrated that I go to work, pay my bills, pay my taxes, go out to eat, and entertain myself without doing a single thing about the unlawful and horrific things my government does which I inadvertently fund. And I feel so alone...

Why do more people not cry? Why do more people not care? Why are we all so incredibly ignorant to the point the we are stupid by not questioning what impacts us so greatly?

I have not posted anything on this site for quite some time. I make this post to ask you, people of the world, do you have empathy? I suppose I'm looking for a friend, or at least someone else out there who feels the same way I do. I can't share my true feelings at work, with my family, or even with my closest friends. My wife is the only one I can talk to and I am extremely grateful for her. But to my friends out there who I will most likely never meet, do you feel alone today? Do you share my empathy, or am I just a lame person who thinks too much and cares too much for things I have no control over? Either way, today is a lonely day. Do you agree?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nope I don't feel alone at all, too bad you feel that way......... Fact of the matter is people die everyday and I don't want to sound harsh but their lives were no more important than anyone else who has died so I don't feel extra grief for them.... It is sad and I feel grief when people pass but there is just too much emphasis being put on 9/11 and it's making me care less and less...... Sorry if I sound ignorant I am just tired of the fear all the time!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Your not lame. Quite the opposite, it takes a lot of courage to voice your sensitivities (especially when your male
One sees so much horror in the world, that it can scarcesly (sorry spelling, its late here) be believed that it is from one human to another. Your not alone, theres many of us that have woken up, and sometimes i wish i hadnt, because its easier to absorb yourself in banalities. I really feel a change is coming, it has too, there was a thread recently titled "the world is on life support" (i think it was called), its so true, we cant sustain the current way of living.
Thank God for your wife, and there are people out there, just like you.
As my gran used to say "it'll all come out in the wash".
s+f, because i feel where your coming from.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Without sounding like too much of a soul less man I think it is important to realize that while these things happen it is important to raise your chin and continue. I was all for turning the middle east into Lake America when 9/11 Happened just because the cold blood of vengeance ran through me for years after that. Harm us? Fu** you! However, as I have gotten older I realize that the only good vengeance is living a happy and well life to the best that you can.. The hate that TPTB wish you feel or the sadness they wish you feel or the helplessness they wish you feel. Thats all what "they" want' You must do what is good for yourself and your family and by your actions of good will come acts of good from others who take notice in your deed's.

Many are saddened by 9/11 and would no doubt go to war with the world if thats what it meant to save America but for now we must seek peace because unless we have a sturdy home we cannot carry any message of hope and freedom abroad for it is already not being taken seriously.

In the end America will continue but it is up to us to rise up to the standards by which it takes to run this great country. I refuse to lose to Communist China thank you very much! I just sold my Car to buy a truck and start a business in which I hope to employ other Americans soon. I am looking and building a positive future for myself. You do the same.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

I can understand that. I somewhat wish I felt that way too. I agree that much emphasis is put on 9/11, and clear that it's to promote fear. But don't you feel partially responsible? Unless you do what you can to shed light into the psychological rape that the US performs, I don't know how you or anyone else can go about just not caring. When you become aware, doesn't that make you accountable for what others feel, fear, and react to such events and the obstruction of facts? I don't know, but to me you sound pretty bitter and cold.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I have been crying on and off all day. I grieve for what was....and what is. Since 9/11 things have not gotten better...they have gotten worse. I hate terrorism...I hate war....Yes I am sad today. I mourn too for all the innocent people who suffer; for all those who have died....I think we need too to remember that in every religion, race, color, creed you have your good people and your evil people. I think it is important to remember that many middle eastern people are good people too...who have lost loved ones ....needlessly.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old77

In the end America will continue

I wish I believed that, but when looking at the facts, I don't see that as a reality. However, I do agree in your stance on perseverance. The question I run into is, what's really worth your time and effort. A small business? Maybe, but what's that really doing to help others and stop this madness the whole world has become a part of?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There's no need to feel so lonely. However it is natural to feel that way when you are depressed and mourning on the familes that go through their own despair. But have no worry, they can take care of themselves. They will survive, you have to put some focus and confidence in yourself. Turn that negative energy into positive energy, everyday put that positive energy into everything. Let that positive energy attract other positive energy. Don't be down this is only a temporary emotion. You've talked about 9/11 all week as you mentioned before, so you wanted to feel that loneliness and the agony and despair in the first place. The media, 95 percent of the time they focus on the negative. Solution to aviod that is to turn off the T.V or change the channel.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It was very sad when it happened and I did grieve but here we are 10 years later and It's in your face so much, not because of the people who died but more to promote justify the wars overseas...

Let me ask when the columbine shootings happened or Oklahoma city bombings and all the other countless tragedies happen, why are they getting less coverage? Do you mourn everyday about these things? Look how fast everyone got over those things really think about it....

Call me cold hearted if you want but I am seeing the bigger picture here, you are seeing what they want you to see...Like I said I am sick of the fear and I feel for all the victims because in my mind they weren't killed they were sacrificed for an evil purpose......
edit on 11-9-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'm not from US, but I've lived and studied there for one year and took the class of US Government from a Vietnam veteran who has taught me a lot. He was very objective while criticising his own country - in both good and bad ways. He told us where US has screwed up so far and one of the things he mentioned was his own experience. During his service at Vietnam, they sometimes had to stay close to Agent Orange and the authority told them it's okay, Agent Orange was harmless. I'm sure you've heard about it, but to conclude it was not safe and so they were all exposed to the effects this very harmful thing. His daughter was given birth at a very very early stage of pregnancy and had to be heart massaged constantly to be kept alive. His doctor told him it was Agent Orange and he was lucky that his baby survived. He was saying that he loved his country still, but a part of him hates her because of what she did to him, his daughter, her citizens that loved her.

So yes, I know what you mean though I can't feel the same as you do even if I wanted to because I am not American, therefore I don't feel cheated as much. Though as a citizen/native person of the world, I can say I feel fairly cheated. I would love to have you here, in my country and show you that you're not a bit alone as we all think exactly the way you think. God bless your wife as you're so lucky to have her. Please try not to overwhelm yourself over these matters as it will take you nowhere. I know how it is to know everything/ feel you're capable of doing the right thing, but can't help to change things around. Because you and I, we individuals, are such small things (a flash in the pan) compare to countries and authorities.

top topics

join