It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your Favorite Actor?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Mark Wahlberg all the way!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have several favorite actors...
1.Claude Raines
2.James Mason
3.Gregory Peck
4.John Wayne
5.Kirk Douglas
6.Rod Steiger
7.Glenn Ford
8.Henry Fonda
You can tell from my list that I love classic movies.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Leonardo Dicaprio and Christian Bale would have to be my top two actors as of current. Leo probably hasn't done a bad flick in his entire career and, Bale either (sans Equilibrium and Reign of fire) imvho. Both of them are very capable actors and have extensive range and top tier films in their resumes.

I used to favor Johnny Depp as a few posters before me stated however lets be honest since Fear and loathing all hes done is play that Hunter S role in every movie he's done that would allow it. . Sweeney Todd, Pirates, Alice in Wonderland, Blow, The Libertine, The Imaginarium (sp) of Dr. Parnassus, Rango and oh wait hes also Playing Hunter S (may he rest in peace) in "The Rum Diaries". Its a shame how so many people think that he's so vesatile and brings such a weirdness and blah blah blah to every role he plays, when in reality hes been using that character over and over and anytime he tries to get away from it ........... well I take it a few of you here have saw that gem
of a movie called the tourist.

Anywho I'm going to put my helmet on before the Depp lovers come in here and blast me.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 11/9/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
OH sorry to DP but lets go old school and add these two who are in a class all by themselves imo.

Max Von Sydow Wiki Page . The Seventh Seal is the greatest movie ever made, (once again imo)

Jimmy Stewart Wiki Page

These two are actors from the old school when actors were actors.

Trowa
edit on 11/9/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
GARY OLDMEN........PERIOD

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thought i'd revive an old thread because theres someone i missed as one of my Fav actors...

Colin Farrell... Hes just a great actor... most of his movies are great...

Heres one that few people have actually seen... but it is very funny...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My favorites....

Ed Norton Jr.
Ryan Gosling
Pacino
De Niro

edit on April 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Jeez, I've got to pick 1? Throw all the good ones into the mix. Eastwood. Wayne. Jackson(not Hugh). Curry. Hackman. Caine. I could go on. It depends on ones mood I think. I can't pick 1. Oh hell, just for giggles:

Morgan Freeman.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Tough call..

Edward Norton..

Donald Sutherland ( all Canadians love this man, if they don't, well that's just unpatriotic
)

Clive Owen

Betty White

Gwenneth Paltrow..

I can't think of the whole list, but I have quite a few. It's hard to boil it down for me cause I can change my mind all the time depending on new films with well written roles and perfect casting.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Donald Sutherland ( all Canadians love this man, if they don't, well that's just unpatriotic
)

OK:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Bruce Willis - & Die Hard 4

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ben Kingsley

Paddy Considine

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Mark Strong, Clark Gregg, Robert Downey Jr., Clive Owen
edit on 7-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Traitor!

And your list is actually quite up my alley as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Definitely Nicholas Cage(for that "real person"factor,to me he's just so believable in every role) and Ben Kingsley for sheer brilliance-the hubby finds him creepy as hell for some reason.And Morgan Freeman,he has the strangest effect on me-does'nt matter what role he plays,whenever i see him i get this wonderful feeling of happiness and well-being,dont know what the deal is there........For comedy,Will Ferrell is my best,also Simon Pegg+Nick Frost.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think Tom Cruise is so insane that he may actually believe he is really in the role he is playing...not good if your looking for sanity, but I think it makes his movies interesting to watch.

I'd put Christian Bale right up there as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett..........yes Ben Kingsley, I like the intensity of Anthony Hopkins
edit on 7-4-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join