It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was this called? | Deep Inhabited Caverns in Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

There is an underground complex somewhere in Turkey that was dug out and turned into a metropolis. It is claimed, I think, to be able to house over 20,000 people. I also think that there has been strange stories of creatures being sighted in around there. I will have to do some research.

Edit: Note to neformore. Sorry I can only give you one star. Why people should diss each other on a thread like this defies reason really.

The OP asked a simple question.
edit on 12/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

that would be cappodocia , thouigh i need a cite for " creatures"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've found a small coincidence in the dwarf theory.

irishcultureandcustoms.com/acalend/creepycreatures.html

Apparently a few evil leprachauns live under ground in certain area's of Ireland. I'll see if i can find any locations, Thats if there is any.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

TL must BE A CIA DISINFO AGENT!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
[Smug comments like this are manifested in insecurity are more than likely made to make the poster feel better about themselves.i]reply to post by Clisen33

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

...a few evil leprachauns live under ground in certain area's of Ireland...

I've read some of the stories about Leprachauns, Faries and such in Ireland and
whether it is all just 'tall-tales' or a tourist gimmick, the Irish take it serious, enough
to move a road around an area where these creatures were supposed to live!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

check out gibralar , there are massive caverns inside the rock and legend has it that there is a conecting tunnel from the rock to the african coast .
there was also two british army officers that went to explore the deeper caverns , but they never came back

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is one massive underground cavern under a town in France. It was dug out during World War 1, because the village was destroyed by the Germans, near the enemy trench lines. After the war, the town was built exactly as it once was before. The cavern was a massive military complex.

Do space alien other-worlder's use cave's or cavern's too hide out in on Earth? Yes... I believe that they do, but I never had access to a space alien constructed underground complex.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
In my country there was a case with a cave near village that was said to be holding a tall humanoid it was a tomb of it in a deep cavern. How was all learned? Some medium said to have been in contact with alien and that is how she suggested to make a dig in the area of tha village.

Now the stunning part is that there was a cave there and it was deep. Those who explored the cave did not go to the bottom of it, some geologists said it would be dangerous as underground water found there could cause collapse things liek that. It was never found but some UFOs were seen during the nights when military were guarding the site. Eventually they didn't go to the bottom of it. The fact that it came from a medium makes all the story look bogus to me, but im not sure

I should actually take a look at tha cavern but guess what, the entrance(s) were all filled to make sure no one gets inside. Sounds familiar? Always when something is there, they trap the entrances and goodbye case.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Are you talking about the one Werner Herzog went to in his documentary Cave of Forgotten Dreams? That is called Chauvet Cave. Trailer: www.youtube.com...

Another site for the Cave: www.culture.gouv.fr...

And more: www.bradshawfoundation.com...

This is truly one of those discoveries that makes you sit back in awe of it's beauty I have to say.
edit on 9/12/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Does sound like a film, maybe The Cave or The Descent? There was an 80s movie with Robert Powell where he led an expedition into a cave network and encountered some albino humans, cant remember its name though.
Sorry for going off topic a bit there. There was a cave system discovered in Israel a few years back, which had been sealed of for millions of years. They found eight new species, four of the new species are water-dwelling crustaceans. Four others are land-based invertebrates—creatures without spines. Also found in the cave were bacteria that serve as the basic food source in the self-contained community. As might be expected of species confined to a pitch-black cavern for millions of years, none of the newly discovered animals had eyes. All were alive, except for a scorpion-like creature—the only known representative of its species.
So I suppose anything is possible given the right eco-system and a large enough network of cave's and cavern's.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Also a cave network was discovered in Romania a few years back. They found 31 new species in the cave network.
web.ncf.ca...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
when I was a kid my grandma used to tell me about dwarfs that would steal children. my grandfather was a miner and he had stories about them too. I know part of the stories were told to get me bed but they talked about among themselves they sounded really confused about it. I was too young to remember specifics though.

its interesting to think about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join