It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was this called? | Deep Inhabited Caverns in Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Sorry to get off topic OP, But lunar. i agree with the most, you sound like a right ass, people should report your sorry self.

Huh? What did i do? Is it cause i gave an opinion? So, you want to report me cause i gave an opinion? So they can remove it or ban me? For my opinion? Really?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What 'opinion' do you share? Your 'opinion' consists of rude uneducated replies, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Robbi

Hypogeum have been sealed off even since a school took 30 students into the caves and disappeared, guide and all. Search
parties were never able to locate any trace of the people and children

really ? so please tell us the date this occurred and the names of the victims

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Robbi

Hypogeum have been sealed off even since a school took 30 students into the caves and disappeared, guide and all. Search
parties were never able to locate any trace of the people and children

really ? so please tell us the date this occurred and the names of the victims

He was retelling the story I was trying to find. I am reading about it now. If I stumble across that info I will re-post. I am uncertain why this thread has spawned so much hostility. I just wanted to revisit something I once read and wasn't even sure where I read it. I knew I hadn't ripped it from a movie. I also didn't like being told it was BS. Underground caverns and stories about them span eons and cultures.

Thanks again for all the great links and helpful threads. Good stuff.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What 'opinion' do you share? Your 'opinion' consists of rude uneducated replies, nothing else.

Excuse me? What about it was rude? Or how is it uneducated? Why do you have 'opinion' in quotations? So many questions...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
oh - and now to add something constructive [ ok - semi constructive ]

instead of regurgitating the tired old BS about :

missing children

bottomless holes

canibal dwarves

etc etc etc

try looking at some real cave science , like :

croatian cave salamanders

has the advantage of being fascinating and factual

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

quo·ta·tion Noun 1. A group of words taken from a text
or speech and repeated by someone
other than the original author or
speaker: "a quotation from Mark Twain".

The definition tells you all you need to know about quotation marks, i was also putting more emphasis on the fact you think your posts could be classed as valid opinion.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

quo·ta·tion Noun 1. A group of words taken from a text
or speech and repeated by someone
other than the original author or
speaker: "a quotation from Mark Twain".

Yrs, but why did you do it?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

I'm living in the Oregon mountains right now. I've heard lore about a race of subterranean dwarfs here, too. It's interesting to think who might be living below us.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some cool reading being linked on this thread thanks for bringing it up OP. Haven't done much reading about stuff like this in the past will give me something to get into tonight.

BTW could you guys Bi*&( and whine back and forth a little more please I dont think we have to scroll enough to get informative posts. Personally I enjoy shuffling through post after post of people jabbing back and forth about irrelevant, off-topic bs so they can hope to have the last word. Give it a rest please it makes you look stupid and no one is impressed by your retorts. Thanks and have a great evening.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
oh - and now to add something constructive [ ok - semi constructive ]

instead of regurgitating the tired old BS about :

missing children

bottomless holes

canibal dwarves

etc etc etc

try looking at some real cave science , like :

has the advantage of being fascinating and factual

Had I wanted to read about salamanders I would have asked for links on them Cave dwellers or not. I was wanting to read about something specific for a specific reason. I do not have to justify that reason to you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Proteus anguinus... Looks like some caecilians, but without pigment.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Dwarves? Oh come on, that's getting too far. Firstly aliens and I think it is a good explanation IF there are any other creatures, but dwarves? Now what do we also start believing in fairies, dragons, goblins?..

The only cave in Europe I know of with unknown location other than 'somewhere in Sweden' is from the Lacerta files

www.abovetopsecret.com...

honestly I dont believe it anymore, it sounds like a well written and well thought story or theory of someone who had a brand new approach than telling a story or appearing on a video and presented his theory in the form of a made-up interview with a creature.

But dwarves? Really let's start thinking all fairy tales are true then? Snow-white and the 7 dwarves ...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Dwarves? Oh come on, that's getting too far. Firstly aliens and I think it is a good explanation IF there are any other creatures, but dwarves? Now what do we also start believing in fairies, dragons, goblins?..

The only cave in Europe I know of with unknown location other than 'somewhere in Sweden' is from the Lacerta files

honestly I dont believe it anymore, it sounds like a well written and well thought story or theory of someone who had a brand new approach than telling a story or appearing on a video and presented his theory in the form of a made-up interview with a creature.

But dwarves? Really let's start thinking all fairy tales are true then? Snow-white and the 7 dwarves ...

Careful, your ignorance is showing. In fact, you may just want to visit some of the links that others have pointed to. I asked for information. Nothing more, nothing less. For some ATS types, you clearly demonstrate a total lack of knowledge about myths and legends. May want to do your research before you make replies like you just wrote.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Okay, here is my small input to this. When I used to live in the UK, I took part in some caving trips in the Mendip Hills. We took a trip down a cave complex, the name escapes me today, sorry folks. Anyway, we entered a large underground hall. A small pathway led up onto another tunnel system. For some reason, that day, I did not fancy making an accent so elected to stay in the hall, alone for the hour that the rest needed to follow the tunnel and return.

I thought to myself, no problem, I am an Officer in the Military. I have done far worse things than be left alone underground for an hour or so.

So, off they went. After about 15 minutes, I started to get a little bored and thought I would explore thet hall. The hall was not to large and I soon found myself back at my starting point. Now I decided to just sit in silence, with the lamp off and just experience the total darkness. Something I wished I had never done. After a short period of time, I cold have sworn that I heard whispered voices and "things" moving around fairly close to me. I switched the lamp on..........nothing, plus the sounds stopped. So, I switched the lamp off once again and within a minute or so, the sounds were back, only this time, getting louder.

I decided to keep the lamp off to see what would happen. Then, I swear, something pushed me from behind. Not too hard, but hard enough to make me take a step forward. Now the lamp was switched back on and stayed on for the remainder of the time until the team returned.

I tell you, my sphincter muscles were twiching like crazy.
edit on 12/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Terrible spelling. Sorry folks.

edit on 12/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

I have relatives who have encountered when their girl was a baby, something similar to the Big Foot, as they often hike in the mountains/forest. I think there could be some creatures of that kind, really based on many other cases but dwarves sounds pretty much fanatasy, let's not get completely ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Maybe Dwarves are an ancient race of alien that has lived below the surface for thousands of years, and every now and then they are spotted. It doesnt sound that far-fetched to me to be honest.

There are hundreds of stories, myths, fables and legends of small humanoid creatures and more living in giant caverns and tunnels all over the world. I know theres not really any evidence that they exisit but i believe some of our ancient ancestors may have entered these caves 1000s of years ago to start over. In South America for example when the Spanish arrived. Also many native american tribes claim that their ancestors came from below the surface.

I believe the whole subject gives a bit more food for thought towards the Hollow Earth theory.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by applebaum

Sounds like BS to me. maybe you saw this in a movie?

As many times before, just comes to discredit the OP, insult or similar, I get warnings but some people is free to roam the forums at will, nice double standard.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Humm, not so much hollw earth, but I certainly think that there are vast cavern networks and open areas that could be capable of housing civilisations. But I understand your meaning...............I think.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Heads Up

The topic of this thread is

"What was this called? | Deep Inhabited Caverns in Europe"

Not "Lets all bicker with each other"

The bickering stops now. If it doesn't appropriate action will be taken to ensure it does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join