It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children hit more nowadays, Cartoon violance Good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I want to throw a opinion. Lately it has been statistically (www.guardian.co.uk...) shown that children nowadays tend to hit their parents more. Even if it is a light slap, hit, punch, pinch, etc. I was pondering what would cause such an issue. Then my attention became on the Television.

Children television is way different nowadays. Cartoon violence is banned, such shows as Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and Transformers that had fantasy violence which many parents believed that it made there children into horrible violent kids. These shows steadily became banned. Just recently, dragon ball z kai was pulled of the air on Nickelodeon. This is a steady trend into more "verbal humor", rather than violent slap stick.

Here is my opinion, perhaps violent television was a good thing, something that placed children who had aggression were able to unload just by simply watching TV. Instead of physically showing their aggression, they would simply watch it in a humorous/action format thus relieving the tension.

I strongly disbelieve that violence is a bad thing. We are all programed from our ancient and prehistoric ancestors, children in those days faced death, animal attacks, harsh weather and constant fear of a new real violent situation each day. THink about the children during ancient rome, they were obviously watching gladiators. I believe nature has nurtured us on violance

In anycase, children nowadays, at least IMO are soft like sponge. Soft like spongebob.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Even if it is a light slap, hit, punch, pinch, etc. I was pondering what would cause such an issue.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. I think I got spanked twice when I was a kid. I was just brought up to be respectful I suppose. My kid ever hits me, they're getting a paddlin'! Off to have my tubes tied.

OP you really do need a source on this.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Even if it is a light slap, hit, punch, pinch, etc. I was pondering what would cause such an issue.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. I think I got spanked twice when I was a kid. I was just brought up to be respectful I suppose. My kid ever hits me, they're getting a paddlin'! Off to have my tubes tied.

OP you really do need a source on this.

There ya go

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Violence is an outlet of frustration when one can't articulate themselves. It is animal in nature. Kids these days are dumber - there is the TV to blame, the schools, games, vaccinations, it all comes together to retard emotional development. That is where this species is heading at the current time.

The poster above is going to feed the flames of the situation, because he/she is too inept to look for the causation factors. It's not just kids that find it easier to fallback to violence.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I see violence, especially in children, as a outlet of frustration and a cry for attention. Kids shouldn't be brought up by the TV but by parents.

I come from a family of 4 kids and my mum stopped working when she was pregnant of the first and choose to stay at home for us.
Ok, so we didn't have 10 holidays a year, expensive clothes or other fancy stuff but we did have attention. We could always talk to them, and still can, and just having someone to talk to after a rough day at school and always eating home-cooked meals totally made up for that.

I realize that single mums/dads don't have the luxury to stay at home but couple's can always make the choice to choose for their kids instead of fancy stuff, even in this economy.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
just look at the majority of youth today....most are rude,crankey little S.O.Bs.....it all comes from a lack of dicipline...im mean ffs if u smack your child your child can sue you for violence,take out restraining orders on you.....how incredibly retarted is that......lets give adolecants whos brains have not matured yet the power to make life decisions....real smart.....but hey alot of our society is being degraded by those in power .....it just keeps getting worse.....

peace

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Dragon Ball Z Kai hasn't been pulled from NickToons.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Cartoon violence? I seem to remember back in the 60s the cartoons contained their fair share of violence.
We had the Three Musketeers, the Arabian Knights, Marine Boy. Then there was Thunderbirds, Stingray and Captain Scarlet.

All contained violence of some degree. No, I think that it is the change in social climate that has brought this subject more to hand.
edit on 12/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Terrible spelling. Sorry folks.

top topics

join