It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. X's Speech from 'JFK' - Wow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

For those who have not seen JFK, while it is a lengthy and sombre movie, it's depth, development and cast made it a superb movie, imo. I would say it's an ATS 'must see' for conspiracy questioners. This is old news I realize, but this clip was posted today and I found the excerpt distinctly accurate, timeless, encompassing and intriguing.

"The organizing principle of any society is for war, the authority of the state over it's people resides in it's war powers."
Wow, sadly enlightening...
If this is true, what does that say about our current situation and future?

This movie depicted a transformation of a normal citizen into a conspiracy theorists, and all the trouble that comes with it, from family and officials as well as personal angst and torment.
Movie, for viewing, not downloading.

spec
edit on 11-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hi spec. My dad took me to see this movie when I was 11. We sat in the 3rd row. It was a profound experience, and I remember that we both seemed to enjoy this scene very much.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hope some day in the future a great film maker does a film about the 9/11 conspiracy like the movie JFK.

There are actually many similarities between the JFK assassination and 9/11, like both Commission reports, dead witnesses, government cover ups, following the money, military industrial complex, invasions of foreign nations shortly afterward, etc.

I know the truth about 9/11, of course not every fact, but I know without a shadow of a doubt it was an inside job.

The "who did it" isn't as important as the "who benefited". Answer that, and you'll know the truth.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Hey friend, yea I watched this a few years ago for the first time, and it drew me in through detail and excellent and dramatic unfolding. The story itself is intriguing, and the cast, writing and drama was just perfect. What Costner's character went through, was SO relatable to me, back at the height of my own conspiracy awakening. To have one's mind blown by something so intrinsic and close to home(and humanity) was just overwhelming.

spec

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

The "who did it" isn't as important as the "who benefited"

True Crypt, and I hope a worth film is made too. But the thing is in today's world, frank discussions about these topics put's some in danger because just talking about it could be considered subversive. Tis a mad mad world.
Disclaimer: I love my country and wish no harm against anyone, please do not consider me a threat.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This was one of my fave movies from about 8th grade on, when i asked my parents for it for christmas they thought i was crazy,
The film itself is a great look at the conspiracy side of it. if only more films were created with the attention to detail and story telling prowess that the writer, director and producer put into this film maybe todays movies would be more than mind erasing crap fest. (not to say that some of the new movies are not good just not even remotely educational, even the ones that are supposed to be).

thank for pointing this small clip and the movie out to maybe a few around here who havent seen it yet.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I friggin love this movie. I seen it some time ago and was like wow.... I need this movie. So I got it and for about a month I watched it every night falling asleep. But couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking JFK man, he was KILLED BY TPTB!!! Lyndon Johnson had a major roll in this I think, I loved the line "it was turkey shoot" or something like that.

That speech OP sent shivers down my spine watching it. Best movie ever in my opinion.

Jim Garrison really did pursue this like no other. Other than my favourite guy Mr Jim Marrs.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I feel JFK / RFK  were the last best hope for any real change in America and the western world. 

It sickens me to my very core what has happened to that family. 

Many people don't remember what happened to JFK junior . Again dying in suspicious circumstances .

In these events like 911 and JFK when you research the facts and put the time in looking into the alternatives you stare pure evil in the face. 

There must be more driving them than the greed for power 
And money. 

These people are vacuous monsters devoid of anything resembling human nature.   

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It makes Eisenhower's warning seem as poignant as ever.

In JFK's own words...

Yes most of you have heard the words before. Well if only a single member hears them for the first time then it was worth posting them again.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes, it does appear we are working off a script. Writers come up with new episodes while the director keeps his actors in line. It just has to follow the series' story line and the main players in the show have to come out on top. We are cast as extras, we have no dialog, nothing to add to the storyline, we just have to look and behave appropriately for our part.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

There must be more driving them than the greed for power
And money.

I have considered the literal 'satanism' and ritual aspect to be involved, but I'm not for certain. Every now and then I wonder if someone thinks they are addressing the bigger picture and having to use malevolence for benevolence on the grand scheme o things, means to an end. Still, as power and money could be the ceiling of self pleasure for some short sighted Klondikes, and it is enough to keep them looting.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Yes most of you have heard the words before. Well if only a single member hears them for the first time then it was worth posting them again.

I'll second that

Thanks for the comment,
spec

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What I will remember from this video is the following: People are starving for the truth and the truth is on your side.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
A great scene from a great movie.JFK woke more people up more then anything I could have thought of.It should be spread all over.The assassination is what got me into all of this.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

The truth is on your side but sometimes it becomes a badge that draws ridicule as well as condemnation. But still truth is truth and this is why independent and sometimes multiple investigations are warranted.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
In JFK's own words...
Too bad you chose to post a conspiracy theorist's edit of the speech instead of actually using JFK's own words.

Thanks for proliferating the lie.

Here are his REAL words.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
this whole move is forgetting, conveniently, that jfk was going to shut down the federal reserve, have inspections on israel's nuclear weapons and make aipac register as a foreign agency.....just shutting down the federal reserve and leaving the zionists that run it without a means to create more debt for society is enough for them to have killed kennedy...the military industrial complex wouldn't be able to even function without the federal reserve.....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

In JFK's own words...
Too bad you chose to post a conspiracy theorist's edit of the speech instead of actually using JFK's own words.

Here are his REAL words.

well, i have to tell you this, when he was talking of the russian communists, he was speaking of the zionist jewish tzars and the same zionist jewish faction that made up the communist bolsheviks....these people were already so entwined with america's government and already running operations here that were so incredible, that no congressman dare speak of it....for fear of losing their careers or their lives......

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

In JFK's own words...

Here are his REAL words.

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.
Source: Here are his REAL words.

I think to the majority of listeners the most significant passage was not edited (above) at all. My intention was not to try to lay the blame for all of the USA's problems at the door of your beloved "dinner club". But it is not a lie that as a nation you should guard against the, "very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment."

I'm not sure what the lie is that you think I have perpetuated...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I'm not sure what the lie is that you think I have perpetuated...
If you read the entire speech you'll see that he actually called for more secrecy. The edit leaves out the all important "but…" The message of his speech is, I know you don't like secrecy, but I need you to voluntarily keep your mouth shut, because that whole Bay of Pigs thing that just went down wasn't cool... (paraphrasing, of course).

The newspapers which printed these stories were loyal, patriotic, responsible and well-meaning. Had we been engaged in open warfare, they undoubtedly would not have published such items. But in the absence of open warfare, they recognized only the tests of journalism and not the tests of national security. And my question tonight is whether additional tests should not now be adopted.

…I am asking the members of the newspaper profession and the industry in this country to reexamine their own responsibilities, to consider the degree and the nature of the present danger, and to heed the duty of self-restraint which that danger imposes upon us all.

Every newspaper now asks itself, with respect to every story: “Is it news?” All I suggest is that you add the question: “Is it in the interest of the national security?” And I hope that every group in America—unions and businessmen and public officials at every level—will ask the same question of their endeavors, and subject their actions to the same exacting tests.

edit on 2011.9.13 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join