It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God from the bible, the creator of all things?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes. He made darkness as well as light. Even if he created just these two creations would been scientifically possible, because of the existence of life. Therefore his knowledge excedded tthe laws of psychics which through him were started.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

the next main question to ask is, did he use pre-existing materials to create something or something out of nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No, he's an alien, who's brother created the human race from his dna and some kind of monkey man that was already roaming the earth

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am not aware of any evidence for the existance of god let alone any evidence that he create the universe.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You say yes.
I say no.
Where should we go from here?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

He made nothing

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Even if he is an älien" His mind is exponentially more advanced than ours and definetly someone we should think of a God, who knows anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

yes and the prexisting materials were created by him.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
Yes. He made darkness as well as light. Even if he created just these two creations would been scientifically possible, because of the existence of life. Therefore his knowledge excedded tthe laws of psychics which through him were started.

Thou shalt not post while under the influence......

Verily ....I say to ye, ...............the roof..........the roof...........the roof is on fire......

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You know certain sects of Gnostic believe God did not create the world or the universe.
I guess they questioned how a perfect being could create such an imperfect and flawed world.
Everything in the universe is subject to death decay and entropy kind of weird to think that a perfect being would make something that seems so flawed.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The problem with most non-believers is they think they can attempt to understand someone that exists outside of time and space. Humans cannot comprehend a world without time. Do we ever see dogs trying to act as humans? No, dogs and all other animals rely on instincts. As humans we have lost our instincts through materialism. How can we ever expect to understand why, where and how God exists when we can't even understand how to look after ourselves. Animals don't seem to have these problems

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The God of Biblical fame...is a creation of men

but i do marvel that unsophisticated men without the knowledge of technology and knowledge passed down for thousands of years...
were able to express that matter (particularly the Earth) sprang forth from the 'waters' ~of the Deep~

that abstract thought is only now recognizeable as what we know of as 'Quantum physics/energies/mechanics'

was it that these thinkers from the almost prehistory of menkind used such exotic metaphors that they are implied in the current jargon of theoretical physics and Quantum theory---

or am i among those that are being buffallo'ed into thinking these outlandish (pre-20th century knowledge) ravings by religious zealots/seers are compatible with our advanced knowledge .

....i.e. " Waters of the Deep" found in Genesis equates to the modern counterpart we know as Quantum Mechanics?
edit on 11-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Haha...I know what you mean, and I agree, but what you have to do, is lose the burden of what you know things to be, or how you have had them explained to you, lose all that and then look at the world with only your common sense. See it. Of course our ancestors thought life sprang forth from water, and fire, because just look at IT, it does! And then realise that all our knowledge is built upon that simple, very obvious, realisation. Everything else, automatically, stands to reason. We don't create reality, but we do describe it, and we use what we know to frame all those, and every subsequent, description. Or measurement. For that matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Great Creator is something even Enlil and Enki -who serve as the basis for Jehovah and Satan) believed in.

The Bible is a hack job - beautiful and elegant as you may think it to be, it is a rehashing of stories much older than itself.

DO some FREAKIN research PLEASE - before I lose my FREAKIN MIND.

Ovis Aries - bah!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
The God of Biblical fame...is a creation of men

but i do marvel that unsophisticated men without the knowledge of technology and knowledge passed down for thousands of years...
were able to express that matter (particularly the Earth) sprang forth from the 'waters' ~of the Deep~

that abstract thought is only now recognizeable as what we know of as 'Quantum physics/energies/mechanics'

was it that these thinkers from the almost prehistory of menkind used such exotic metaphors that they are implied in the current jargon of theoretical physics and Quantum theory---

or am i among those that are being buffallo'ed into thinking these outlandish (pre-20th century knowledge) ravings by religious zealots/seers are compatible with our advanced knowledge .

....i.e. " Waters of the Deep" found in Genesis equates to the modern counterpart we know as Quantum Mechanics?
edit on 11-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Ahh, you're still on that kick that man evolved from apes without interference
Check.

Examine the evolution of a baluga whale's blowhole, and the time needed to move from front of face to middle of back - 50 million years - now consider than many only 'branched' away from chimps some 5-6 million -

what you have here is a blatant case of bull#.

Who in their right mind would have ever called the Earth the 7th planet without having seen it from the outside of the solar system? hmm.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Personally I believe that the bible is a collection of historical events that are much much older than we give them credit for. I don't know if there was a one supreme God in the sense that most believe, but I do believe there is something out there somewhere that is all powerful and initially created the universe(s) that we live in because I don't think any of this could have just "sprang" into existence.

I believe the bible is a collection of hisrorical events of the survivors and their descendents of the last great civilizations that perished either before or at the beginning of the last ice age that was mixed in with the surviving stories and what was known of their ancestors.

Just my take on things, maybe it's wrong and maybe it's right but it makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

You say yes.
I say no.
Where should we go from here?
God is not from the bible, the bible is from god. Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

There are so many threads on this, the answer is no and yes, depends on what god from the bible you are talking about since the bible holds host to more than one. If your talking about the supreme god, then yes, the answer is yes, if you are talking about the local lord (Jehovah) then no, all tho, Jehovah's role was to rule on Earth as a Lord god, most high on Earth placed I'm guessing by the supreme, the supreme being his father (the supreme god), never the less Jehova was god on earth that we all know about from the old testament bible and it is still popular especialy in Israel, Arab countries, and other religions across west, so he still has ruling.
In the bible you also have the supreme god that is above all else, not a lord but rather the source, the ultimate provider, simply god.

I think it's time to know more, the bible has been mixed up with all the gods and put into a single god.
This was probaly done not to create confusion, panic and for a better control since people might pick sides, gods.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Text Black

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer

Okay what proof do you have to say these things?
Have you considered the Oscillating Universe theory, which combines The Big Bang and The Big Crunch, basically Earth does not have a start or a finish instead it is cyclical. After a period of time of the Universe expanding that is evident today, the Universe will then contract back into the original tiny speck it started from and explode again.
Now anyone reading this that says this is ridiculous and says that God made the Universe in 7 days, think the creation stories through... And tell me that they are not ridiculous in themselves. It is all a matter of opinion at the end of the day. You cannot say God created the Universe with out Evidence, the only evidence there is, is the Religious Beliefs that seem to be Brain Washing the whole world!!!

Again watch this video
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just for accuracy, the Bible says "in our likeness", so God should be Gods.

<<   2 >>

join