It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting at baseball stadium

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cklein61
Its a silver balloon.

Must be a huge balloon - Watch the video closely (and pause if necessary), and you will see it go behind the foul ball posts across the field from where the announcer is doing her broadcast....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Very much not garbage. You'll see the object pass behind the two tall yellow pylons behind the reporter.

If that was trash, then it was the size of a freaking car.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
it seems
how can i say this
very large, very shiny, very fast, and very alone
for a bird

birds can and have been all those things before
seems somewhat of a kneejerk reaction though.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's an object illuminated by the stadium lights. I say that because the object doesn't become visible when it should have entered the frame, it only becomes visible when it's in the purview of the stadium lights, and it disappears just the same. So it's something being illuminated by an external source, it's not an object emitting light itself.

Alternatively, it can also be explained by something in the tv studio reflecting light on the screen's background.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Not a UFO to me. A bird, since this appears to be a game near water, most likely a seagull, very white seagull, doing a burn-n-turn for a french fry under the extremely powerful stadium lights. Being a night game cameraman most likely had the white balance clicked up a notch or two causing some "blooming" of the lamp lit interceptor...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Genophage

Just a couple things to note about this. The object definitely seems to be moving against the wind, or at least against the wind direction at the level of the flags at the top of the stadium.

Also, the object is at least as far away from the camera as the goal posts, so it might be informative to pause the video as the object passes by the uprights to compare its apparent size. I'm not sure how thick those goal posts are, but the object seems like it is as long or longer than the diameter of one of those posts if it is flying right next to them. If the object is further away than the posts are, I suppose that would indicate that the length of the object is greater than the diameter of one of the posts.

As for the luminosity of the object, I don't know whether it is more likely to be reflected light from the stadium or something else. Anyone know anything about that?

We can probably rule out insect, unless we can find a bug that is at least a foot or two long, in other words, one that would be visible at a distance from the camera at least equal to that of the goal posts.

The most likely conventional explanation that might fit seems to be "bird". We should ask, though, aside from the fact that it appears to be flying, what other characteristics does the object share with a bird? Would a bird, if it were all white, reflect light in this manner? To me the object seems to be very bright; bright enough to make me question whether or not stadium lights reflecting off feathers would look like that. Maybe someone who is better informed on such things can further illuminate this possibility for us.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Anybody ever play disc golf? I'm not really very good, mind you, but depending on how the disc is shaped, how it is held and thrown, you can achieve little dives and dips. Some of the pros can do all sorts of tricks in flight and throw it extremly far; throwing into the wind can produce some weird effects too. When I first saw the vid that was what i was reminded of. Also not ruling out a plastic bag either, just reminded me of Frolf.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
WOW, i was at that game but i was not looking up at the sky! Dang it, I've never seen a UFO and i missed my first one!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ok, I watched the vedio and it has to be a trash bag. Ive seen trash bags fly in that stadium before and it looks and acts just like that. It looks like its in the park and its not that high up. Nearly eye level from where i sit in the stands. I did not see any UFO and i really thing it was "trash"

but dont take it from me, i was only there

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Two things I've been seeing a lot lately in this forum.

1.)

Originally posted by Genophage
Saw this video while browsing through Youtube,

2.) Videos of videos playing on tv screens.

These things seem to be on the rise lately.
Kind of makes me wonder why.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Looks like a bird to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

If you dont like threads with videos in them...dont post in them
some people like videos..such as myself..so i thought id share a video with those who like them as well. i understand it is a video of a video....but its a video of a news broadcast...so i thought that was interesting.

hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

A piece of trash...

I really hope all the people combined that think it is trash equal to less than 1% of this websites population.

Explain yourself,

1. That must be some very strong wind to make it go up some three hundred feet up in the air, and to keep it sustained, but the womans har isnt blowing, so we can scratch out wind.

How is it trash? There is no other way it could be trash other than it being pushed by wind. WAIT! Its held together by a string!!

And, how is it glowing? Dont use the satelite scenario where its reflection from the sun lol..

Who ever thinks this is trash, please reply and explain how it is

And do you know how big lets say a chips bag is from that far away, you cant even see it, that must be as big as an oil drum that far away. Thats a big piece of trash.
edit on 12-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
reply to post by WhoDat09

A piece of trash...

I really hope all the people combined that think it is trash equal to less than 1% of this websites population.

Explain yourself,

1. That must be some very strong wind to make it go up some three hundred feet up in the air, and to keep it sustained, but the womans har isnt blowing, so we can scratch out wind.

How is it trash? There is no other way it could be trash other than it being pushed by wind. WAIT! Its held together by a string!!

And, how is it glowing? Dont use the satelite scenario where its reflection from the sun lol..

Who ever thinks this is trash, please reply and explain how it is

If you read what i wrote i was at that game! near eye level and trash blows around there all the time. there is a slight wind vortex over the field but you would not feel it in the stants. thats why you dont see here hair moving.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Wind vortex and wind blowing gigantic pieces of trash at eye level from the almost highest floor of the stadium....

Are you ok?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Lets keep this clean guys...

ok so far we have trash...which is plausible but as an earlier poster said...the object is moving against the wind (notice the positioning of the flags in the begining of the video.)

then we have a bird..which is also plausible due to the fact the stadium is located next to the ocean ...but the object seems to glow..doesnt really look like its reflecting light if you ask me (you would think you would see some bird like features if it had that much light directed at it..especially wing movement)

so far i think the bird argument has the most weight to it...

i know for a fact that UFO's exist...the only question i have is.. our they ours or not.

i dont feel that there is a way to prove what exactly this object is...but feel free to keep on sluggin' it out..hope you all enjoyed the video.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
lol flying rubbish..yeah right. Ufo are more real than any rubbish/bird/cgi/swamp gas/bush/hittler/religion/race/ants/walruses and buses. Wake up to yourselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u

Wind vortex and wind blowing gigantic pieces of trash at eye level from the almost highest floor of the stadium....

Are you ok?

I WAS AT THE F***ING GAME! THERE WERE NO UFO'S! Its a trash bag. the wind comes in and creats an up draft and thats what you see! where you there?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Calm down man...we hear you..but were you really staring up at the sky or were you watching players run bases?
edit on 12-9-2011 by Genophage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I HAVE seen trash bags blow in the wind..

I have NEVER in my 30 years of my whole time being alive have i seen trash bags fly that high and trash bags fly all over the place, usually no more than 1 foot off the ground, and since its a trash bag, its not going to go straight...I hope i dont have to explain myself why it wont go straight

<< 1    3 >>

join