It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tom1701

Thankfully, your type of thinking is in the minority - otherwise we would have blown ourselves and the whole world to hell a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Perhaps if there was a siginificant atrocity in the US every three months involving the killing of 3000+ innocent victims, people may take a different view.

A innocent life is a life, a child is a child, a Mother is a Mother and a Father is a Father no matter where they live or what colour of skin they have.

I think that everyone who has suffered a loss during this entire war on terror debacle has the right to mourn and remember those they lost.

If America chooses to mourn their victims on 9/11 that's fine and those poor souls should never be forgotten but neither should the hundreds of thousands of other innocent victims.

People can often become detatched to suffering due to the vast distances involved. Yet if Iraqi, Afghan and American mothers who had lost young children, husbands, sons etc actually stood side by side to mourn their losses the distance and detatchments would dissapear.

I pray for every soul lost, no matter where they are from but I do wonder if ATS would ever consider closing down the site in respect to those lost in another Homeland.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I've never seen so much sh# in one thread.

What you people are trying to say(you know who I mean) is that if a couple of people (the terrorists) kill a few thousand people AN WHOLE COUNTRY needs to pay? get real, you make me sick.

Do you really think our goverment is out there hunting for terrorists? How naieve. Look at the countless innocents, children, women and a like probably even animals that have died since that day.

oh yeah... most of you think they are terrorists anyway - wouldn't be surprised if you did

oh yes, 9/11 was a very sad day and I feel extremely sorry for those that have lost someone during that horrible time however, what makes this any different from an american or british plane dropping bombs constantly on iraqi, afgani and libyan villages/towns and cities? Innocent people are dying all around us because we are too blind and immature to wake up.
edit on 12/9/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Roughly 3000 innocent people were killed in a couple of hours. Where did this happen in Afghanistan or Iraq? They were killed in a dastardly terrorist attack(whoever actually did it). Innocent men and women in a city and country that were "at peace". We have every right to mourn their passing.

Wow. So it actually matters how fast it takes for the maximum number of people to die for you? Are you even f****** serious...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.
The OP's title more than suggests that they should not be mourned. Then there is this travesty of a line.....

IMO 9/11 should be a day of shame rather than mourning.
I wonder if the op is man enough to go to New York and actually say that.

F*** yea I would tell it straight to anybodies face if they asked me. And you better take it the hell lightly mate.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

But.... Is there more reason to mourn these 3000 more than the more than 100.000 Afghanis? They are just as innocent victims of 9/11 as those 3000.

You asked, "Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11".

No one is suggesting that ANY innocent person's death is not tragic. If 100,000 innocent Afghan civilians were killed, then that is also tragic. I do not believe that the United States is responsible for all 100,000 deaths, however. If we were not there at all, I wonder how many would have died. Of course, we can never know. Maybe, just maybe, we have PREVENTED more deaths by being there? It's all speculation.

Personally, I would like to see our troops come home. Enough is enough.

But you are not so naive that you can't understand that this is the ANNIVERSARY of the death of 3,000 people who died in one massive event. Obviously that is going to be significant, and a news story.

Yeah that should make sense. Maybe we have avoided MORE deaths by GOING to WAR.

YEA! MAN I CAN SEE IT! IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We should mourn that since 9/11 we have lost a lot of jobs and money causing a more chaotic situation in the US. I bet drug sales and welfare has tripled. The whole thing #ed up our country and whether it was false flag or not our leadership has lead us down a path of destruction.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

Worst part of it all is that the terrorists were funded by the usa and right up to the day (911) bin ladin was an american asset. Maybe thats why when it it happpened and the usa was grounded, hunting for bin ladin. The bin ladin family were flown safely home to the saudi. By american secret servises.

edit on 12-9-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701
The OP hasn't a clue.....

Maybe we'll stop killing them when they stand up and tell their own people to stop the acts of terrorism. I will not shed one tear for any of those who were justifiably killed in any middle eastern country...

The only problem is we should have nuke'd them on 9/13.....and did away with a couple of million of them....

Wow, just wow!

Thank you for giving me a prime example of how twisted and hatefull it is possible to get.
You're saying there hasn't been enough killing. So more than 100.000 innocent civillians had it coming just because they share the same belief as a few insane extremists? Genocide is the way you say, but me and hopefully many others say that human life has the same worth everywhere.

That's like saying muslims should kill Glen Beck because he is instigating violence against them , and if we can't find him we'll kill everyone that's christian.
I'm not a big fan of religion myself, but I do realise that most religious people are really just like myself, and they don't want anything more out of life than myself.
But a few of those religious people get it all twisted up dont they? They get started killing people that doesn't share their choice of invisible friends. And in this small altercation of believers in invisible friends 3000 US civilians+6000 US soldiers has been killed. 3000 were killed in a horrific attack on US soil, 6000 was killed in the following occupation. Allready this seems to me rather puzzling, how is revenge working? How should it be working?

Should other measures be used rather than war?
If the US on 9/11 had done what George Bush said, "Hunt down the enemy", things would look quite different.
Instead the US started two wars earning them the collective hate of the Muslim world and in part the western world, why?
USA had the chance on 9/11 to show the world that it indeed was the land of the free and the home of the brave, but they chose revenge, hatred and murder unfortunately.

BTW: Read a book for christsake. History maybe.....
edit on 12-9-2011 by SkurkNilsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Does anyone know of a source that provides information on the number of people who were trapped in the top 29 stories of the south tower?

psik

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701
The OP hasn't a clue.....

Maybe we'll stop killing them when they stand up and tell their own people to stop the acts of terrorism. I will not shed one tear for any of those who were justifiably killed in any middle eastern country...

The only problem is we should have nuke'd them on 9/13.....and did away with a couple of million of them....

On 9/13 we did not know who to nuke. So, I disagree there. However, I might have agreed with dropping a neutron bomb on mecca, or qom. Followed by the warning that ANY OTHER TERROR ATTACK would be followed by a full out nuclear strike on mecca and the tearing down of the dome of the rock so that the Israelis could rebuild their temple. I dislike halfhearted wars. If we are going to have a war, then let's do it. These police actions accomplish nothing and never have. I offer Korea, Vietnam, the Balkans, Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan as evidence. IMO, the neutron strike would have delivered the message that we are not pussy footing around and will not stand for anymore BS. The path we have chosen has had the opposite effect. We see where that has gotten us.

ETA: Lest "Corruption Exposed" consider this a call on my part to eliminate some nation, note that I still have not called for that. Just the destruction of 1 religious site holy to my enemy, and one attack on another site holy to the same group where people would have died(though less than in the current series of campaigns); BUT a serious message would have been set which I believe would have made most muslims unwilling to risk their cities and possibly caused the so called "moderate muslims" to begin to contain their fanatical brethren. That, or the real war, the struggle between two antithetical civilizations, would have been taken out of the shadows and
fought until a true conclusion.
edit on 12-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

BUT a serious message would have been set

It sure would have. It would have, for once and for all, shown the World that you are an arse.

For goodness sake, I can't believe people are actually spouting this sort of hateful garbage.
It really is horrible that there are people who think like this and who are so hell bent on vengeance at any cost that they would undertake such an act.

Forgiveness and policies of Peace and Tolerance are the only things that will save us from ourselves, but unfortunately I realise I'm idealistic and the majority are wishful war-mongering, ignorant purveyors of death and hatred like the poster I quoted.

Same on you, shame on you.

Oh, I get it: "They did it to us, so we are going to do it to them". Rinse and repeat. I get tired of all this hate.
edit on 12-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

How many have died because of BP, Chevron, Exxon, etc? And I don't just mean humans, I am talking all life which is precious.

or 2009 6 dead, 6 missing, 150 injured

www.youtube.com...

or 2011 1400 deaths

www.youtube.com...

Thousands of deaths

www.youtube.com...

And that is just a very small sampling of the atrocities of the abuse of life.

Like I said before, we all have the blood of the innocent on our hands, we are washed in the blood of the innocent. WHERE is our empathy, compassion and mourning for these innocent people?

I don't see it here or ANYWHERE in my day to day life, what I do see is bit$%ing about how expensive oil is, or food, or clothing, and everything we "want". It's time to stop it people. It is past time for all of us to recognize that each and every time for example, we get in our vehicles and drive, we are complicit in the murder of innocent lives. Each and every time we buy a plastic container of water we are paying someone ELSE to murder the innocent for us just so we can get our plastic fix. And sadly it is everywhere in everything we do. Our food is fertilized with products made from oil, so every time we sit down to eat, we are being complicit in the murder of the innocent.

The way we live, is the way of death. We can change it, we can move on to a way of life which does not destroy life.

So yes, mourn those who died on 9/11, I do, but I certainly do not forget for one moment that we have become the problem. I mourn for everyone who does not understand this, as they do not understand that the way we live keeps us swimming in the blood of the innocent. I mourn for those few who DO understand this, as it will take far more than just a few to make the changes we need to make, and those few who do see it, feel the pain, feel empathy while feeling helpless to make any large scale change.

Blood Diamonds
Deforestation
Human rights violations
Big food corporations
Big oil
Big banks
Big Corporations
and the list continues so I can't even think of all the horrible destruction of which we are all complicit in every single moment of every single day. It's mind boggling, it makes my mind want to shut down and pretend it isn't happening.

All in the name of profit, all in the name of affordable "things", humanity and life destroyed.

Roughly 150,000 people a day die.
1 out of every 113 people in the world died last year
1.78 deaths per second
107 deaths per minute
6,390 deaths per hour
153,000 deaths per day
56.0 million deaths per year
3.9 billion deaths per average lifetime (70 years)

So what is 3000 in comparison? Not much, as everyone of us live in a world that we have helped create which lives on the backs of the innocent. Go ahead, go buy that new gadget in your car, but as you do, I challenge you to stop for one single moment and ask, who am I complicit in killing for this item? Is this item worth more than a life?

I'm not surprised that the majority seem to ignore this truth. For the moment we realize what we have become is the moment we realize we are murderers. We don't do it ourselves, oh no, we hire someone else to do our dirty work, we hire the corporation to do our dirty work. We hire them by buying their products. If we all refused to buy their products, then we would not be hiring them to commit murder for us.

No wonder we are all becoming selfish and narcissistic, how else would we be able to survive the truth? For if we allowed ourselves to feel empathy for what we are complicit in, we would have to make real changes in the way we live. Take ONE SECOND, and truly feel for all the deaths YOU are complicit in every day of your life. Most of us can't, for the moment we do, we lose our minds.

Shame on us! Shame on what we have allowed ourselves to become when we have the ability to be so so far much more.

I usually sign "Harm None" "Peace" while recognizing that in the world we have created, that seems to be an impossibility. It is not impossible, but it will take a true awakening of humanity to change, and not just a few, but of many, and not just speaking the words, but working to LIVE IN those words.

Wake up! Who's death have you been complicit in today?

You have been challenged! Are you up to it?

Or do we, each and everyone of us already have so much blood on our hands that for our own momentary sanity we cannot?

OP, I apologize if you feel I have taken your thread off track, it struck a cord within me, and I had to speak.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
^ thank you.
You expressed, more eloquently, how I feel.
I try, in my small way, to make a difference and yet despair that I'm not going to.

This is a sad, sad, brutal, disgusting world that we have created and I agree, we are all culpable.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join