It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enchanted Forest of Orrius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The Enchanted Forest of Orrius

I came across an article in Spanish that I want to share with you.
It's about a forest in Orrius, in the region of Barcelona Spain.
Legend has it that the place is enchanted.
What's interesting is the actual forest itself, the many stone figures that are found within.
Some of them look like Olmec head's.

It looks like an interesting place to visit.

In the province of Barcelona lies one of the most magical and mysterious places in the peninsula, Orrius forest. Going into this forest, which for many is haunted, is like stepping into a magical world of legends, of strange figures carved in stone, goblins, and even mysterious covens.

Following the forest trail, we will find different figures carved in rock, from a giant elephant, to heads of people who try to emulate the head's of the Maya, including a moai (the big heads we can find in the Chilean Easter Island).

www.dondeviajamos.com...

In this one we can see the Elephant.

It is said that the architects of these sculptures were local artists and we can see their signature on a stone near the Elephant. He speculates that these sculptures would like to convey some sort of cryptic message as two different rocks were chosen, then he carved the two images on the same stone, this leads us to believe in the importance and it’s attachment to the mythological thinking spatial boundaries with special deities of bounds, like the Roman god of boundaries, Janus, the deity of the entrances and exits, doors and beginnings : the first month of the year (Ianua ~ rius, January). Among the Greeks Hermes was the god of boundaries: "At the crossroads, at the gates of the cities and houses in the locks, Hermes takes the limit of the places the border of domains ..." was also the protector of the roads and the god of the crossroads. Perhaps these figures are just at the entrance of the road for this reason, or maybe its coincidence ... The elephant also has its symbols as a symbol of strength and power, not only physically but also mentally and spiritually. Yoga assimilates the chakra Muladhara, earth element, the domain of real focus on the directions of terrestrial space.

This is the name of the artist carved in rock

It seem's the place has also been subject of satanic ritual as remains of animal's have been found.

I find this forest to be amazing and the best thing it's not even an hour from where I am

So i'll have to take a look sometime!

Here's more pic's

I've alway's been interested in urban legend's, this forest has a legend about Gnomes or Dwarf's, which I think is pretty cool.

Here we can see a strange rock with a tiny door, inside the rock you can fit a few persons.

Might be where these little guy's roam!

I would have liked to post more information but I cant find any at the moment.
Maybe when I visit if I do, i'll post more information.

Peace all.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Looks like a really neat place. I love hollow rocks, actually I have a strange affinity and love of all rocks. I wish i owned an area with a big rock to carve or hollow out!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Apparently the artist's who carved the figures didnt want any type of publicity.
One of them, still lives in a town near me, apparently.

There's also talk of Ufo sighting's.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Apparently the artist's who carved the figures didnt want any type of publicity.
One of them, still lives in a town near me, apparently.

There's also talk of Ufo sighting's.

Would love to hear more of the folklore and stories of the are, I had never heard of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
interesting topic and good thread. is that a troll in the last picture ?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Would love to hear more of the folklore and stories

Me too. I've found a documentary in Spanish that i'll watch tomorow to get more info hopefully on the folkelore

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Animal sacrifices are not necessarily [historically] satanic worship.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I would think trolls are bigger.

The pic actually looks like a dwarf to me, but maybe that's just me.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Animal sacrifices are not necessarily [historically] satanic worship.

Not necessarily. Could be and possibly associated with Wicca.

Would love to find out more info on that aswell.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Im going to the enchanted forest this sunday and im gona take pic's.

I'll post them sunday night if anyone is interested.

new topics

top topics

join