It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama speaks at ground zero on 9/11 tenth anniversary recites Psalm 46

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by plube

That verse is more actually borrowed from the Hebrew Bible word to word - Psalm 46

edit on 11-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .
Except this line:

"... though the earth do change..."
He definitely did not say that. I rather wish he had.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Bush has always seemed aloof in my opinion.

Obama surprised me today though. Just days ago, he delivered a superb sales speech regarding the proposed job bill. Today, not even a glimmer of that man existed. I know he needed to be very mindful of his tone given the nature of the 9/11 events, but he couldn't have acted with some compassion.

While watching his job speech, I couldn't help but notice Hillary and Michele's facial reactions, or lack thereof. Both had their heads down, both looked defeated and both barely clapped during his applause.

Could it be just that, they know they are defeated? My gut tells me no. Hillary has been at this her whole life, she is a professional. Michele is the devoted wife. I've never seen her look so sad and distraught at such a pivotal time.

As I mentioned before, it could be the mind's programming of the tragedies of 9/11, but combine those two things together and it is weird to say the least.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To be honest, this gave me chills, especially when I saw President Bush's reaction to President Obama's choice of quoting scripture.

What does it all mean? Very interesting...
edit on 11-9-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Edited for content...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc
Sounds to me like he is referring to a future disaster.

I believe he may well have been. I was looking for another 'significant' message that contained a 'number', I think you may have shown me it.

Thanks.

st.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Thanks for the clarification, I also just saw the member's comments above regarding the other translation. I looked that specific psalm up several times to try to be sure, but I missed it. Seriously, I am glad to know that it wasn't a mess-up.

I am not a "hater" of Obama at all.
You really didn't think it was odd that he didn't say anything "from the heart" to the survivors of those that gave their lives fighting for our country?

I'm sure just like many of us here on ATS, their were many mourners there today that may still be struggling with the facts surrounding the events of 9/11.

I lost my mother 7 years ago and I still question the reasons for her death, the hospital, my dad and even myself. It is human nature to question everything and everyone when you lose a loved one and I really think Obama or Bush, could have been somewhat more compassionate and warm to those men, woman and children that are probably still trying to make sense of the whole thing.

Regardless of anyone's feelings about Obama, he is our leader and I want him to lead. In happy times and sad times. I didn't feel any leadership today and the country needs it now more than ever. Normally he doesn't miss a chance to say something poignant, so I have to stick with my feelings on this one.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Bloomberg stated weeks ago that only poems and quotes were going to be read. According to him, "This is not a time for politics," so speeches were not going to be allowed.

I thought that we a pretty lame excuse myself. I think a more likely explanation is that none of these "men" WANTED to say anything more than that. They just wanted to get this thing done and get the hell out of there.
edit on 11-9-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
the translation i gave was one with the earth shall be removed...and there is another translation....

>
American King James Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the middle of the sea;

3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

5God is in the middle of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he has made in the earth.

9He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and cuts the spear in sunder; he burns the chariot in the fire.

10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

so it could be the version of the particular bible of where he was quoting....

I am trying to keep shut on this Memorial day as if one is to speak against it as doubter into the whole affair it seems one is deemed heartless.....shame that is...i guess TPTB are winning yet again with the help of the mass media....

This is not just a sad day for the victims...it is a sad day in the war against the Machine....Once again it gets rubbed into the faces of the people as the elite suck the lives from our souls.....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I am trying to keep shut on this Memorial day as if one is to speak against it as doubter into the whole affair it seems one is deemed heartless

You are absolutely right and I am humbled. I am sending my gratitude your way for bringing me "back to myself".

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thinking out loud here......

Is there some kind of message in that psalm reading? Could there be a hidden message of what is to come?

1 God is a place of trust and strength. Since He has always exceedingly proved his help, He may be depended on in dire straits. Verses 1-3 constitute the first stanza, which portrays the security of God's people even when the foundations of the earth are shaken.2
2 The convulsions of nature, the earthquake that throws the mountains into the sea, the roaring of the waves, the cataclysm of the tidal wave - these phenomena as well as any commotions and revolutions in the political world need not shake the one who trusts in God. God is a proven refuge.2
3 The mountains shake with the swelling thereof represents the pride and haughtiness of insolent foes3. The word Selah here marks the close of the first stanza.2
4 A river is a beautiful figure of God's protection. It represents a state of calm security in sharp contrast with the wild ocean of v.3. The second stanza (vs. 4-7) depicts the peace of the city of God, while all that is outside her walls is in a state of uproar. Streams probably picturing canals leading from the river to water gardens and dwellings. God's protection is dispensed freely through innumerable channels. The streams shall give the city of God great occasion for rejoicing and thanksgiving.4 The city of God or Jerusalem was where God was represented as having His place of abode. In David's day the ark, the symbol of God's presence, was housed in a temporary dwelling or tabernacle.2
5 With God being in the midst of the city it has a firm or sure foundation. God will help and protect the city at dawn when the morning makes its appearance.2
6 The nations raged against God and His people. When God spake to them in His wrath the inhabitants of the earth were consumed.4
7 This verse is the refrain to the second stanza (see v. 11). The refrain sounds the keynote of the psalm. God is Lord of the heavenly bodies and angels. The God of Jacob is on our side. His presence is terror to our enemies, safety to us. The word Selah marks the end of the second stanza.2,3
8 The third stanza (vs. 8-11) portrays God's power manifested in His dominion over the mighty movements of nations, and the sublimity of His serene exaltation above them. God destroyed those who were vexatious to His people.4
9 God has brought about a firm and well grounded peace. The usual weapons of war as well as those using them are brought to an end.3,4
10 God himself spoke the sublime words be still and know that I am God. Here God tells the nations to stir no more against His people. He is the only true God; their gods are but dumb and impotent idols. God will make Himself glorious by His great and wonderful works.4
11 This verse is the refrain to the third stanza.2
Just the first thing I ran across...I will be digging deeper.

Source of translation (Note: I am not of any faith). www.bibleinsong.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

There could be a hidden message.
But there isn't one.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

This is a bit creepy. Obama is standing on a rebuilt temple (of sorts) that gives tribute to past sacrifices, proclaiming "Know that I am God." Yikes. This sounds like a very familiar scene described in the bible.

It sounds like the abomination of desolation speech, even though its disguised as reading a quote from the bible.
edit on 11-9-2011 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah, this was certainly the strangest moment of the ceremony. Bush's speech was pretty good in comparison - they all were, but this was just creepy - as people keep saying. In fact I found this point of the memorial really disappointing, that all he could/would say was a quote from the Bible, and nothing else. It seemed to undermine the victims and their families IMO.

God had nothing to do with the events surrounding 9/11 or those succeeding it, Governments and individuals did. It would seem appropriate to leave Bible verses to the Priests or what have you, and as a President, offer some slightly more comforting words for a 21st century nation. Take Prince of Wales speech here in the UK, it was very well thought out, well read and it actually meant something about the situation in question.

Obama's speech certainly didn't offer myself who has no Religious standing any kind of hope or relief. And typically being an ATS user as soon as "Earth be removed" was said it instantly triggered ideas about an up-coming event. But what the hey. I feel it's more the awkwardness of this speech that was a problem, rather than the content. Nice thread though. Slightly calmer than the GLP one

He did have more normal things to say elsewhere today though, it would seem...

"We've known war and recession; passionate debates and political divides. We can never get back the lives that were lost on that day, or the Americans who made the ultimate sacrifice in the wars that followed.

"Yet today, it is worth remembering what has not changed," he said.

Article: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11-9-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

When they have a massive planet called 'The Destroyer' hurtling towards ya, your mind isn't on past activities. It's on future ones.

Nibiru bombed this thread. And hey, it may end up being true. Or YU55, FEMA drills and all.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Isn't the 'city of God' Jerusalem?

More than just the Jacob references to Israel.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Here is Obama mocking the Bible.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I joined an im still trying to figure out how to post in the intro threads. but just wanted to see if any one else noticed that this speach was very i mean very similar to the one he gave at the gifford thing earlier this year> look it up same passage from bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join