It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama speaks at ground zero on 9/11 tenth anniversary recites Psalm 46

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Skip to 2:18 in the video where Obama recites Psalm 46

Psalm 46-

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present a help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. (Selah)
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of the city; b it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning dawns.
6 The nations are in an uproar, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. c (Selah)
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord; see what desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.
10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth."
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. d (Selah)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Interesting choice of passages to pick to read. Sounds to me like he is referring to a future disaster.

Don't miss George W. Bush's face at the end, can't tell if he looks troubled, worried about something or genuinely bored with what is happening.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did everyone notice that they had bulletproof glass cages and they were inside them the entire time. Are they scared?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

Bush's face at the end appeared as if it was a sigh of relief...and the inward thought (perhaps) that on this day, 10 years ago, he was playing god.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Oh yeah I saw that too. Somewhat understandable level of security. Probably couldn't clear all the surrounding buildings.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc
Interesting choice of passages to pick to read. Sounds to me like he is referring to a future disaster.

Don't miss George W. Bush's face at the end, can't tell if he looks troubled, worried about something or genuinely bored with what is happening.

i've had the same thoughts when i seen the video...
as for the face of george w. bush at the end of the video... that was a picture of a thousand words!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
hmm, what the, very strange scripture to read indeed, what happened to seperation of church and state? lol, yeah right. It doesnt worry me, I'm not an atheist, but these frauds clearly dont seem to fear the Abrahamic GOD.

In the minute of silence Bush looks like hes trying hard to put on a serious face, his wife is half smiling like a total moron, and Obama seem to have a bit of a smirk on his face. The last shot of Bush, it looks like hes thinking, hmm if that scripture is true I'm farked and at the same time thinking oh gee that Obama guy can actually read while all I did as pres was talk(and look) like a dyslexic chimp, and then he thinks of his own treacherous lies again just for a quick second and thinks omg I allowed my zionist/occultist pals to kill all these people on my watch.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I know the mind will see what it wants to see but even without knowing anything about the events of 9/11/01, I believe that would have come off as a bit odd. Even if you had been living under a rock and had never heard of Obama or Bush or the premise of the speech, you would have watched that and thought it was awkward. It was uncomfortable for me to sit through.

IMO and having gone to Catholic school for many years, I could think of numerous other passages from the Bible that Obama could have chosen that would have been less gloomy and maybe more appropriate for the situation.

Obama seemed stiff, cold and awkward. Bush had the same look on his face as when he was sitting in that classroom and was first told about the WTC being hit.

The whole thing has actually got me a bit uneasy. Anyone else feel the same?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Obama: Christian, Muslim and a member of the Illuminati... and what says the Bible?

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

And he quote verse 8 like God is doing worse things on earth, but He isn't it. It is the N.W.O. playing with H.A.A.R.P. But Obama forgotten what Psalm 2 says:
Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

edit on 11/9/11 by OldHag because: Ja raad dat maar

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; 3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. (Selah)
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of the city; b it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning dawns.
6 The nations are in an uproar, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts.

Yep.

This certainly sounds like a "prepare for a horrific false flag attack in the near future" warning to me.

Also interesting to note that Jacob is renamed "Israel" by an angel in Genesis 32:28-29 and that the name "Israel" can be translated as "God contended".

29 And he said: 'Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel; for thou hast striven with God and with men, and hast prevailed.'

Not intending to be "anti-semitic", but whats Israel got to do with 9/11 in your speech today, Obama?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

"...though the earth should change..."

2:30 on the video: Anybody notice that he said, "...even though the Earth be removed..." in place of the above quote???

Does anyone know if there is an alternate translation of the Bible he may have been quoting?

Also, he didn't say he was quoting the Bible. He started out with "God is our refuge..." and I thought at first it was his own speech (his own words.) Then I picked up on the Bible-sound of it and had to assume it was a passage. He never said.

The creepiest thing to me was near the end of the speech, following a 'pregnant pause' he looks out amongst the crowd and says (...quotes?) "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the Earth." (around 3:40 in the vid.)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think all four look terrefied for their lives, and they were all trying to stay calm while wanting to get backstage asap.

I think Bush didnt want to be there, was fearing for his life literally, and wanted to be doing anything but that, at that time.

Bot women had their eyes open and were just trying to get past the moment and not have a dead husband in the next minute or so.

IMHO

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

The whole thing has actually got me a bit uneasy. Anyone else feel the same?

Yes. The whole thing seemed...farcical and disingenuous. And both the POTUS and former President seemed oddly disassociated with the scope of what was actually happening around them. Like their minds were simply on other matters or - even more unthinkable - they just didn't care? And does it seem odd to anyone else that the President had nothing to say in addition to reading Scripture? Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian but it seems that Obama could have supplemented his reading with a few of his own words? Perhaps even display SOME vestige of personal sentiment? He struck me as stoic and dispassionate, as usual.
edit on 11-9-2011 by followtheevidence because: grammar

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the Earth." (around 3:40 in the vid.)

He speaks like a muslim straight for the antichrist who soon will coming! Just like John the Baptist did for Jesus Christ!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Good catch! I had to re-watch it it to pick that up. Odd place to mess up, isn't it?
"Even thought the Earth shall have changes" to "Even though the earth shall be removed".

Being such an expert at delivering prepared speeches and given that it is maybe the most tragic day in US history, you would think our president (who ratings are in the crapper) would deliver the speech of his life.

And with everything going on in the world, he sure chose a good time to fumble his words.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not sure but it could be he was quoting from this version

>
Webster's Bible Translation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will we not fear, though the earth shall be removed, and though the mountains shall be carried into the midst of the sea;

3 Though its waters shall roar and be disturbed, though the mountains shake with the swelling of it. Selah.

4 There is a river, the streams of which shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.

5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9 He maketh wars to cease to the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear asunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I actually think the Psalm is appropriately solemn for the event. I also think that Obama, who wasn't President during 9/11, has no business giving his own personal thoughts on the subject, and the Psalm says everything for itself. Here:

Originally posted by Cybermerc

Clearly, speaking to the people who are sad they have lost victims on 9/11 and also speaking to everyone who is going through turmoil even up til now because of the wars.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. (Selah)

That doesn't sound like a warning to me - I think he is referring to 9/11 as the 'earth changing mountain shaking' event.

A reference to heaven, where any Christian hopes the 9/11 victims went. As well as the victims of the wars in the ME.

Yeah, the world is in an uproar right now, a lot because of our intervention in the Middle East, which directly relates to 9/11.

7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. c (Selah)

Again, comfort for the victims/victim's families.

8 Come, behold the works of the Lord; see what desolations he has brought on th
e earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.
10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth."

Saying that God is the cause of all things, that we should remember His presence in the good and the bad times. I think that is very fitting.

11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. d (Selah)

And again with the comfort for the grieving and those who are gone.

Honestly, I think this was a thoughtful choice on his part, and since he is Christian, I bet he picked it himself. It is solemn but comforting and reminds us that although the world is a pretty dreadful place sometimes, everything is here for a reason and that reason is God. I like it. I don't think it's a warning. I bet Bush had a weird look on his face because he is thinking about how guilty he is that he messed up the world and caused all the turmoil which Obama is referencing in the Psalm.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by harlot7

Being such an expert at delivering prepared speeches and given that it is maybe the most tragic day in US history, you would think our president (who ratings are in the crapper) would deliver the speech of his life.

Or maybe because this isn't about him, it's about the victims of 9/11, he decided it was more appropriate to not make a speech. And also, just so you know, there are many translations of the Bible, and Obama just used a different translation. It's not a 'word fumble'.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

That verse is more actually borrowed from the Hebrew Bible word to word - Psalm 46

edit on 11-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldHag

Originally posted by new_here

"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the Earth." (around 3:40 in the vid.)

He speaks like a muslim straight for the antichrist who soon will coming! Just like John the Baptist did for Jesus Christ!

Yes, and it still bothers me that he never looks 'into our eyes' --meaning, the camera, of course. He is the only pres I can remember who never seems to 'look us in the eyes.' His head swivels right to left, reminds me of a manikin. LoL. I try to catch a glimpse of his eyes every time I see him give a speech. They seem to have no "shine" to them, but it's hard to be sure because they dart by so fast. Is he a robot?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join