It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found Illuminati/FEMA Camps references while playing in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If you played the original Deus Ex from a decade ago you would know the entire plot line of the game series is based on Illuminati - Knights Templar - UN conspiracy theories. There are tons and tons of theories weaved into the story line, with it's own unique take on the whole thing.

Also since it is a sci-fi future setting, they discuss issues like transhumanism, cybernetic augmentation, artificial intelligence, etc. It's incredibly philosophical.

It also goes into political theory and offers various perspectives of what the designers think might be possible. The system of government is totalitarian and authoritarian, and it is a complete police state. It is called "Cyber-Punk", as it depicts a Dystopian future revolving around computer technology and how it can be used to control or free the human spirit.

And even though most people hated Deus Ex 2 "Invisible War", I found it rather interesting personally.

I would recommend playing through 1 and 2 before trying part 3 although part 3 is a prequel I believe and happens before the events of 1 or 2 and does not involve the protagonists from the first 2 installments.

Right, we get that. Why does it matter? .

The possibility of it all coming to fruition. Does that not raise an alarm for you?
We are heading into a new technological age with a full blown police state apparatus becoming omnipresent, the references simply give those who aren't aware an advanced subconscious warning, which they will eventually think out the context and question the validity if they are intelligent enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

No easter eggs are novelties hidden away for the player to find which are not mentioned up front.

A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in a work such as a computer program, web page, video game, movie, book or crossword.

wiki

This is not being hidden. The game is about Illuminati and conspiracies. It's the plot.

Easter eggs are hidden away. None of this is hidden.

Here are actual Easter Eggs in Deus Ex 3

They are novelties hidden away. This conspiracy talk is not hidden away , its put out in the front and intended to be viewed by everyone and recognized for what it is immediately.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

No easter eggs are novelties hidden away for the player to find which are not mentioned up front.

A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in a work such as a computer program, web page, video game, movie, book or crossword.

wiki

This is not being hidden. The game is about Illuminati and conspiracies. It's the plot.

They are novelties hidden away. This conspiracy talk is not hidden away , its put out in the front and intended to be viewed by everyone and recognized for what it is immediately.

Robo Cop easter egg was my favourite (:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Has Slayer69 posted yet? He would know, I think he loves this game

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

wiki

I really had respected you as an intellectual being before right now, and it's sad I have to discuss it over a video game. How trite and cheap.

Some things are hidden behind a wall. Some are hidden underground. Some are hidden with a puzzle. Some are hidden behind a trap.

If you are playing the game, and you know nothing about the background, it's meaning is hidden to you. While your average sheeple can listen to that and it doesn't even register, someone who is at least familiar with the topic might relate. Some may even chuckle because they think it is absurd.

There is a term called, "Hidden in plain sight."

It would be a far fetched theory to think that someone was smart enough to get to a point where they could make a video game popular enough to careen into a trilogy, but dumb enough that they couldn't hide something in plain view to attract a minority audience while evading the majority.

ATS doesn't have many critical thinkers...

Let's just define Easter Egg as a physically hidden thing in a virtual world where there are no rules and imagination runs wild. Nevermind having the imagination and insight to improve on an archaic idea. That would be beyond modern man...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Has Slayer69 posted yet? He would know, I think he loves this game

Isn't his avatar Adam Jensen? The main character in Deus Ex.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I consider Deus Ex like a good novel or movie.

Many authors choose to write their information within the context of a fictional setting in order to avoid making enemies or creating too many problems for themselves.

Good examples would be Gulliver's Travels, which was direct political satire and criticized the governments and the social dynamics of human life at the time.

Other great examples are Brave New World or even Nineteen Eighty-Four, Fahrenheit 451, etc.

They are fictional works that seek to bring up specific topics and raise awareness about them in an indirect method.

This is what Deus Ex is, and that is it's purpose in regards to academia.

Also, the other two main purposes of the game are to create a fun interesting game-play experience and to make some money so they can pay their bills. The creators of the title are hitting 3 birds with one stone here.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Deus Ex (abbreviated DX[3] and /ˌdeɪ.əs ˈɛks/ day-əs eks) is an action role-playing game developed by Ion Storm Inc. and published by Eidos Interactive in 2000, which combines gameplay elements of first-person shooters with those of role-playing video games. The game received near-universal critical and industry acclaim, including being named "Best PC Game of All Time" in PC Gamer's Top 100 PC Games[4] and in a poll carried out by UK gaming magazine PC Zone.[5] It was a frequent candidate for and winner of Game of the Year awards,[6][7][8][9] drawing praise for its pioneering designs in player choice and multiple narrative paths.[10][11] It has sold more than 1 million copies, as of April 23, 2009.[12]

wiki

This is one of the most popular and highest rated titles in history. Especially in the shooter-rpg genre.

The target audience is gamers in general, there is no "conspiracy theorist gamer market" they are targeting. This is intended for widespread distribution and the plot is straight-forward and plain for even the dullest knife in the drawer to understand and comprehend.

There is nothing hidden in plain sight. It is all out in the forefront, in the open.

The first game, Deus Ex, was like 70% dialogue and reading people tell you all of the aspects and facets of the conspiracies and how deep it gets.

The storyline is fictional and somewhat unrealistic considering, but it weaves in many parts of real life to make it more reasonable.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I like how there is all this talk about hidden illuminati, yet no mention of the symbol on the top left of your screens. I don't know about anyone else but behind the ATS logo, the bridge support,(or whatever the structure is) is very symmetrical. I am sure that it is purely coincidence though.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
The video game is a simulation on how we can defeat TPTB openly. We just need to learn to augment our bodies, be better than 007, and be stronger than the Incredible hulk... all while using our super top secret invisibility bullet proof nanosuits.

OR

It's just a great way to sell games, market to an audience, get laughs out of another and make money!

If you discover the 'truth' from a video game, you're a real dunce to begin with and couldn't grasp it in the end.

I'm not saying that there hasn't been examples of leaking information in video games, but what does that really give you? Does it confirm or deny allegations? Is it either substantial evidence or circumstantial?

It's 'cool', but ask yourself, was this even worth your time, much less ours?

EDIT:
To play the Devil's Advocate, at the very least, these are nice ways for someone to say "I get it, and I want you to know I get it, so you're not alone."

Still, it's not like you'll take this game in front of a Congressional Comittee and submit it as evidence...

edit on 2011/9/11 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

no it's not 'evidence' per se... but they do Own the conglomorates that publish these titles.. and TV and movies.. and there is a very real prevalence of predictive programming and psychological acclimation towards the 'more-out-there-than-fiction' type of future we'll all experience very soon.

the super powers he's talking about in the video game are NOT far from the superpowers you're being innundated with seeing in every other movie being a super hero movie nowadays.... superheroes = the plurality of the 'christ' or 'illuminated'.. or 'annointed'.... those who are the ONLY ones who stand a chance in subverting the tyrranical 1st itteration of the new world order's rulership... converting it eventually into a mutually beneficial unified global community.....

superheroes and superpowers are not going to be fiction in the near future...
they are the cornerstone of freemasonry and all world religions.....

the 'new world' is going to be just THAt.. a completely new world... not the same old same old with a mean governance... but a completely new existence.. because of humanity's evolution being activated.

i wouldn't brush off media titles like this so abrubtly... sure it's a given it's a way to make a buck.. so is evvvverything you see around you...

that's just an added bonus to the production.... make propaganda... and make money while doing it...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
considering that dues ex was all about government control in a police state, and dues ex revolution is a prequel and yes fema conspiracy in the story line

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My boyfriend noted the FEMA points in this game to me. I don't think its trying to cover anything up. You think of how many people will buy and play this game, if there was a reference to something untoward, someone would figure it out easily. And I doubt "they" would make it that easy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join