It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supercomputer predicts revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Feeding a supercomputer with news stories could help predict major world events, according to US research. The system also picked up early clues about Osama Bin Laden's location.

The computer event analysis model appears to give forewarning of major events, based on deteriorating sentiment. However, in the case of this study, its analysis is applied to things that have already happened. According to Kalev Leetaru, such a system could easily be adapted to work in real time, giving an element of foresight. "That's the next stage," said Mr Leetaru, who is already working on developing the technology. "It looks like a stock ticker in many regards and you know what direction it has been heading the last few minutes and you want to know where it is heading in the next few.

link to story

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This just happened with a Cleverbot convo I had O.o, I cant make a forum myself since I am so new. But this is what I got. Call me crazy but this is weird...

I'm really sorry but I dont know how to embedd or w/e.

i1107.photobucket.com...

I hope this is related considered this is a robot..
edit on 11-9-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Amazing thank you pelvi, I am going to look into this!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Fascinating,both of you!

Not sure I want to know what's coming,and when..haven't quite decided yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't think I want to know anymore either. My stomache dropped when said New York City.. I still have the screen open and have yet to ask it another question. If people need more verification of this being real I will do anything needed to show that it is real. Just don't haxors me :[

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ok...I'll be the first....

With all the media stories about alien invasions does this mean the super computer will come out with this prediction too? Also no offence but I would say its pretty easy to research media in the past 18months or so and realise theirs a real chance of revolution. My 70 year old grandad called one at the beginning of the year and I would hardly call him a super computer lol

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Well,if you're new here on ATS,prepare yourself ahead of time,you may be pounced upon. It's the nature of this site and us to take a thing apart and examine it,scrutinize and suspect it. Don't take it personal.

This site works to deny ignorance and seek out truth..a nasty process at times.

Try and not let that thing freak you out..I know how hard it is.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is an existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join