It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Lantern..A hidden Important message of our times.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I watched the movie 'Green Lantern' and felt compelled to share my insights with fellow compatriots in ATS.

Maybe it was kitsched and cliched for some, as most movie storylines are nowadays, but there is a deeper meaning and message the writer wants to share with as many as possible, and that is to overcoming fear.

Many cliches too on how to handle fear, such as ' nothing to fear except fear itself'. But if you watched the movie, and contemplate later, you will realize a higher level of consciousness on 'fear'.

When the villain of the movie was thrown into the sun, the immortal whom had been claimed by the immortal council of being able to conquer fear itself, was itself in fear when he was finally destroyed.

Fear is pervasive and perennial in all beings. We often fear what tomorrow will bring - food on the table for our loved ones, etc and the greatest fear is death itself, even amongst the bravest of us humans. With fear, it incapicitates us to zero action to make good and succumbing to our fears, go screaming as we slowly die in degrees, instead of taking actions we can manipulate or correct that course while still alive, to take a chance, FEARLESSLY, come what may.

But in the end, we all will die, and it will only be once, as the immortal villain in the movie had.

It is HOW we lived that we humans will be remembered. Even if we are dead, if we had done something worthy and good for our society, we would be remembered eternally, and that's where true immortality lays.

If the villain had gracefully died, he would have been deemed to be truly fearless. But he did not. He died a coward and a failure, by the evil he had done and be eternally remembered as,

Thus, let us all dispel our fears, not in terms of foolhardiness performing foolish and idiotic stunts or harming innocent lives, but LIVING & CHERISHING our lives, worthy of rememberance by generations, a role model for future generations, our mission on Earth this life, so that others will take hope and inspiration from, for their generations, as previous generations of founding fathers had done for us all for our todays, to the day we only mortals will eventually have to pass on, fearlessly.....

I recommend this movie to others for its message, in these dire times...

edit on 11-9-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I suggest you familiarize yourself with The Blackest Night and brightest Day graphic novels for an amazing story about human amd alien will and goodness in dire times

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Something I have also thought of mentioning is that, like in Green Lantern, our planet is protected by a council of entities of higher densities especially 5 and 6 who reside in the 5th density part of Saturn known to us as the rings. Though they are various races, the concept is well expressed in Green Lantern.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As babe Ruth once said:

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die"

Dont know if this has anything to do with fear, but thought it was semi-relevant

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A little fear makes sure I look before I cross the road.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Green Lantern, Thor and Captain America all have these deep blatant messages in them and all came out within the past year.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What struck me about it was the aspect of creating through will, which is what we all do on more subtle levels. Will is usually associated with the solar plexus with a corresponding chakra color of yellow. The fact that the Lantern's color is Green (the heart chakra.) This indicates that it is will combined with the heart. When one does not have that combination one expresses the negative side of that chakra, which is fear.

Now if people would just become conscious to this concept...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by UngoodWatermelon
A little fear makes sure I look before I cross the road.

You may be beginning to grasp the message. Fear is not the point in your statement. The point is that you WILL cross the road, doing all that is neccessary for you to cross it safely, and NOT because of fear, you WILL NOT cross the road.

Sun Tzi, the ancient China's military strategist, once said 'Know your enemy, know yourself. A thousand battles fought, A thousand won'.

In life, we are often besotted with fear that it stops us from advancing, progressing and evolving. But that is only because fear made us all ignorant of facts, sharing and discussing, debating freely without fear or favour and finding better solutions to solve a problem or predicament. Two heads are often better than one.

You did the right thing. Fear made you THINK and started a Risk Assesment on what you intend to do. But fear did not stop you from doing it. You had no fear. Only INTELLIGENCE. And that's what we humankind must have - never to fear, but to confront it intelligently to get to where and what we want, so long as we hurt or harm no one in the process.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You can't confront something that you don't have, and realising we fear something doesn't make us stop fearing it.

The stubborn approach is my favourite however. Fear of something just means extra precautions should be taken, not that it should be avoided entirely.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Unfortunately its not those who do good who are remembered in the public consciousness. It is the evil. People like Hitler will never be forgotten, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has not heard of him. How many other notorious figures from history can you name? Now compare that list to the list of people remembered for doing good. The latter will be a lot shorter.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by UngoodWatermelon

You can't confront something that you don't have, and realising we fear something doesn't make us stop fearing it.

The stubborn approach is my favourite however. Fear of something just means extra precautions should be taken, not that it should be avoided entirely.

The point is not about fear. Fear is always around in various forms to us for we are only mortals. The point, rather, is how one handles fear - to either succumb to it, or to think, discuss, debate about it freely so as to be able to find intelligent solutions to overcome fear or to dispel it. Very relevant in our times today.
edit on 14-9-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekerofTruth101

I don't care if I will be remembered after death. People who want to be remembered and famous are attached to their Ego.

How person happily lived really matters because with out it existence is just useless.
edit on 6-12-2014 by sauroman1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yes it absolutely is a hidden message. Hollywood brings as much truth in plain sight, as it does misinformation.

Take the new trailer for star wars the force awakening. In a time of a great spiritual awakening on our planet, the trailer blatantly teases with the opening line "..there has been an awakening. Have you felt it?"

top topics

join