It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My soul screams for religion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Religious dogma is only food for the spirit. Religious dogma being that it is. It doesn't hurt people telling them about Jesus and what he was about. It doesn't hurt people reading the bible. Religion is honest. Religion just isn't always accepted yet there is always space for it. The gaps of an open mind are glued by it. It can only broaden ones perception and reveal truth. Relgion is about honesty and within we all know what being honest is means. Become small.

Matt 23;12 ... whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

I don't really have much more to tell.

Things can get rough along the way, but it doesn't stay that way. I said to much again.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm assuming you are christian in your beliefs. That being said. Wouldn't your soul be screaming for god? Or Jesus? Why would it scream for a generic term such as religion.

Or is your faith more like a religion to you rather than being a lifestyle?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

My soul is repulsed by religion, especially yours:-

Yahweh (or the Christian God) is not a benevolent God, This particular abrahamic deity has shown to be jelous, merciless, capricious, tyrannical and threatening. This is soley on the basis of the scriptures; not by observing life, or personal experience, although; I wish he'd sort this cancer problem out, he seems rather inept in regards to that.

It seems to be the essence of sado-masochist to be made to love something you fear.

I'm going to hell for that, right? I stand by my points above.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe it would've been better saying my soul is screaming for salvation. You need to get a little religious to find salvation.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

How do you find the nowadays God to be?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My core being screams for seeking of truth
and quite often, religion gets in the way of that. for me, its an obstacle verses an answer.

But if it makes you feel good and become a generally nice person, then good for you...to each their own...your connection with this universe is a personal one. What I have against religion as a whole is that the very concept is trying to blanket a connection into a non-personal ceremony of words and actions that allows for no self development that suits them. Religion is a stumbling block on the way to self enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Might I suggest you focus more on Spirituality and less on Religion. All three Main religions today were created by the Amun Priesthood based on the god Amen or the Human form of the Sun god in order to gain control of the people. All stories from Moses to Jesus are fictitious entities based on the myths of ancient Egyptian gods. You will find Truth and Understanding through Spiritual studies and Spiritual Understandings apart from the dictations of Religion. Just my opinion based on history.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
self-enlightenment, that you mean, is found through suffering.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

How do you control people when you tell them to love your neighbour?

edit on 2011/9/11 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It is all about dictating actions. I am not saying in anyway the teachings of Jesus are the wrong way to lead ones life as they are based on good morals of living in a society. However Religion is designed to limit ones thought and slow ones Spiritual growth in Understanding beyond the basics. Spirituality is about finding God in his/its Truest form and Religion knows that once one Understands Gods intention the Church is no longer needed, so limitations are in place to maintain membership and slow the growth of the Soul.

Edit to add:

If you are into Religion and believe that love is the answer, and you are still longing to know God you have proven to yourself that your Soul is looking for more.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

More likely, I believe, that someone thinking that the God as described in the core parts of the Old Testament, was a good example to follow, would go to Hell.
edit on 11-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

It is all about dictating actions. I am not saying in anyway the teachings of Jesus are the wrong way to lead ones life as they are based on good morals of living in a society. However Religion is designed to limit ones thought and slow ones Spiritual growth in Understanding beyond the basics. Spirituality is about finding God in his/its Truest form and Religion knows that once one Understands Gods intention the Church is no longer needed, so limitations are in place to maintain membership and slow the growth of the Soul.

Jesus is life.

The basics are the fruit.

Jesus is the way to God.

Gods intention is the church.

'The deep things of Satan'.. The soul is not complicated.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

www.ancientfaith.com
Your soul will appreciate the atmosphere.
Most of the ATS people have no idea, unfortunately, what true Christianity is because of the Roman church and the protestant splintering. In Christianity, no one seeks to control anyone. The church is the hospital for your soul.

edit on 11-9-2011 by TruthSeekerMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The prophecy tells about men unwilling to believe no matter what. I don't know about hell, but hell you'll suffer.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Matt 23;12 ... whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Not sure of the motivation behind the quote. Are you trying to tempt those seeking to be exalted by telling them that it will happen when they humble themselves?

Looks neither humble nor honest.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You may not have seen my edit on my last post.

If you still feel this way I can no longer help. I pray you will see beyond the Church, as it is not God, and seek God him/its self for Truth and answers.

In Love and Peace may God be with you in your search.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

More likely, I believe, that someone thinking that the God as described in the core parts of the Old Testament, was a good example to follow, would go to Hell.

What about Jesus who agrees with the laws and prophets of the Old Testament?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget
I'm going to hell for that, right?

If the God of Abraham exists and is anything like described, I am sure you are. But would you rather go to heaven and be with that guy for all of eternity?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Jesus is the way to God.

Gods intention is the church.
Jesus is not something we eat so that we become him and so go to God somehow, so he must have meant something other that the literal "I am the way".
Likely enough, it would seem to me, he meant, to take the path of sacrifice that he took, which most people who profess to believe in Jesus actually do not.
God's intention is to have a whole bunch of people carrying the identity of Jesus, meaning replicating him in life, and thinking, and actions.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The door will be opened to those knocking. The church is Gods. Believers make the church. Do not work the seventh day of the week. Keep the Sabbath holy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join