It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young people relaxing, while 9/11 is happening across the river.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
First off, apologies if this has been covered, and mods please place appropriately.

This photo was released 5 years after 9/11, and was greatly controversial as it looked like these people didn't care.

My 1st impression was that it was a camera shot that didn't capture the moment correctly, also why didn't the photographer a take a few more of the same shot??? Sure this would capture the mood more correctly??
I'm sure there's no controversy here..

See what you think.

Image: www.magnumphotos.com...

Report:edition.cnn.com...#/video/world/2011/09/11/911-photo-thomas-hoepker.cnn?&hpt=hp_c2

Thoughts to all those who lost someone in 9/11 x
edit on 11-9-2011 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by Ozvaldo because: my laptop is going crazy!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Please edit and add the photo!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TSearchX

Sorry, epic posting fail

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Yeah.... that link takes us to a video about the troops in Afganistan.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
They probably thought it was just another controlled building demolition so they pulled up a chair to watch it. Or maybe they're discussing what might be the cause of the smoke? They look like they're talking. If they had their lawn chairs out, feet propped up, and sipping on martinis, then maybe you could suspect something

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Not sure what's going on with the copy pasting, should be ok now. Apologies

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

ITA - after looking at the photo, it really doesn't seem too odd to me. The caption indicates they are on their lunch break, so they probably went somewhere close to eat and discuss what was going on. The distance shows they were in a "safe" position, so no reason to get all crazy. They were, most likely, just discussing what was going on.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This was before the full impact of the event could be realized. It was also not in an area suffering the fallout...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bcec74bc3ec.png[/atsimg]
edit on 11-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Its photoshopped....look at all the links to the pic...notice all the differences, they are all altered.

www.tineye.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Those are the most bada*ss people ever! I would love to hang out with them.

Oh man... So chill...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Its photoshopped....look at all the links to the pic...notice all the differences, they are all altered.

www.tineye.com...

The photographer was on the newsclip. It wasn't altered, and the people in the picture emailed the news station. They did not deny that it was them in the picture or that it was altered.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My first thought when reading the title, just let them be! ...maybe they just didn't know.
edit on 11-9-2011 by chriz00 because: monkey's forced me to...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TSearchX

]

I agree, looks innocent enough to me. Let's see what the sceptics have to say, apparently there's plenty of them!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

It's definitely not photo shopped!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The girl looks like she is being photographed, as having that in the background is some kind of shot.

The other people look like they could be discussing the significance of what was happening.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Life does go on even with chaos in the background

Life does not stop just the victims world was ending. When will anybody learn ?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A big deal about nothing. All it says to me is that the media sees a need to provide entertainment for unreasonable people just like everyone else.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't understand what's strange or ''controversial'' about this photo.

The guy in the black t-shirt looks like he's talking, and all of the others are looking at him while he's talking. They are presumably sitting around and watching the events unfold. What exactly do people think they should be doing instead ?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is a lot to say to this picture...

First, or me the people in the picture look very European to me, the bike is also some giveaway that they are more likely European on a visit to NY.

Interpreting the picture is difficult, since it only captures a fraction of time...and i think its TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.
It could be that the people spent there some time actually watching the events, discussing it etc....maybe not even realizing the full extent of whats happening.

The cam captures them in exactly such a moment where it looks like they are "relaxing"...but this doesnt mean that the people don't care...they could as well discussing right now and wondering what's going on, woman turning back to the camera or towards the dude on the right..debating..and it just happens that they look "relaxed" in that particular moment..... i mean, if this would have happened at that exact place where they are...it makes sense that this family would spend the whole day out on that terrace observing what is going on, not ALWAYS staring at the smoke and the towers.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I skipped school and ate lunch on 9/11 while I watched the towers as I laughed. Then I went to war a few years later.

Who cares if they were drawing cartoons of it while having a waterbaloon fight?

Were they supposed to swim across the channel and fight the fires with their minds?

Some people.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join