It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannot post new thread with under 20 posts !?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So I guess I need to raise my post count somehow. I'd like to have an idea of mine discussed on these forums. That idea being that the current system of government in the united states is quite archaic now that we could all have the ability to vote on most all issues that are handled by the government.

Why, in a world where we could easily set up a safe and secure method to count votes for every issue, do we not? Why do we have the senate? Why do we have the congress? This system is obsolete.

In a real democracy, shouldn't every citizen get a say in every topic? What is the need for these narcissistic politicians? Why do we need these figure heads when a system could be setup to count votes from every person in this nation? Your answer is as good as mine.

I suppose it would be quite self defeating for TPTB to consider disbanding their archaic system for one that gives a real voice to every citizen in the nation, sadly. Politicans do not seem to work for anyone but themselves. This is completely against the core values of democracy and what this nation really stands for.

One vote, per person, per issue.

I hope somebody reads this and gets the message I'm trying to convey. I will try and raise my post count to hopefully post a more structured post in a higher-profile forum. Thank you for reading.
edit on 11-9-2011 by namnaf131 because: grammar, etc

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Welcome!

Get your 20 posts up. It will only take you an hour and then you can post a proper thread.

IRM

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, after introducing yourself and getting a few posts in, you will be free to make many threads. Please keep YouTube based threads to a minimum. (For the sake of our sanity)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Welcome. Please don't complain about the terms & conditions. After all you agreed to them.
See ya around/

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

True Democracy sucks. the republic is not bad, but not perfect...but what you propose is mob rule.

If that was the case, slaves would never have been free, and a theocratic regime would have been installed long ago...thank goodness the common idiot doesn't have a voice in passing legislation but instead that duty goes to people actually (ideally) slightly more educated on the matters than joe moron whom wants to vote yes on a ferrari for everyone.

Just because things are popular doesn't make them right...consider the prison system...you would have possibly rampant executions for even mid-range crimes...51% of the country are complete tools.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
go to the search feature and search for favorite or what is your favorite and you'll find tons of threads you can post to without really having to think which will help boots your post count.
Examples:
What is your favorite color
what is your favorite food
fav. fried food
fave Asian dish
fave comfort food
cute kitten videos

It's really easy to bump yourself up to 20 posts, have fun

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome to ATS
Raise your post count by replying to those who greet you
20 posts will come quickly
Let us know a little about yourself
Again Welcome to the Jungle we call ATS

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by namnaf131

Welcome to ATS! I will be looking forward to reading your full post once you have hit your 20 posts. Again, Welcome!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I might have agreed with you at one time, but then I started realizing how stupid people are.
My neighbors sit stoned on oxycodone all day and never even mow the grass once a year but they vote.

I was in jury duty for a guy caught selling pot he had the huge bale and the scales and the baggies and he lived in the car it was in so it was "his home".
But no one wanted to convict him (except 2 of 12 ) because they don't think pot is wrong and they use it. Didn't matter what laws were on the books why there were there. Didn't matter that society paid the cops who was on the case for weeks all those useless hours.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Certainly there are pros and cons to this proposal as you sketchily lay it out. As posted above, get your twenty posts under your belt and come back with this proposal more fully fleshed out.

Welcome and seeya

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by namnaf131

So I guess I need to raise my post count somehow.

I could be mistaken on this, but I think you may just be going about this all wrong.
  • Register & Create an Account - √
    This is a good start.

• Introduction Thread - √
    On a roll now, things are moving along smoothly.

• Log Off - √
    ut oh.

Yup, you may need to rethink your strategy.
    Tweak the plan a bit, with a few minor adjustments.

• posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I was in jury duty for a guy caught selling pot he had the huge bale and the scales and the baggies and he lived in the car it was in so it was "his home".
    But no one wanted to convict him (except 2 of 12 ) because they don't think pot is wrong and they use it. Didn't matter what laws were on the books why there were there. Didn't matter that society paid the cops who was on the case for weeks all those useless hours.

So you guys used jury nullification?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
    link   

i believe the ancient Greek city states, like where Plato resided were 'true democracies' instead of
    representative Republics like the American system was designed for...
    [but they were continually voting for everything...and that consumed too much of the citizens time & effort, and they could not continue their work or studies without interruption for superflourious voting day-after-day]

but which has been Frankensteinized with the Federal Government & Federal Reserve taking control between the time of the Civil War
    and then Congress surrendering their duties to the Federal Reserve 'Beast' in the early 1900's

20 posts--- not something to complain about--- it gives one time to think
    unless your dertemined to publish Fluff pieces
    hang-in-there,
    best to ya
    edit on 11-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

join