It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Well, looks like I made my wife upset. Denial?

page: 2
12
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe
 


I know that feeling only too well. I have to keep my mouth shut about everything to my family and people around me. Some believe me and get this fear factor going on and say they can't do anything about it. Some want to play ostrich and think that they can hide from it and want to run away. Those are looking for a way out. Some are in complete denial and treat me like I am crazy. I think the ones that bother me the most are the ohh well attitude. Everything you say they have this ya but ohh well. As long as it doesn't bother me, as long as I get get through the day, as long as I have food etc. Ohh well it doesn't matter.




posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Your wife, along with many other people, have to realize that just because 9/11 was an inside job, it does not in any way mean that those 3,000 innocent victims are any less loved by us, and that it does not mean that all the heroes are any less heroic.

By learning the truth about 9/11, one is then truly able to understand just how courageous every single one of those people are.
edit on 11-9-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


What do you mean "think for themselves"? So what are you calling people that don't agree with you?



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am in your same situation OP. I am starting to change my perspective over 10 years although. For example, I have tried to warn my multi million dollar father in law for years about the stock market. I even told him to get gold years ago. I am intelligent, and articulate, and he is old school, militant, follows orders, does what he is told, etc....

Guess what? over 13 years, he has lost $3 million dollars on the market, and now whants to live in my house cause he is broke. I just laugh, and I will let him in. He is proof enough to me that everything he stands for, like the old ideals to believe the government, trust wallstreet, be loyal to 1 company for 40 years, etc.....is stupid, and wrong....

He has black sheeped me for 13 years, while I struggled self employed to forge my own path n the world, taking every opportunity to put me down for being an independent thinker, and loom at the reality today...That bitch has lost everythig like a stupid fool, and needs to come groveling to me to live with.

like I said...He is old and foolish, so I just laugh.....and guess what....I was right the whole time, he is a fool.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33
 


Well, maybe one day you will decide to tell her the rest of the story.....

Like how there were several occasions in the nine months prior that there were just as many put options placed on the airlines.

Like how Larry Silverstein's insurance policy wasn't the first time the WTC had carried insurance against terrorism.

Like how the insurance policy had not even been issued by 9/11. Only the binder had been written.

Like how the proceeds from the policies won't begin to cover the costs of the rebuilding.

Like how he has had to continue to pay the 120 million a year in rent for the property, when it isn't generating ANY revenue.

Maybe when you tell her the complete story, you will understand why she got upset. Then again, maybe not. Those who share your viewpoint are rarely interested in the full story.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by Clisen33
 


Well, maybe one day you will decide to tell her the rest of the story.....

Like how there were several occasions in the nine months prior that there were just as many put options placed on the airlines.

Like how Larry Silverstein's insurance policy wasn't the first time the WTC had carried insurance against terrorism.

Like how the insurance policy had not even been issued by 9/11. Only the binder had been written.

Like how the proceeds from the policies won't begin to cover the costs of the rebuilding.

Like how he has had to continue to pay the 120 million a year in rent for the property, when it isn't generating ANY revenue.

Maybe when you tell her the complete story, you will understand why she got upset. Then again, maybe not. Those who share your viewpoint are rarely interested in the full story.


People who share your view point are not very intouch with math? How much did Silverstein net for the Terrorism clause, and how much over the past 10 years in rent. This is still a $7 billion dollar net, you fool. Keep your Hakuta Matada bullcrap.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33
 


I hear you. I usually watch a combination of MSNBC, CNN, and Fox to get the current news, financial outlook, political news, and so one. Today all they can talk about is THE OFFICIAL STORY. I would like to see just one station have the cohonies to question authority just once, and tell the other points of view. But, I guess that won't happen, will it?



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If your stories would have a base to stand on and could be followed by common, human sense you would not need to hide your stories.

The fact that your wife etc. doesn't believe you should make you overthink your theory - obviously, your speculations are not very convincing. And, possibly, your wife is right and you are wrong.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
One of the toughest things any of us have to deal with in any relationship is opposing opinions.
Regardless, that's life.
But what else is life?
Standing up for what we believe in, and the truth, no matter who agrees with us, or does not.

I wasn't going to post this, but, here goes.

While looking, remember the quote: 'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist ...'



photo source

peace

Added note: You might see a little girl wearing barrettes.
I don't...



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by dgtempe
 


I know that feeling only too well. I have to keep my mouth shut about everything to my family and people around me. Some believe me and get this fear factor going on and say they can't do anything about it. Some want to play ostrich and think that they can hide from it and want to run away. Those are looking for a way out. Some are in complete denial and treat me like I am crazy. I think the ones that bother me the most are the ohh well attitude. Everything you say they have this ya but ohh well. As long as it doesn't bother me, as long as I get get through the day, as long as I have food etc. Ohh well it doesn't matter.


I think its ironic that the option that YOU are wrong does not exist


To be very frank with you, i already saw some 9/11 conspiracy sites and if i were to look for where the BRAIN WASHING happens i would rather say it origins from the speculative conspiracy sites, NOT necessarily from the main stream media.

I am not saying that the MSM is "right", no-no, there is a LOT of agenda and bias going on..but you conspiracy people fail to totally see that certain websites which make certain claims ALSO can have a bias and agenda.

It is very unlikely that only one side is lying to you and everything else is the truth. The main stream media's agenda is actually not so much to "influence" (brain wash) the public opinion (of course, this exists also depending on source) BUT rather, the MSM is often acting in a more simpler way, for the sake of revenue/$$$ posting stuff which SELLS, because it is emotional, for example.

CNN, Yahoo, MSNBC etc. works USUALLY in a way that they get a huge chunk of news from the news agencies and pre-select what they deem worthy "as news" - again: WHAT SELLS BEST or what (in their eyes) is significant enough to post as "news". Other stuff is simply ignored.

HOWEVER - the conspiracy sites do not work like that since there is always a person or group behind it with an AGENDA - and *their* agenda is a different one than Fox, CNN etc.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant
 


Gee, you must have missed the part about the property not generating any revenue (RENT). There have not been any tenants to pay him rent since Sept 2001...and he has paid close to 1.5 billion out to the PA. I think I will stick with reality.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33
 


For me? If a person doesn't have an ounce of doubt concerning the official story and/or doesn't seem to care then I don't even want them in my personal circle. So good luck to you and your wife! Hope you can over-come this but................!!??

Someones awareness and opinion regarding Sept 11, 2001 which changed our lives, speaks volumes to me. I think this is way too personal to me to not be surrounded with like-minded people.

Yes, I am a Truther however I don't proclaim to know how that day went down. What I do proclaim is, we've been fed a trough-full of untruths for ten years now!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by MentalGiant
 


Gee, you must have missed the part about the property not generating any revenue (RENT). There have not been any tenants to pay him rent since Sept 2001...and he has paid close to 1.5 billion out to the PA. I think I will stick with reality.


Glad you mentioned that!....Heres some reality for you regarding this rent you try to use to portray Silversteen in a poverty position, therefore attempting to portray him as a victim..., its out there in plain view for you to find, you just have to wake up, dude.

For instance, take Silverstein who would have paid only one or maybe two premiums before the attacks. The $4.55 billion dollars insurance payout was not comparable to a personal car or house because he did not hold the title to the property. And the contracts he signed in July, 2001, stipulated that if the Towers were damaged or destroyed he would rebuild the "Premises" with "the plans and specifications for the same as they existed prior to such damage or destruction."

Silverstein would not have been awarded that amount of money to put in his pocket -- he was required to rebuild. The funds were earmarked for construction. And what has Silverstein done with them? They have gone into his rent, his architects, his lawyers, his PR agent. If he couldn't pay his rent, he should have been excused from the site. But the most outrageous of all -- he and his backers took back their original down payment out of the insurance money.

But what does he care if there's no construction money -- he has the public to bail him out. In other words, he has no more invested than you or I. The only funding that has gone into the site is from public sources -- public tolls, City and State taxes, Federal taxes, Federal leases, publicly-backed Liberty Bonds, and the insurance money on a policy he was allowed to take against a public holding, to be used to rebuild it.

Please, just look this stuff up as I have. it takes effort, and Im not going to spoonfeed you basic information, you just have to get off the tit...and wake up.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


You've been fed a bunch of mistruths for a lot longer than 10 years...

The US military is invincible
The US intelligence agencies know everything that goes on
The US government is highly efficient in a crisis...



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 88cavs
reply to post by yourmaker
 


What do you mean "think for themselves"? So what are you calling people that don't agree with you?



That was more a reference to the MSM/social media crowd.

But people who don't agree with me? Well they must be wrong! Right?




posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant
 


I have looked it up. You might want to see how money he has lost.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


You've been fed a bunch of mistruths for a lot longer than 10 years...

The US military is invincible
The US intelligence agencies know everything that goes on
The US government is highly efficient in a crisis...






That's true but in order to dissemble anything, you have to do it one piece at a time. We're talking about the 9-11 piece. Only because that's more identifiable and raw.

Do not believe the official story. Period. And don't even bother asking your congressperson to re-investigate this case because it'll never happen. There's a statute of limitations and it's probably just about up by now.

Look what happened to the JFK case. Nothing. So past behavior often dictates future outcomes so....here we are no further into the truth.

But hey!........hope is not lost yet. We have another opportunity next year with a brand new POTUS who might bring justice to this country!!!! (insert eye roll ------------------> here
)



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It is the conditioning we've had since pre-school...it's not her fault...

I have alienated just about everyone BUT my wife.

I wrote a piece to my family, but so far, no one has replied.

Anyone who's interested can read about it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...


edit on 11-9-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Why would I want to waste money just to find out our government is incompetent (by design) when it comes to a crisis? I mean I've known that for years.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33


And of course, the biggest thing for me was the fact that 6 weeks prior to 9/11 - Larry Silverstein lease owner of the world trade center signed a policy that covered terrorist acts against the buildings with a payout of 3.5 billion dollars in the event losing the center. He even had the audacity to file two claims, and got it - getting $8 billion.
.


This ones news to me. Going to look into it now. Thanks.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join