It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, looks like I made my wife upset. Denial?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So, we were watching MSNBC's replay of the events on 9/11..

I was getting upset watching it again, and started remembering all the inconsistencies leading up to the day and what actually happened that day. I began to tell her about how a week prior to the day, that United and American Airlines had a very large-unusual amount of Put Options placed on the two companies stocks. I then began to tell her about Operation Vigilant Guardian going on, which was an Air Force exercise pertaining to what was actually going on that day - yet no aircraft were available to intercept the airlines.

I continued on about the following inconsistencies:

- How the twin towers fell at free fall speed as if the interiors were non existent.
- How WT7 fell at free fall speed as if the interiors were non existent.
- The crater for flight 93 that crashed in PA was ridiculously small for the aircraft that supposedly crashed.
- All the considerable inconsistencies at the Pentagon crash.

And of course, the biggest thing for me was the fact that 6 weeks prior to 9/11 - Larry Silverstein lease owner of the world trade center signed a policy that covered terrorist acts against the buildings with a payout of 3.5 billion dollars in the event losing the center. He even had the audacity to file two claims, and got it - getting $8 billion.

In the end, my wife got extremely upset and didn't want me to talk about it anymore and believes that the government would never do such a thing. A lot of inconsistencies happened on that day, even leading up to it.

It is what it is...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Today i'm not saying a word to anyone about any of it. If they could think for themselves, they would see it in plain sight. I don't feel like getting scolded for the obvious today, i'll let it pass, but I will observe, everything.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That happens with me and my wife at least once a month.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I feel your pain. Though not a spouse that I have had to deal with, like you, but friends and family members basically wont talk to me about this (or the like) type of topics.

They believe what they are "told". Be it the media, government, doctors, etc. They don't want to "think outside the box". They just want to take the pill they are fed, and believe that is the best medicine.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
this happens a lot with me and my girlfriend, I've now decided to stop as it's a complete waste of my time. Not only 9/11 but other events around the world too.

My only problem with this is, most of people are like this or worse ...

but what can we do?
edit on 11/9/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well guys, did you ever think that maybe you reminded your ladies of Bubba Blue, the shrimp guy in Forrest Gump?
Some times they can take only so much...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thankfully my fiancee and my immediate family members agree with my opinions on 9/11. It's my best friend who won't listen to a word about it. Then there is my older brother who is a Captain in the Army. Being that he's been in Iraq twice and is now in Afghanistan, I guess he already knows or he'll never admit to it. I've never asked him.

I did get into a discussion with my aunt yesterday (who shares my views) but ended up angry at all of America for not waking up. This whole thing hit too close to home (I'm less than 30 miles away from NYC).

Anyway, I've spent all day posting 9/11 Loose Change and things of that sort on my facebook. But I'm not coming out and saying anything direct today. Here in NJ, a lot of people lost family members.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

There IS something we can do.

And that's to never stop talking about what we believe to be true. Plant a seed of truth in every mind you come across. Eventually it will blossom.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Show her this thread:

Remembering the 'other' victims of 9/11

It may help bring some perspective to her opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
you didnt have to flood her with the information, that can actually hurt more than it could help. you have to find a way she would question it herself, let her find this information herself

its one thing to believe that the government wouldnt do such a thing, its another to ignore the bits of information that are physically impossible. molten steel flowed beneathe the towers for a week. either story doesnt really explain that. the official story doesnt fit that. them letting the terrorists hit (not intercepting) still doesnt explain that.

the only thing you can do is show her evidence. dont spin it one way or the other, but just show tha there is an inconsistancy. challenge her to show you not that the government wouldnt, but that it couldnt. this is how i came to the 9/11 conspiracy. i wanted to show that the gov couldnt have done it. then my view entirely changed. just ease into it. there becomes a point where just pointing out the evidence is jamming it down her throat.

some things are physically impossible, and cant be explained by their report. if they dont even try to look into this evidence, then yes, its denial.
if they just havnt seen the evidence, thats different alltogether

to give her a little credit, most people dont realize how much actual evidence there is (video/audio/testimony) when hey hear of 9/11 conspiracies the first thing to come to mind is a bunch of internet posters just talking about it, speculating and calling it true.

but when they see the hours of video of first responders uncovering molten steel....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You are not alone. I cannot speak to my husband, sons, mother, brother about any of this.
I was told to be quiet before someone thought I was "mentally ill". Since then, I've had relatives make comments about certain things and I simply tell them not to bother me with their instability.

Deep down I suspect they know I'm onto something, but I'm stubborn as a mule.

One day they will know I had done my homework
While they sat around oblivious.
I feel sorry for all of them. I feel sorry for myself!
I wish I did not care, but that's not my nature.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

well my friend,
the mere thought that our government is responsible for such an atrocity contradicts her world views...
she feels vulnerable and with lost sense of security if she was to believe that there might be such a possibility...
the normal human thing to do is to deny such truths for the sake of the mind to feel more at peace.

i send you my love... to both of you!

peace.

edit on 11-9-2011 by EmilNomel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You and I are/were in the same boat. My hubby wasn't too happy about my opinions on this matter until I got him to watch this: Architects and Engineers for 9-11 truth.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe it's because nuance is lost on some people. Some tend to see things as black or white...good or evil...and nothing in between. Or maybe the distinction between some factions of our government and the entire government might be hard for some to make. And you may be right...others are simply in denial that anything they are told by the government and the corporate-controlled media isn't true. Frankly, anyone who doesn't have questions or who believes that at the very least the opportunistic predators among us didn't use this to their and no one else's benefit needs to take a good hard look at the world and most of all themselves.

I don't know if it's denial or susceptibility to conditioning, but for them it really might be unfathomable. I tend to, right or wrong, avoid these types of people these days though because I've come to realize that many if not most of them simply cannot be reached and that trying to do so is not safe any longer. Barring some cataclysmic event, they will never see if they don't already.

edit on 9/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Heh. You must think what "they" want you to, or no more sex for you mister

Hey, man, just be glad that you're not a black american. I don't get any wives or anything like that. I mean, there's pros and cons either way, but... ah, I should leave it at that since I don't know anything about girlfriends or wives or anything like that. But I guess it doesn't matter for you, since you can just get another one when she REALLY gets angry at you for your non-mainstream opinions

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No matter how or why you think 9/11 happened, remember many people lost their lives that day. 9/11 shouldn't define America, but let it be a day to remember ALL the brave people who left their comfort zone that day to support their fellow Americans.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Don't feel bad, my daughter is the same way. I know she's mine, 'cuz I had a home delivery. She thinks I'm crazy and won't discuss anything about 911 with me.

I once showed her credible evidence of alien contact, can't remember what it was from, but she went totally white and refused to watch any more of it or to discuss it.
edit on 11-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
She'll come around. Just stick to your guns, but don't bowl her over. Been there, done that.
Now my wife is more cynical than I am.
edit on 9/11/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Many people seem to be like this, using a totally different way of viewing the world...

A lot of people just have a totally different mind and way of thinking than us suspicious types do.. It has been ingrained into everyone with the tainted CIA/NSA controlled mass media

The other thing is that most people, men and women, are decent folks, and just can't believe very easily that there are many super villain types here in our own USA that would do these kinds of severe crimes to their own brothers and sisters.

These villain people seek power, and more power, they won't ever stop seeking it until they are dead. These people exist around the globe..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Im lucky as my missus drinks from the same cool aid as me and has a the same views as things as me. Makes for happier living.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join