It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me what you know about the "Night Terrors" everynight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Slept like a baby, No worries at all.........reduced the amount of cigs I'm smoking and only smoke during the day, 4-5 sticks.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Yeah, thanks for pointing out this thread to me. It's definitely along the lines of what I have every single night all night long.
As I mentioned in a different post - I used to have nightmares all night long for 6 years straight. To the point where I hated going to bed. I changed everything in my life...from diet, exercise, jobs, stress, religion, even sleep habits (going from normal to nocturnal)... nothing helped them... until the day I decided to get a divorce. I wasn't in a horrible relationship by any means... and I'm not going to go into why I got a divorce, but I can't deny my subconscious. Well.. the nightmares have come back.
And again, I'm in a place in my relationship where I need to get out. So that is obviously the correlation for me.

However... once, I had a good friend (we only knew each other online...so pen pals I guess) who told me she has been able to enter other peoples dreams before. I decided to go with it. She told me, to project in my mind her photo and say her name over and over as I fell asleep. I did.
The next day as we were chatting, she proceeded to tell me my entire nightmare that I'd had. Which had been interesting, because she was IN my nightmare. I assumed that morning that thinking about her is what made me conjure her in my nightmare...but she was able to tell me everything that happened. And she said it wasn't just bad dreams...It was a bad spirit. This was back when I was still married... so who knows. Maybe just the negativity alone caused an attraction to something dark that has been able to reach me.

None of my nightmares are the same.. but there is ALWAYS a dark figure causing pain, death... sometimes chasing me, sometimes raping me (I know....it's freaky waking up when you dreamt you were being raped). It is almost always killing people I love though. I can control my nightmares a lot better now a days, to the point where I almost "restart" the parts I don't like. I can't control the fact that it's a nightmare...I can't make it happy... but I can change the negative outcomes to ones that I feel my mind can handle. Usually if the thing kills me, I think "I didn't like that"..and set my nightmare back a couple of minutes and do it over until I get away or I actually wake up.

I don't even know how my mind comes up with some of the stuff it does. I've woken up sobbing and screaming...sweat dripping down my back... and many times, it's my boyfriend who will wake me up because I'm wimpering or thrashing in my sleep. Most often I wake on my own though. Id say I have a "healthy" dose of nightmares and night terrors combined every single night.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Really interesting post - I can really relate. My attacks were sexual in nature (rape). And I was told to ask for help in a dream by a sensitive.

I asked for help and found myself lying on a wooden floor in my dream. Oppositie me was a man I had never met before. Dark hair, chubby, with a moustache.

He asked me to tell him what was happening.

I described it and he tuned elsewhere.

He started to look worried and told me that what I was experiencing was real and that he would help get rid of it.

He told me to head back and leave it to him.

From that point although I kept up protection rituals, it was never anywhere near as bad.

Your post really struck a chord. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
forgive me for i have not read the whole thread , also pardon my spelling , I used to have something simuler to what you speak of . I when i was a child , i used to wake up in a panic and i would have thees feelings of terror and dread . And the best way i can explain it , It was like ciaos and order . Fat and Skinny , it was as if one half of my brain was feeling Ciaos and the other half was Feeling Order . at one point i can Remember waking up with this feeling and i could hear people screaming on one side of my brain and on the other side it was calm and gentile voices . This all happened when i was around 6-8 years , Long story short , my mother used to tell me ,when it happened to say "ARE YOU OF GOD" and when i did this it seemed to help , It really used to scare the heck out of me , i thought even at that age i was going nuts .The last time i ever had this happen i was 8 years old and i decided to confront it , and not let it scare me , so when i did , it simply went away and its ever happened again .

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Wow I noticed you two had a similar story.....But the rape dreams are truly next level, I have no Idea how I could ever cope with that.

Most of my nightmares consist of killings, ghosts etc etc, But the dreams that really freak me out are the dreams when people I'm close to end up turning their backs on me or acting like I'm invisible. It really gets me thinking the next day, Happens/happened so often for about a year straight the same dream in different scenarios. Had me getting up screaming and punching the walls.

I once heard a saying "The devil hears your prayers and knows what you fear" and I was starting to believe this because all my nightmares were becoming a reality, Everything I hated started happening to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

I've heard the voices during SP, and someone talking to me once but never peace and chaos at once.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

yes, it was really a dark experience . but panic attacks can create all sorts of strange feelings , they can also distort reality , do you suffer from anxiety or panic disorders ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Luckily the rape dreams are few and far between... but they definitely leave a lasting impression. (And no.. I have never in my life been sexually abused or assaulted) And they are even fewer since I've been able to mostly control the horror.
It's great that I can control so much of my nightmares... but I wish to high heaven they would just stop. I've thought about trying hypnosis or something, but the problem is I'm too stuborn and "in control". As a Taurus I just keep myself too well grounded. I think I even read somewhere that Taurus's are hard to hypnotize... if so, it's certainly true for me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

Anxiety yes every once in a while but I guess that's normal. Only had one panic attack in my life....Thanks to a night terror a year ago. I just found it hard to breath like my heart just stopped beating.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I too used to have night terrors but thankfully I haven't had anything like that for a while now.

My worst experiences were when I was living at my brother's place for a while. I would go to bed and then within 30-45 minutes I would bolt upright and the scene of my bedroom would be completely different to reality. Over a few nights I saw a black witch right next to my bed and a medieval type war scene with severed heads and everything. They were always the same in that the vision would be there, but within staring at it for a second or two, they would disappear and the room would go back to normal.

It really annoyed me, so I went and saw a sleep Dr who then referred me to a sleep clinic at a hospital. I stayed one night at the hospital with all of the monitoring things on me - eeg etc and a long story short, the dr's said that I had a perfectly normal sleep and that nothing was wrong. I used to wake up completely drained every morning and the best they could come up with was that I had "Sleep state misinterpretation" which they said meant that my body had a good sleep but that my mind told it that it was a bad sleep.

They said it was supposedly because I used to be a big sleepwalker when I was younger.

I have had less scary episodes at night since like seeing my room completely differently (ie different furniture etc) and then have it almost materialize back to how it should be.

I'm convinced there is more to it than the standard medical explanations though.

Not sure if this has been one reason why I sleep better these days, but I have done room/house cleansing and I also have a few home made orgonite devices in the bedroom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join