It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me what you know about the "Night Terrors" everynight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by stellify

That has to be one of the craziest replies I've ever read! Wow

Never did Ouija or anything of that sort, When I was 14 I found a ring engraved with the star of david and the goat. That's about the closets I've gotten to ever inviting spirits. I kicked the ring about for a couple of mins and left it there.

If the demon ever tried anything sexual on me I can guarantee you the ring wont be the only thing I will be kicking around. I will send myself to hell personally just so I can get revenge.

That's the attitude. Kick it into touch.

Wear that attitude and believe it.

I believe I got 'infected' when I borrowed a book from a friend who practiced a bit of black magic.

It continued even though i had returned the book.

The first attack was the worst - horrific.

It kept on coming back.

I promise you, I am not insane. Don't do drugs, am not a big drinker.

I work hard, love my dogs and stay away from situations where there's bad energy.

The anger, fear and depression need to be controlled. If you control those feelings and seek to take control, it can get a little worse before it gets better...the attacks get stepped up a little. It's just tying to regain control. Stick with it. You're stronger than it is.

Once you start sleeping better you'll get stronger. Focus in the short term on sleeping better - quick fixes are to define your space. Make your bed and bedroom undisturbable. Get some sleep.

Feel fresh.

Also, get rid of any suicidal thoughts. Would start by ditching your avatars nation of suicide statement.

Fight negative with positive.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2011 by stellify because: Pressed reply twice!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Nation of suicide = Japan.....I find it odd not many people knew it was called that.

I believe everything after all I must be crazy as well. A year ago I had this weird dreams some demon was trying to possess me but it was unsuccessful. It kept coming back and back but once actually managed to get inside me but only for a couple of seconds (In a dream or something.....Just a blurry memory) and I remember waking up to a sensation of something leaving my body sort of like an regaining control of your body after an OBE. I thought it would return and I thought I was possessed but it seems it couldn't handle me? Just weird stuff. Thought I should get that out. I feel like it's scared of me, I have no idea why.

I once took a sleeping pill on two occasions and didn't get sleepy but instead started hallucinating and I saw the same figure with the hate on. Weird but I wasn't scared at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Tell me what you know about the "Night Terrors" everynight

I have suffered night terrors for years. It's like... being born, or maybe dying... because as you are at least partially asleep, you feel like you are shoved into this long dark tunnel and there is a moment of panic because you don't know who or where you are...

Every night since 1998... several times a night when they are worse.

I have tried to train myself to focus on those split seconds just before entering the terror tunnels... and those very few moment I have been able to save are indefinite but disturbing.

Best to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I also had sleep paralysis (started a thread) but I can move when I get it and it stops so it no longer scares me. Happened two days ago and it was a piece of cake, Just need a way to overcome these night terrors.....It's haunting.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

hi there, i think i might be able to offer some information on certain things you have spoke about,

it was this post that prompted me to register so not sure if you can guide me to send a private message or something of that nature?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherUnknown1

There should be a show ribbon banner at the bottom of the page, click it and click on messages. I've already inboxed you.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

says im not allowed to send private messages to anyone other than ATS Staff, not quite sure what that means

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You probably don't have enough posts to send private messages. I have no idea what the minimum number is.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

ah yea its my post count, if you could wait till i get my post count up so i can send u a private message i got lots of information from things about myself that i reckon can help and possibly explain other things.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Why don't you just post here, I'm sure they could help a lot of people as this is not only happening to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

ok, well probably first time real post nerves, so ok, well not going into the incident that happened as a feel that would be something that is for private, at the age of 3 i went through a very traumatic event,

for many many years i thought that this event had no effect on me, it took me a very long time to come to terms that this event did, symptoms you have explained i have got too, these include:

waking up wondering why i'm soaked like i been sweating out a flu, and feeling more tired than when i went to sleep, what i've found is kinda disturbing to myself.

hearing the common response of people who don't understand or don't care enough to is "you are depressed", "you should seek help from a doctor" is not much of a help as that what i've found people tend to deliver, but i can see how it may look to someone who doesn't understand,

what is very common in severe trauma is repression and disassociation or the shattering of a personality, personally i repressed, and repressed well enough that i don't feel i really had any feelings of my own towards what happened, i was basing the way i felt on the incident on other people feelings towards it who were close to me and mirroring as it was apparently too much for me to deal with,

i constantly wake up with night terrors screaming, unaware, saying i can see stuff and pointing at it then going back to sleep and never remembering

since i was young i have seen shadows, things similar to this:

www.perception9.com...

things you have explained, now in my own opinion, this comes down to a few different things, i feel that because of being subjected to the trauma, this is why it has happened to me, i thought it was dreams one night till tears started streaming from my eyes and 2 other people one of these shadows

i can go into alot more detail just dont want to make a mega post

i feel repressing trauma draws things explained or unexplained things out, these negative feelings aren't yours i dont feel, cause i now know the ones i had weren't mine, but you feel down, and just generally horrible, and i think it may be to do with something internally, something you may or may not be aware of, cause i wasnt, the change that has happened to me is unbelievable, i feel very different since ive began dealing with what happened with me.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
your coming under demonic attacks at night. Just pray and call out Jesus name and the devil will flee.
Believe it or not you dont have to be a Christian to call out for his help.
Try this next time you have a night terror attack, call on Jesus. It will stop.
The devil is a coward who has been defeated.
Seriously try it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
......s***, f***......I'm sorry mods. I was just reading the other paranormal threads and came across night terrors a couple of times. One member even claimed to see the man in the hat....He called him hat man. I just did a Google search on Hat man and as soon as the images loaded I instantly recognized it and a shadow just appeared to fly or rather move up the wall in front of me.

So I'm not crazy after all and apparently people have seen this thing all over the world and described it in the same way.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KicknAndScreamin
documenting EVERYTHING. Keep a journal and as soon as you wake up make a habit of writing in it.

As a person that has worked in the medical fields for 4 years straight (yeah, shoot me now...
...), I will tell you this... if you don't document what you dream you will not remember it as you really dreamt it. Even if you do remember it the memory will fade and change as you want it to. So write it down. And well, like most medical personnel say: "If it's not documented, it never happened."
edit on 11-9-2011 by rschmfem because: format fix

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
From a website:

"Hat Man, Hooded Shadow, and The Old Woman

- Seem to be malevolent
- Always associated with negative feelings
- All accounts report unhappiness and/or a sense of being drained
- Always appear when a person is are vulnerable/weak
- Always associated with fear and suffering
- Positive thoughts, meditation, prayer, and high self-esteem seem to keep them away, and to drive them out
- Thought to perhaps be different entity type than the shadow people
- Many reports of seeing several Shadow People before a Hat Man or Hooded Shadow appears
- May be in charge/command of lesser entities such as Shadow Men and Shadow Animals
- Possibly are hybrids of two other types of Shadow

The Old Man (in the hat) or Hat Man:

- Sometimes reported with glowing green eyes
- Always reported at or near your bed
- Always associated with bad dreams
- Almost always first seen at the foot of your bed when halfway between asleep and awake
- Associated with causing fear and draining energy
- Is believed to cause fear or bad dreams to steal energy
- Possible 'bogeyman' type entity
- Also associated with "The Sandman"
- Believed to be similar to "Moth Man"

The Old Man in the Hat, or "The Hat Man" is by far the most commonly reported Shadow Man there is. More people have seen him than any other shadow entity.

I have never seen him. (knock on wood)

Almost every account is the same. He is always leering over you while you are asleep, when you are most vulnerable. He is first seen standing at the foot of your bed, while you are still half asleep.

Most people say they immediately feel threatened, and as if they are being drained or weakened. Most also note they have had, or will have nightmares when he is around. I think he may be stealing energy as we sleep, and feeding our fear to create more fear energy because that is what he actually feeds on."

Sorry for the long quote but I'm literally almost pissing my pants right now as I read this. Exactly how I explained it.....Always seen right by my bed.

[align=center]
[/align]
edit on 11-9-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

one thing i learned, if u go in all about these things trying to see them more, provoke them in any way and not dealing with what is your issue for feeling like this, they manifest into alot worse things, that i can i promise.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm fighting back, I've never been frightened from seeing it until I just read the article to the link to gave me. I can't believe any of this is actually happening, It always stands there expecting to scare me but I just turn away like I'm not bothered. I remember someone had an avatar with the hat man, I believe it was truthseeker1984.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
... quick fixes are to define your space. Make your bed and bedroom undisturbable. Get some sleep.
Feel fresh.
Also, get rid of any suicidal thoughts. Would start by ditching your avatars nation of suicide statement.
Fight negative with positive.

This might be too simpleminded and OCD-ish for you, but you could start up a bed time regimine/routine and practice it every night, for example:
  1. At about 10:00 PM stop whatever you're doing, and if you're not home get home.
  2. 10:20-:30 PM - shower
  3. 10:35-:45 - brush teeth, wash face, affirmations/kind words to your reflection
  4. 10:50-11:00 PM undress, pjs, etc, get in bed and take deep breaths, count to 10 and restart when your mind wanders from your breath.
  5. When you are sleepy, drift off to sleep.
Hope this helps some...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rschmfem

I try sleep early but end up turning in bed and just thinking until around 5 or 6 am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join