It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Stern Show "live" Sepember 11th 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I came across this audio recording of The Howard Stern Show broadcasting on that terrible day.
It gives a visceral view into the past of the horrific events of that day.

I mean no disrespect to anyone by posting this.

I think that it merits posting as it documents one of the most important events in recent history.

I intend the recording to speak for itself and I neither condone nor condemn what is being said. It is what it is.
(The opinions and comments from the show are not mine. If you find this difficult to listen to please stop.)

RIP to all the victims of this atrocity.

LINK

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceWayne

I was listening to stern Live as it happened on the day of, IF you have ondemand they show the episode, even Stern has said his comments at the time (Invade and blow up everyone) in retrospect where wrong.

Its interesting to listen to as it happens, and says something about stern that he stayed broadcasting (in a NY skyscrapper no less) Love him or hate him that was a brave thing to do.
edit on 11-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It almost sounds like Howard had the media script that day.
He knows it was the Arabs and that the buildings were going to come down a few minutes after they were hit??

Either his belly was full of kool-aid, or he knew something we didn't.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I guess thats the result of the Confirmation bias of human psychology, cause I didn't get that at all from listening to the show on that day, and seeing the video from the show recently.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It is an interesting piece of history from that day. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Trust me, Stern follows no script, especially from the media
He is very opinionated & doesn't believe in any conspiracy theories. He believes what the Gov't tells him. And being a NY broadcaster he'll never go against the official 9/11 story unless it was officially proven otherwise, definitely bad for ratings. He has said time & time again he takes backs a lot of what he said that day. Who can blame him, he was just as upset as any of us. I'll be the first to say though, Howard is very uninformed. You should hear what he thinks the history of Israel is. Basically it was a dessert that nobody lived in. Guess he doesnt know a out the 700,000 displaced Arabs.

What he did that day was brave. All the other radio stations called it a day for fear of their lives. Howard was about to follow suit until callers from all over the country asked him to stay on because he was giving some great up to date coverage while hosting the best show on earth! Even after 9/11 the Stern show still went on the next day and so on while shows like Lettermans Late Night took a week off.

Stern rocks, even if he is ignorant about some subjects. God help the US govt if stern ever sees the light & stops blindly supporting them.

But if you wanna see what a media script looks & sounds like then watch this
[yvid]
[/yvid]

edit on 11-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Im imediatly reminded of him speaking out against bush, they didn't drop him from stations for being vulgar, yet when he spoke out against bush he lost several major deals and is still fighting in court to get his money from being dropped while on contract.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
this is nuts...i remember this too, i was listening

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah man, early on he was a huge bush supporter like most of us but as time went on he saw the light & turned on bush & took back many of his statements. The war in Iraq was a big turning point for Howard for the lies of going to war & using 9/11 as one of the excuses to invade.

Stern is always fighting the man, well the Corperate man. He's also in court suing Sirius/Xm. It's clear stern made Sirius what it is today but the head honchos have "forgotten" that. Like big banker & other shady CEOs, Sirius higher ups were patting themselves on their backs by paying each other huge $$ bonuses while leaving stern out of the loop. Before stern Xm was top dog & Sirius was the low low low man on the totem pole. True they were the only competition for Xm their subscriptions were weak weak weak. That is until stern came in and now it's Sirius/Xm.

Where there is money there is greed, lies, & corruption. F money!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ask people that live outside the usa what time they heard about 9/11 i live in the uk i saw it at 11.40 AM i aint wrong as i have spoken to hundreds of people who saw it to . the earliest i know is 9.30 am uk . thats 4.30 am in new york . just thinking eh follow the money trail

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
He knows it was the Arabs and that the buildings were going to come down a few minutes after they were hit??

Either his belly was full of kool-aid, or he knew something we didn't.

*Facepalm*

Thanks OP, this was what I was listening to as it unfolded. I didn't have access to a television at the time. I thought the coverage was done well by the Stern crew.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Howard Stern did a great job covering the 9/11 tradegy but he jumped the gun and pointed fingers...he had no hardline facts about who was responsible for this horrific day...and 10 years later most of us are awake and realize who truly was behind it...I lost my cousin in the South Tower that day...I pray for him, his wife and 2 boys everyday....and I pray that the true perpeTRAITORS are brought to justice!!

God Bless America, those who perished, those who saved, and those who have the courage to wake people up!! We need to bring America back to its true glory...the land of the FREE and home of the brave!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

History of Howard Stern

Stern Show looks back on that day.

(9/11 begins about halfway (6:55) in this YT. First half is about Hank the Drunken Dwarfs death. RIP Hank and all those since 9/11
)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wasn't listening to Stern anymore by that point in my life. Later that day I listened to this though...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I know what you mean.
Especially when he says it's just like Pearl Harbour!
edit on 13-9-2011 by BruceWayne because: added quote

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I've been listening to Howard Stern since the EARLY 80's (I'm from NY), and that show was by far the BEST SHOW he's EVER broadcast. His show was TRUE journalism as far as I am concerned. Howard also loves the American troops, from what I was told, during the first Gulf War, the Military Radio Network didnt carry Howard's show (for obvious reasons), a long time listener wrote to Howard, saying theyre missing the show while in Saudi, so he had 6 months of taped shows sent overseas to be played by a bunch of HAM operators to the troops listening

new topics

top topics

join