It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~The Evidence of Ancient Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just how hard is the evidence they present on the Ancient Aliens show that these aliens actually came to earth? Obviously they present a biased view towards it on the show, but they make it seem indespuitable that aliens did visit back in the day, but is it really that clear cut? Personally I think there is something in it but they just make it seem to easy, I want a counter argument to weigh up.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

They seriously stretch some things on that show to support their wild claims. I still watch Ancient Aliens for a learning experience, however while doing so I try my best to distinguish fact from fiction.

troll.me..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This guy ^ uses flawed logic such as, if the Ancient Egyptians depicted their gods as zoomorphic then that must mean there was genetic splicing going on. At times they jump to conclusions too fast, but the ancient astronaut theory IS just a theory.

edit on 9/11/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They make it seem way too easy.
Those building/structures could easily be from lost civilizations of our ancestors.
I think Graham Hancock has some great points, and that these structures were built before the last ice age ended.
The odd alien looking characters/statues/wall inscriptions could easily be representation of what ancient civilizations knew as the gods of the spirit world. They accessed this world through altering their consciousness, either through psychedelics or other means. (He describes this all in his book Super Natural, there are great interviews of him on youtube)

What is clear is that whoever built them had a great respect and understanding of astrology,
whether it was aliens or a lost civilization is not sure. Either way, I think whoever built them was closer to a celestial understanding/true understanding of the universe. In addition, it is clear that many stone structures were built to last and that many have been built on top of.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There is no evidence either in the show or in reality for Ancient Aliens , the show is just speculation based on belief and the willingness of the participants to spice things up a bit to bolster their book sales and maybe extend there contract for the next series .
Evidence would be something that can be proved to not have originated on Earth , and to my knowledge nothing like that has yet been presented , if it was then that would be an episode to watch .

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The counter arguments are religions. If you want an argument, read all the religious texts.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i haven't seen the show, but i'm doing research on this whole business for an assignment...
i have to admit, at first i was very skeptical, but the more i read the clearer it becomes that a whole lot of incredibly strange stuff went down back in the day. ultimately i think we'll never know for sure. too long ago, the 'evidence' too distorted by thousands of years of shambling barely upright apes bickering over unimportant details.

to me the most interesting part of this phenomena is that it polarizes people so. very few seem to be on the fence.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Of course the show is slanted in that direction. They offer another theory to the pile of theories on how the ancient peoples accomplished megalithic feats without the aid of an advanced technology, that we know of. Their theories are no less sound then the ones offered by today's science.

In fact most of the megalithic structures of the past are architecturally superior to our modern day structures. How long have the pyramids stood? You think city sky scrappers will last as long? Have you seen some of the sculptures and symmetrical works of art completed from the past.

The Sphinx most likely wasn't even built by the Egyptians as its much older than most accepted science views suggest. In the end we still don't know who built these things, how they built them, why they built them or how long it took. It wasn't mud ramps and tons of manpower. Or then again maybe it was in the end that's just another theory as well.

Our ancestors weren't as dumb as we are made to believe. These people actually used the stars and sky to navigate, a dying trait . I think they knew astronomy as a whole a little better than we do, today. Plus back then there were no known aircraft so you cant really discount them when they say beings descended from the sky.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The only thing that is certain is that we are amnesic to our history. I wonder what future humans will think of our structures. However, few of them will be around for very long after we are gone. The show is biased and provides food for thought. There is so much we don't know. Perhaps TPB do withhold things from the average people. If so, they probably have an enormous amount knowledge that we have no access to. TOP SECRET stuff.

How nice it would be to learn that ancient aliens did/do visit us. Imagine the wonders they could share. You can't prove a negative. It is easier to prove something does exist than it doesn't.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
In fact most of the megalithic structures of the past are architecturally superior to our modern day structures. How long have the pyramids stood? You think city sky scrappers will last as long? Have you seen some of the sculptures and symmetrical works of art completed from the past.
Megalithic structures are much simpler than modern architecture, so in the same way a simple rock lasts more than a pyramid, a pyramid lasts more than a modern building with the same height but a much smaller footprint.

If they were better at the time than now at building things, where are the bridges from that time?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

what makes you think they needed bridges?

-as for the ancient-alien theory, I agree with most of the above. Ancient tech does not equal Alien tech. Unless it can be specifically demonstrated to be alien.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is Evidence but it is how you take it in. If you dont see how Ancient People calling these 'Gods' "Space Brothers" or how no one can explain some of these structures were built with such primitive technology or how there are gaps in our Evolution as Evidence than thats you.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by MrStyx
Megalithic structures are much simpler than modern architecture, so in the same way a simple rock lasts more than a pyramid, a pyramid lasts more than a modern building with the same height but a much smaller footprint.

If they were better at the time than now at building things, where are the bridges from that time?

I wouldn't say better at building things for an easier life, such as bridges etc. As far we know, or are led to believe, these particular buildings such as the pyramids were built for a purpose. What that purpose is, who knows.

I am sure they had bridges back then but huge great ones that would stand the test of time? I doubt it. It seems pyramids were the 'in thing' around the world back then.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Its just entertainment , dont take it seriously.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The show maybe but the AAH is pretty old.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I like the show, this season isn't as good as the last couple of seasons, seems to me they are reaching when they say some of the things, like aliens put viruses in a comet and sent it to Earth. Not that I don't believe the comets/asteroids have bacteria on them that can make people sick, just don't think aliens did it.

I think it offers an interesting view on the megalithic structures, something I don't think our scientist or Egyptologist have explained. I don't think the Great Pyramid was built when they say it was and for the reason they say it was. Does that mean I believe Aliens came down here and built it for us, or told us how to do it, no ...... not really, but it is an interesting theory.

Do I think we were visited by Ancient Aliens, I don't know, but I do think we are a culture who has no memory of our history. I think the ancient people were highly advanced. They knew a ton about astrology and astronomy, and their building and structures prove it. I do think there are certain people in this world who know the truth about our history and are keeping it from us.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Some people just from too much excluding miss the line of the rational and go to the other edge of being ridiculous. And it is that thinking these documentaries are just made for entertainment and nothing else, and people are just making money and nothing of it is true because they are making money.. What a shallow thinking.

AAT is just a theory, nothing can be said as an absolute true. But if you take all the pieces, all come together perfectly well. Show me other theories where things fit so well? It is therefore a very good theory even if some here # on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There are numerous threads on ATS about the show or just discussing the idea of Ancient Aliens in general.

When I was in my late teens I took to Ancient Astronaut/Alien Hypothesis (AAH) and researched it fairly thoroughly through online research and endless documentaries about alternative archeology, Atlantis, UFOs, etc. While the idea of aliens visiting us seems compelling on the surface when applying proper skepticism most so-called evidence for ancient aliens is extraordinarily tenuous.

For instance attempts to re-interpret myths about gods and goddesses to insert aliens. A common example is the fiery chariot of the Bible from which Daniken got his Chariots of the Gods title. They reinterpret this story of Elijah being taken to heaven in a fiery chariot in the context of MODERN UFO LORE. In order to do this they must ignore the actual context of the story, they also have to cherry pick which myths to use. An ancient aliens believer will talk until they are blue in the mouth about Ezekiel's wheel within a wheel but never bring up Balam and his talking Donkey or they will take the story of the fiery chariot literally while passing off Genesis as allegory about a Reptilian race of aliens interfering in early humanity (the serpent).

Another common tactic is to appeal to mystery in order to commit what I have termed the Aliens of the Gap fallacy. This is when the proponent of AAH will take something mysterious from man's ancient past, such as a massive monument, and establish that it's origins are unknown. So they will spend a great deal of time attempting to show that ancient humans could not have built the Pyramids, or Puma Punku and declare it a mystery. They then turn around and insert aliens to fill in that question mark, to fill the gap in our knowledge. This is a logical fallacy as there is no evidence that aliens are the actual explanation, it is just an empty assertion.

Most arguments from AAH proponents are logically flawed and the evidence they present for their aliens is almost never as anomalous as they claim. Take, for example, the Piri Reis map, used alternatively as evidence for both ancient aliens and Atlantis/Lemuria it is a map which supposedly shows the coast of Antarctica WITHOUT ice, something that would have been impossible in the 1500s when the map was made. Many build the map up as some incredible mystery that needs an incredible answer (like aliens) but in actuality what is mistaken for Antarctica is actually the coast of South America that was drawn wrapped around the bottom of the map.

I suggest you do your own research, there's plenty of info on the interwebs both for and against AAH, do your own independent research and then make up your own mind about the issue

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I don't deny ancient astronaut theory is a possibility but there is no tangible evidence for it , you can look at wonders like the Pyramids or the Nazca lines and say Aliens did it but that don't make it so , just because we don't understand what was going on in the heads of the people that created these things doesn't mean they didn't create them or have good reason for doing so without the help of Aliens .

As for the constant claim on the Ancient Aliens show that they didn't have the tools do what they did .....how do we know , just because we haven't found these tools doesn't mean they didn't exist .

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The AA program works exactly the same way as religion has worked for all these years. It finds gaps in our present level of knowledge and just fills them in with storys about aliens. They will claim anything we dont understand is aliens. Trying to say Morgellons or the plague might be a disease sent from space was laughable. A whole bunch of stuff they present is just not true like the idea that the red rain came from space. There is just no provable evidence for what they are saying.

I saw a video just the other day here on ATS where a single man was shifting stone blocks weighing many tons with nothing but clever engineering. Humans are clever enough to build things like the pyramids even if you dont have faith in them.

These AA programs are not documentaries they are storys presented in a documentary style. The show is interesting and i enjoy watching it but its not to be taken to seriously.

edit on 11-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
But if you take all the pieces, all come together perfectly well. Show me other theories where things fit so well?
How can a theory that shifts the solution of a problem to a latter date explain anything?

Saying "we don't know how humans did this, so it must have been aliens" it's one of the worst explanations possible, because not only are we still left without knowing how that thing (whatever it may be) was made, we are told that something for which we do not have real evidence (presence of alien beings with at least the same level of intelligence as humans) explains it.

So, are we to wait for the aliens to show up and ask them how they did those things? What kind of explanation is that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join