It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Denominational Prayers for all 9/11 victims including ourselves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Please DO NOT STAR THIS POST! This is not about me at all and I urge all my fellow members to focus on others for just a few moments to pay some respects! [Flags are welcomed however] Thank You!

ALL are welcome to post BUT there are to be NO lines or posts to be made by anybody in regards to seperating us from this tragedy, the victims or each other! Please remain civil and treat this thread as a hallowed sacred ground, just like the wombs of our mothers!

Explanation: I am your brother, please join me in prayer...

The Lord's Prayer

Personal Disclosure: May ALL the victims of 9/11 R.I.P. Amen!

P.S. I hope and pray my fellow members are able to heal from this tragedy that touched all of us deeply in its own ways. May God have mercy upon our souls!

edit on 11-9-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I certainly feel for the families of the victims of 9/11. And I certainly have had minutes to to think about those families, and those service men who lost their lives in valour.

But don't you think the starving, sick, dying in impoverished countries and elsewhere need our prayers more?

Secondaly, do you think praying will actually acheieve anything? What good are prayers going to do now in regards to 9/11???

I'm not making accusations but i hope this thread wasn't for the purpose whoring for flags and stars. If that was true; I would think you were a putrid example of human life. I have "faith" that this wasn't your intention, but humanity is capable of despicable morality. (9/11 events is just one example!)

Besides, getting off your knees, or being pro-active rather than praying to the void seems to work better in regards to getting something done:-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d15a7d3fff4.png[/atsimg]

Perhaps insensitive of me, but i'll pray anyway just incase it works, ..... But for everyone, not just for victims of a tragedy........sure..... co-incidences happen, but i'm not going to attribute that to a "divine" response to my prayer. Success rate of prayers seem to be quite low......

Chances of my prayers being answered? Similarly, I'd ask: what are the chances of a sick, dying ethiopian's prayers being answered?
edit on 11/9/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Explanation: Another year on and the ATS 9/11 forum was closed and then reopened again within that timeframe!

So since it seems the wound is still as raw as ever,... I just wanted to add another prayer for all of us on this day!

Personal Discosure: May the victims R.I.P.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Beautiful tribute and prayer OL.

I joined you in a prayer for the victims,as well as all their loved ones left behind.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It makes me sad that this thread did not receive more attention , because I know it came from OL 's heart, and was for very good intentions.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

Besides, getting off your knees, or being pro-active rather than praying to the void seems to work better in regards to getting something done

If you mean by being proactive and committing violence to get revenge, then no it never solves the problem. Eye for an eye never fixes anything, all it does is ensure all will walk through life totally blind in a never ending cycle. Nothing you or anyone ever does will ever fix the problem of men being corrupt. Even if you took religions away, people would still find a reason to take your crap because they want what you have because they don't have it. Humanity is broken and the sooner you realize that the better. Prayer is the only thing we can do, because it's going to take some Divine intervention to fix what is wrong with us.

top topics

join