It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Coexistence or Why Don't We See More of Them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When we think of aliens visiting Earth we think of abductions: this is the general view, aleins in small crafts visiting Earth. Is the reason why we don't see Aliens on mass is because we could not coexist with too much contact. After all there are no other types of humans on Earth: races yes but actual breeds no. I think this is because we killed all competing types of humans: we have also interbred but to a much smaller degree. If this is true of all intelligent life, or even most, we and them could not coexist with any other intelligent life with too much contact. After all our searching this limited contact may simply be their most advanced step to contact; no other type may be possible. If we one day discover intelligent life, we may understand this by then, and attempt to reach out in a similar way. The only other option would be to form a internet that would allow them to take part without us knowing.As to how we connect ALIENS to the net, simply by giving them the option somehow I do not know. We would need to create a ALIEN HACKABLE INTERNET.
edit on 11/9/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Breed is not an objective term or biological classification. Humans come in different sizes, shapes, skin tones, hair color, eye color, etc. which is a result of environment, interracial marriage and other factors. There are different breeds of dogs, yes, because we can selectively pick and choose what type of dogs we want so that certain traits get passed on from generation to generation. This controlled natural selection applies to plants and animals. The closest thing to a "breed" related to modern humans for example are Neanderthals which is a subspecies of Homo Sapien.
edit on 9/11/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

Since neanderthals are extinct and the reason why is up for debate, maybe you're right about not being able to coexist.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
... If we one day discover intelligent life, ...

yep, since mankind is too stupid, we do have to seach for it

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we're probably the only living thing in the universe that has to work to make money to buy something that grows on trees anywhere on our own planet, just to name ONE thing.

When people start asking.. Hey, how come their space craft can stay turned on for so long and not run out of power when i have to work my ass off to buy gas to put on my car, or keep the power running in my house?

That would be a problem.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Race is determined by genetics,not environment which has been debunked as to why we are different anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

I didn't say RACE. All I said was, based on environmental differences there is variation! This has been proven, for example, in hotter temperatures you find people with longer limbs where as in colder temperatures you find people with shorter limbs. Race is social construct and NOT a scientific one. Skin color is another example: closer to the equator results in more melanin in the skin rather than farther away in northern latitudes which results in a lighter complexion. We are all the same species, yet it's our diversity in CULTURE which ultimately distinguishes one from another.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So far comments on use of word race, and word breed: if read from my post it says,"After all there are no other types of humans on Earth: races yes but actual breeds no" Meaning modern humans have and as someone posted the nearest equivalent of breed would be extinct neanderthals: I whole heartedly agree.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Do you think ants "see" and "know" that humans are all over this planet? No, they can't.

Might be the same for us.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Because earth is a new environment to them and they are 4th dimensional.

4th dimensional or 4th density means they can travel time. It is like a developed dream world. They can travel 10,000 miles per hour in one direction for 300 feet, then go the other direction the same speed, and repeatedly do this in different jumpy motions, and this is physically. Their mind is not like 100 times that of man, it is like 1,000 times. It is collectively so powerful that it can go through time and across the world to see everybody. These species of Greys are totally secret, they tell the abductee that they don't want them to remember. The way they communicate with the abductee is from the 4th dimension, kind of like a ghost they can be here but not here. It has to do with soul energies and mind energies and time does not have the same relevance as it does for earth in the 3rd dimension.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If you can squint enough to read the first statement in my signature, you can see how nature works.

But I'll state it here also: "Intelligence seeks to proliferate itself not necessarily via its own kind."

I strongly suspect that few people get the real substance of that statement that came out of the air to me one day in 1968 as I was trying to come to terms with a time-loss experience a few years earlier.

We, as humans, teach to many other creatures different behaviors and "tricks" that they do not normally have or acquire. Foremost, we teach our own, and the children of others. We would teach Martians if they were to prove to be less adept at knowing, living, and learning than ourselves. Teaching other creatures different strategies to cope and compete better than they could on their own resources is what humans are about. It is the an evolutionary and radially revolotional step up from the instinctive behaviors of non-thinking creatures, But it is grounded in the instinctive teachings that lower creatures MUST give their young. That would be a universal feature of intelligence across the Universe. No creature could attain higher intelligence otherwise. I think it is as simple as that.

But, yes, as you suggest, cross-communication would probably be limited, as with conversations between you and your dog.

top topics

join