It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans and our past.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I always wonder to myself, could it be possible that what we think are aliens are actually a civilization that took off from Earth leaving little or no evidence of them ever being here.

The Ancient Aliens series always touches upon monuments such as the pyramids, nazca lines etc and they always believe they were made by something other worldly, or for their benefit. This is one of those things we will probably never be able to confirm; and the fact of the matter is, why would they build them out of stone?

The answer to that question came to me when I was watching a documentary on what would happen to the Earth if it was suddenly abandoned. Our buildings, bridges and other large structures would collapse, and in a few thousand years there would be little evidence of our civilization ever existing. In fact, the Pyramids would still be there, but everything else would pretty much be gone. Of course, the Pyramids were built to last, so maybe there is evidence of Aliens or an advanced civilization but because some of these things are made of stone we just brush them off as primitive structures despite their massive size, engineering prowess and accuracy in which some of them serve their purpose, such as stone henge for example.

The dark ages are called the dark ages because there were little written accounts that could shed light on the era. We could think back to the times before written languages were said to have existed, and we could wonder, could there have been a group/civilization that were highly advanced and just decided to take off one day?

I just wondered if any of you guys had any thoughts on this, I'm not saying this DID happen by the way, I'm largely being hypothetical. But cheers for reading.

V

edit on 11-9-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

Ancient Aliens always seems to captivate me, however at times I can be a little skeptical of claims they make. Although Ancient Aliens has introduced me to a number of archaeological sites that I never even knew about! It's possible for an ancient alien civilization to have possibly inhabited the Earth long ago. We are a relatively young species in relation to the Earth's age. For instance, what if a bipedal, intelligent species lived during the Permian-Triassic period, but later got wiped out by an extinction level event (which wiped out about 95% of life on Earth).

Take a look at this geological clock...

edit on 9/11/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The pyramids and monoliths were built out of stone because stone was the material that was already here for them to work with.

Just the same as we would do; if we go to Titan to colonize, we will need to create ports, factories, etc.....

It is enough to carry the needed cargo (people, supplies) so we would just use the material that already exists on Titan.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Exactly, we are still finding new species of dinosaurs and stuff so it would make sense if they exited and we have not found any fossils yet etc.

Agesss ago back when I was a kid, I had a pack of "Top Trumps" and I'm almost certain there was a dinosaur in the pack that looked exactly how I picture the reptilian race. It was supposed to be real dino's too. Strange.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The dark ages are called the dark ages because there were little written accounts that could shed light on the era.

Personally, I see the "dark ages" as that time when most of our history was rewritten to serve the ends of the elitists of the day, and those who would come after them. There are plenty of written records from that time I would think. The public just doesn't have access to them.
edit on 9/11/2011 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
^ History has always been politicakkt oriented. Based on which political wing, ones could mention some eveents that those against them dont

I agree with OP just because they look old and primiteve the way they were made abd the accuracy, some serve as ancient observatiories, they are more advanced that some buildings of today.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Humans *are* our past.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

When you say we you excluding me from the conversation. Your mind is like my mind - it is bathed in the bath of ignorance. There could be a number of reasons why I attain information and you don't, I don't want this to be a stepping stone for me in order to realize information.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by VraxUK

When you say we you excluding me from the conversation. Your mind is like my mind - it is bathed in the bath of ignorance. There could be a number of reasons why I attain information and you don't, I don't want this to be a stepping stone for me in order to realize information.

Sorry, what?

new topics

top topics

join